Black tank drain pipe elevated improperly

Asus2008

I was behind my service panel near the docking station, and noticed that the drain pipe out of the black water tank was elevated. The pipe exiting from the tank about 24" turns a 90 degree elbow goes 6" into a 45 degree elbow. The 45 degree elbow is sitting on top of the I-Beam that has elevated the drain pipe. So when we dump the black water tank it does not empty all the way out. Is this something I can fix or do I have to take it to the Dealership to have checked out?
:)

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
If you have the knowledge and or capability to do it and there is an better route for the drain pipe then tackle it yourself. Otherwise a dealer would be able to manage it. Has this caused you any problems in the last couple of years?

Asus2008

I always knew there was a problem with the tank, when we would go to dump the black water it would not dump out all of the way, it would always show 2/3 full even after 30 minutes of flushing. I just assumed it was the black water tank and not the pipe.

Northern Virginia
My tank(s) do this too. It is very frustrating. Sometimes, depending on the angle of the dump station, I can raise my gear to help gravity out. One of these days I will rework the pipes to fix this problem.

John