Hum-think I have a problem?

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Well - it's been 4 weeks since we took delivery of your new BC 3650 and I think I have a real problem. The shed shunk!!! The Grey Ghost wont fit. Wonder how much this is going to cost me?
IMG_0396.jpg

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Red Green would have no problem with that. Just cut up some 2x4's liberated from a construction site and get a few rolls of duct tape. Hacksaw the uprights, tape the sections of 2x4 in as risers, and have a cold one.

jimtoo

Hi Nathan,

Bout the same thing happened to me.... The big box building centers usually have a "patio" or "deck" cement block that has a channel across the top for the beam to fit in. It will give you about, I'm thinking, not at home, 8" or maybe 10" lift. I raised my shed up with a chain and HD bumper jack and placed these blocks under the sides and then re-anchored it with some screw in anchors. Gave me the clearance I needed. Check with your local supplier for the blocks.

Jim M

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Yea, that shrinkage will happen when you use too hot of water when washing it down.
Next time use cold water.
The new BC looks nice though.

Peace
Dave

Mike & Carol

Welcome to the club....haha...I had to raise the barndoors by 2 foot.....s.o.b. used to fit...then figured i my as well put in new concrete pad,,,then paved the driveway...I think I am done now!!! $15K later

trvlrerik

tight fit.jpg

I got tired of paying for storage fees, so I chopped off part of my roof to back into my back yard, my house on one side, the neighbors fence on the other. I am getting pretty good at backing up.

Nabo

You're right Ray - we knew the shed was going to be short in that it's 35' long and the coach is 40' but we were hoping the height would work. We had to take both of the vent covers off to get it that far in but the A/C unit is a huge problem. It's supposed to be a low profile but I guess there is a difference between a DuoTherm unit which was on our old BC and the Dometic on this unit. Ah well - what life without a little challenge.

caissiel

We can't afford storage so I drive it 2000 miles to the south and we winter in it.
Kidding.... I do drive south cheaper then all the winter expenses we have here in NB.

olcoon

Maybe you can run down to Home Depot and rent/buy a sky hook to raise the roof high enough! ;):D;)
I think it would be cheaper to rent a ditch witch and put in a couple troughs for the tires. Lower the rig, not raise the roof.:eek: Them sky hooks can be expensive.

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
View attachment 13893

I got tired of paying for storage fees, so I chopped off part of my roof to back into my back yard, my house on one side, the neighbors fence on the other. I am getting pretty good at backing up.

I'll bet there are no flies on the wall when you're backing up! Probably bail like a bunch of cowards.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Maybe you can run down to Home Depot and rent/buy a sky hook to raise the roof high enough! ;):D;)
I think it would be cheaper to rent a ditch witch and put in a couple troughs for the tires. Lower the rig, not raise the roof.:eek: Them sky hooks can be expensive.

I was kind of thinking the same thing. It might be easier to lower the driveway and put in a drain if needed that rebuild your shelter. Unless of course you were angling for a new shelter and this is a good way to get one.:D:D:D

Kristy

Birchwood

Purchasing a nice RV like the BC and having it set unused for months would be difficult.In Tennessee I guess it would be the
heat and humidity that would cause damage to your RV.In Canada its the extreme cold and I don't know what would be more
damaging.Vacant premises is difficult to manage whether it be a house ,RV or cottage.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator

I don't know what happened to this post. I was replying to olcoons post by using the "reply with quote" tab. Somehow when I went to edit my reply, it all converged into one post. Strange...

It was olcoon saying to get a skyhook and me (Ray) say to get a ditch witch.

Must be something wrong with my fingers.

Nabo

I don't think we can go down any more because of the septic system next to the shed. We already dug 3 feet out and put in a drain to get the old BC 3250 under the shed but somehow this beast is biggger. Funny how both coaches are listed at 12'11" but we measured the old 3250 at 13'4". The Grey Ghost is taller. Ah well!

caissiel

Drop the air in the TV rear tires and you will lower the BC by up to 6 inches on the front. Or ask all of you friends to jump in the truck box to lower the rear of your truck. Then unhook and your trailer will be lower.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Nathan, I'm hoping you realize a lot of these replies are in fun. We really mean no harm just some good hearted teasing. I do feel for your situation. On a more serious note though. Is there the possibility that you can add an extension to the front of the existing cover and make it taller by about 12 inches? As long as you still have room to maneuver, this might be the easiest and cheapest option. It would then be easy enough to fill the gap at the top with steel siding to match.

Nabo

Thanks Ray and no hurt feelings. What can one do but laugh. We have had all kinds of comical errors with this camper. Seem like one would know what to expect after 4 new coaches but this one is having fun testing us. We will soon get all the bugs out but it might be a little more expensive that planned. Just laugh with us!!! :cool:

Moose

Drop the air in the TV rear tires and you will lower the BC by up to 6 inches on the front. Or ask all of you friends to jump in the truck box to lower the rear of your truck. Then unhook and your trailer will be lower.

Make sure you don't p*ss off your friends as you might need them later to get hooked up again. LoL