Back flush on Blackwater tank

drice

I have a new 2011 Bighorn 3670RL. I connected the water hose to the back flush connection and turned the water on and all it does is pressure up my water hose.
Anyone ever experience this before.

jimtoo

Hi drice,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I'm sure some others will chime in here soon, but sounds like you may have a backflow/vacumbreaker installed backwards. I don't know for sure, but it is most likely up behind the shower faucet handles. You might pull the panel behind the UDC and check the direction the hose goes on the backside of the connection for the backflush connector.

Or call your dealer for help.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

ChopperBill

I have a new 2011 Bighorn 3670RL. I connected the water hose to the back flush connection and turned the water on and all it does is pressure up my water hose.
Anyone ever experience this before.
I think there is suppose to be a check valve and it may be installed back words. I say I think because ours has no check valve.

TedS

In my Bighorn, the backflow preventer check valve is behind the shower plumbing access cover in the shower.

drice

Jim
Thanks for the advice, you were right the backflow / vacumbreaker was indeed installed backwards.

jimtoo

I think it has an arrow on it showing direction of flow. Just have to take it down to where you could see it I guess.

Jim M