ATF: Bighorn - BATHROOM GREY WATER TANK LEAK

Was on a four day trip and started to smell an odor in the fifth wheel. The smell was not a sewer smell it was a sour smell looked everywhere and nothing. Last day of our trip got everything ready for the tow home, pulled off the camping spot and water ran out the bottom front of fifth wheel. Got home and dropped the black plactic on bottom of unit. Filled the grey tank up with water and inspected around tank, water was leaking from the neck of the bathroom grey tank. I inspected the lines going to the tank to see if anything was loose, everything was tight and no movement. As far as I can see the tank has a factory defect in the neck of the tank and just now starting to leak. I am out of warranty just one more thing that I have to deal with so many things go wrong on my Big Horn and all poor poor workmanship but I still like my fifth wheel maybe when I get it rebuild I will stop having so many problems.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
How much out of warrenty? Do you have an extended warrenty?? Have you called HL service for any help?? Do you have any pix of the leak at the neck?? Can it be repaired with out removing the tank?? BTW, HL did not build the tank..they bought it just like you would. Not all the things on your trailer were built by HL. Get in there...drill 2 small holes at each end of the crack and apply some epoxy sealer to it. The make a sealer for the tanks.