HOP (Heartland Owners Position)

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Just wondering how many use the Heartland Owners Position (HOP) on the Forum? Do you keep it updated? I try to. You can access it by going to the Tools menu and then clicking on the HOP link. The rest is pretty self-explanatory. Kind of fun to look and see where all of the Heartland owners are at any given time. Check it out.;)

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I try to keep my HOP up to date. It is fun to see if there are anyother HO's in the area. (That is Heartland Owners... OK...). Right now I can see that Invizatu & Soilmovers are a few miles away.

I have had email contact with Soilmovers and hope to meet them before we leave on FEB 7th.

It would nice to see a lot of owners use the HOP.

BC

kb0zke

We're on there. I just looked, and see that there are a few other owners within about 50 miles of us.

GETnBYE

I am on the map and have looked at it a few times.
Wonder if I move my pushpin a bit farther south if I'll get some better weather???
Nita

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I tried to change my position when we traveled down to Tampa but had troubles. I will check into it again. That way I will know how to do it next time.

2010augusta

To add or change your location:

First delete your current entry.
Then click edit/add your entry
to place your marker, just click on the map.
use the slider bar to zoom in and out
fill out the fields to add information to your entry

jmgratz

That is why I started this thread. Because I thought many were unaware of this feature. Have fun with it

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
To add or change your location:

First delete your current entry.
Then click edit/add your entry
to place your marker, just click on the map.
use the slider bar to zoom in and out
fill out the fields to add information to your entry
Just a little added note here. You can Zoom in and switch to Satellite view and click to get your marker darn near exactly where you are parked.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
That is why I started this thread. Because I thought many were unaware of this feature. Have fun with it

I'm sure glad you did. To be honest, while my "pin" is on home, I always thought that is what it was used for...where HOC members live. Never thought about using it to position when traveling and to look for others close by. You can bet I'm going to be paying a lot closer attention to map from now on.

Thanks for reminding us of an excellent resource. Gosh I love this forum!!

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Hay watch out. Someone poked me with their Pin. Have to watch out for the newbies.

The satellite is what I also use and can in many cases put the pin right on the site I am staying.

The HOP has been updated. You don't have to delete your pin. Just zoom in and find the place you now are staying, go to the statllite and fine tune it and click on the site and your pin will be moved to that location. Kidd our great Administrator made the update some time ago.

BC

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
I tried...followed Alans instructions, got the "added entry" message but...alas, no SJH pin. Now I am getting a complex thinking I have become "technology challenged"

Have a great day!

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
You have to click on your location on the map after you selected "add/delete your present location" or something like that. Then select add at the bottom.

jmgratz

For those that are having difficulty I am sure Michael Kidd will be giving another 'how to' seminar at the rally.