Shower valve leaking.

larneal

This has been driving me nuts. I am getting a puddle of water behind the camode. It has to be coming from the camode or the shower. Well it was pretty easy to rule out the camode. I saw a little water coming out from the shower where the glass meet the base so I sealed it. Thought I had it fixed and then this morning there was the puddle again. No one had showered so I knew I had not found the problem. I took the access panel off the back of the shower and I could feel a drip from the cold water side of the valve. Can somebody tell me how in the world I am going to be able to repair this? I can barely get one hand in there. Water leaks has been my big problem with this trailer.

Larry Neal
2009 BH 3385RL

navyAZ1

We had a leak also that I couldn't seem to find until someone told me what to do. I'm not for sure that it is the water line in your case but rather it might be like ours. On ours I found that on the faucet body where the shower hose screws on there is a hole (really poor design) where the faucet body slips over the hose fitting. I removed the faucet body cleaned up everything and caulked the faucet body especially in the area around the hose fitting. Haven't had a problem since, good luck.

Ron

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
This has been driving me nuts. I am getting a puddle of water behind the camode. It has to be coming from the camode or the shower. Well it was pretty easy to rule out the camode. I saw a little water coming out from the shower where the glass meet the base so I sealed it. Thought I had it fixed and then this morning there was the puddle again. No one had showered so I knew I had not found the problem. I took the access panel off the back of the shower and I could feel a drip from the cold water side of the valve. Can somebody tell me how in the world I am going to be able to repair this? I can barely get one hand in there. Water leaks has been my big problem with this trailer.

Larry Neal
2009 BH 3385RL

I was able to tighten the connections behind the shower in our previous Sundance. You may need to find someone with a smaller hand/arm to reach in there. Periodically tightening all the water connections is a preventative maintenance process we all have to periodically perform. They are going to loosen up when they are bouncing down our wonderfully smooth hiways.