PDA

View Full Version : EVENT: Heartland Multi-Chapter Rally: SC, Hilton Head Island - 4/20/2012 to 4/22/2012

Pages : [1] 2

SouthernNights
11-05-2011, 09:05 AM
43A Jenkins Rd., Hilton Head Island, SC 29926
Venue:
------------------------------

S.C. & N.C. Spring Rally Hilton Head S.C.
43A Jenkins Rd.
Hilton Head Island, SC 29926
Sarina 800 845 9560
http://www.hiltonheadharbor.com/
Pets ok?: Yes
Pet Fee:
WiFi available: Yes
WiFi Fee:

Details:

Number of sites held: 25
Site fee: $$54.00 a discount based on # of rigs will be offered. per night.
Club Member Event fee: 0.00
Non-Club Member fee: $20.00
Potluck: Yes
Potluck date: 4/20/2012
Potluck time: 6:00PM

Event Leader: SouthernNights(click to contact) (//heartlandowners.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=5755)

Additional Info:
Come join us in beautiful Hilton Head Island for a taste of Coastal Living in South Carolina!!!

Hilton Head Harbor is a private RV resort located right on the ICW. We will be offering Dolphin tours and salt water fishing all located within the campground. No need to travel anywhere! Tour and fishing offered by Live Oac. http://www.liveoac.com/index.html (http://www.liveoac.com/index.html)

Dick Gore's RV located in Richmond GA. will be on site with new Heartland trailers, a technician to help with small issues or advice, a professional sales associate to answer any questions and will also be providing dinner for Saturday night!!!! http://www.dickgoresrvworld.com/

As a club, the SC chapter of the Heartland Owner's club will also be helping with one of the local charities. Bluffton Self Help is a temporary help organization which helps people get back on their feet. You can read more about them here: http://www.blufftonselfhelp.org/ We ask that everyone coming to the rally bring one of the following items so we; as a club; can give back to the community that we are visiting.

Items that they are always in need of are:
Non-Perishable Foods
Electric Fans and/or Window Air Conditioners
Toiletries Children’s Books
Clothing

Dale and Michelle Heuer are our Wagon masters and Larry and Samantha Bandstra are the S.C Chapter Leaders and Terry and Renee Deal are the N.C. Chapter leaders for this event.

When making reservations, please contact the campground directly, let them know you are with the Heartland Rally, and then post on the forum your arrival date.

Sites will be assigned once you arrive at the campground. You will be allowed to pick your own site including some sites on the ICW.

Hilton Head Island is also known for it's golf courses. If any one wants to golf while you are there, I have included a Google link to some area golfing. Click -here (http://www.google.com/search?q=hilton+head+golf+courses&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a)

If you are interested in taking a boat tour or going fishing, you must call LiveOac directly. They will coordinate the time and reservations with you directly.

Come and enjoy our southern hospitality and beautiful sunsets!!

LIST OF ATTENDEES forum name
1) Laura and Gene (Ohmz42)
2) Phil and Becky (Phil Smith)
3) Larry and Sam (Southernnights)
4) Dale and Michelle ( mntnman)
5) Jim and Judy (jhyatt)
6) Terry and Renee (trdeal)
7) Ollie and Marcy (ophazard)
8) Kim and Teresa (Pannell)
9) Brad and Lisa (Bradforx)
10)
11) Gary and Susan (gmckinney)
12) Mark and Patty (mjf55)
13) Calvin and Judy (cjhicks)
14) Donnie and Sandy (Dtesh)
15) Pam and Ray (phix)
16) Gary and Dian (GandDCapen)
17) Eric and Dorothy (Flying Dutchman)
18) Mike and Carol (Mike & Carol)
19) Dick and Reta (Hillsonwheels)
20) Ed and Barbara (brauch)
21) Dave and Julie (davebennington)
22) Jim and Terry (campHOG)
23) Troy and Shannon (troybilt)
24) Rodney and Suzy (SGeohagan)
25) Bill and Fran (Yuleervers)

Jim & Harriet
11-06-2011, 08:45 AM
this looks like a great location. we hope to be there!

SouthernNights
11-06-2011, 10:03 AM
Hope you guys can make this one. Would love to share this rally with y'all.

davebennington
11-06-2011, 10:12 AM
Larry & Sam,

We are planning to to be there!!!!

Dave & Julie

SouthernNights
11-06-2011, 01:25 PM
very good Dave. I need to get busy tomorrow making reservations tomorrow for several places including this one!

Phil Smith
11-07-2011, 06:07 PM
It's on my calendar. Just have to wait to make sure there are no conflicts. Hope to see everyone there!
Phil

SouthernNights
11-07-2011, 07:39 PM
It's on my calendar. Just have to wait to make sure there are no conflicts. Hope to see everyone there!
Phil

If work gets in the way, just tell them the fish are biting :D

SouthernNights
11-08-2011, 12:59 PM
very good Dave. I need to get busy tomorrow making reservations tomorrow for several places including this one!

Just made reservations :)

Dont forget when you call to let them know that you are with the heartland Rally!!!

mntnman
11-08-2011, 06:18 PM
The wagon masters are glad to see that the reservation have begun. If anyone has questions just let us know.

lduguay
11-09-2011, 03:10 PM
Larry,

I KNOW this will make your day.........The Duguay's are COMING to town and will be at Hilton Head on Thursday, BEFORE the backing in score cards are out!!! :p

This is gonna be a good one......I just feel it!!!! Oh, they are ALL good ones!! :D

See y'all in April.....or at Ocean Lakes during the Christmas/New Years break.....I reserved a site today and got an ocean front.....whoooowho!!

Lance

SouthernNights
11-09-2011, 04:22 PM
Larry,

I KNOW this will make your day.........The Duguay's are COMING to town and will be at Hilton Head on Thursday, BEFORE the backing in score cards are out!!! :p

This is gonna be a good one......I just feel it!!!! Oh, they are ALL good ones!! :D

See y'all in April.....or at Ocean Lakes during the Christmas/New Years break.....I reserved a site today and got an ocean front.....whoooowho!!

Lance

Great Lance-and you guys are going down early? Did I read that right???

BTW, ALL the sites are back in sites.:eek:

lduguay
11-09-2011, 04:38 PM
Yep, arriving Thursday evening.......and YES, I will practice the Backin' up :cool:

jhyatt
11-10-2011, 08:45 PM
Larry & Sam;
Judy and I will be at the Hilton Head rally, Judy just made the reservations tonight. See you'all there.

Jim

SouthernNights
11-11-2011, 05:26 AM
Hi Jim and Judy,

Thank you for joining us. I guess you will be changing one island for another!!!! See you there.:)

mntnman
11-12-2011, 12:43 PM
In Hilton Head today seen a new bighorn in the park will stop by later to let them know about the rally.The sunrise was very nice with the fog over the intercostal.

SouthernNights
11-15-2011, 08:56 PM
Hi everyone,
I have started a list of attendees for the Hilton Head rally. Please see post number 1.

I will update it as people let us know they have made reservations. Please remember to let the cg know you are with the HL group when you make reservations.

Also remember that this cg is unique. You get to pick your own site when you arrive!!!! You could be one of the lucky ones who end up right on the ICW! :cool:

Jim & Harriet
11-15-2011, 09:12 PM
We have written the dates on our calendar and will call soon to make the reservation.:)
Planning to arrive on Thursday and staying until Tuesday / Wednesday - do you know if
the cost will be the same?

Looking forward to this rally helps to get thru the winter...

SouthernNights
11-15-2011, 09:16 PM
We have written the dates on our calendar and will call soon to make the reservation.:)
Planning to arrive on Thursday and staying until Tuesday / Wednesday - do you know if

Looking forward to this rally helps to get thru the winter...

Thats great Jim. :)Sarena did tell me the the discount will apply for early arrivals and late stays. Let me know if you are told any different.

SouthernNights
11-16-2011, 08:11 PM
I have added an itinerary to Post #1. This rally can be as laidback or as busy as you would like to make to make it. If you desire to play golf, go dolphin touring or guide fishing, links have been provided. If you desire to just sit and relax-NO links necessary!!!

See you there.

phix
11-16-2011, 09:28 PM

When we stayed there July 2011, it was $49/night if you stayed 4 days or more. The ones on the water costed more than those not on the water. This is a super nice campground. Each site is different as each site is privately owned and made unique by the owners. The ones on the water have piers and docks for boats, but they lock the entrance to the docks and renters cannot go out on the private docks. There are 2 pools, and one of them is built out over the water with a gorgeous view. We encountered some very nice people there. We are hoping to fit this rally into our plans. We have not yet been to one!

mntnman
11-16-2011, 10:06 PM
When we stayed there July 2011, it was $49/night if you stayed 4 days or more. The ones on the water costed more than those not on the water. This is a super nice campground. Each site is different as each site is privately owned and made unique by the owners. The ones on the water have piers and docks for boats, but they lock the entrance to the docks and renters cannot go out on the private docks. There are 2 pools, and one of them is built out over the water with a gorgeous view. We encountered some very nice people there. We are hoping to fit this rally into our plans. We have not yet been to one!

It's great to hear wonderful reviews. We absolutely love it and hope you can make it back in April.

mntnman
11-16-2011, 10:09 PM

I think we met you guys when you were there. If I remember correctly you had wonderful views of the inter coastal.

Jim & Harriet
11-16-2011, 10:12 PM
tech question ...
for those of you who know and have stayed at this park, is their WiFi REALLY as good
as they say? Free but not good is not a benefit. We are thinking of getting a MiFi at
some point but wondered about this park's connections.
It certainly looks beautiful. I did not realize that many of the sites are owned and rented
to folks like us who are just staying a few days.

phix
11-16-2011, 10:24 PM
tech question ...
for those of you who know and have stayed at this park, is their WiFi REALLY as good
as they say? Free but not good is not a benefit. We are thinking of getting a MiFi at
some point but wondered about this park's connections.
It certainly looks beautiful. I did not realize that many of the sites are owned and rented
to folks like us who are just staying a few days.

We were there for 10 days last summer at 2 different sites (fairly close to each other). We ended up using my smartphone and mobile wi-fi most of the time as it was better. Their wi-fi was in and out and sometimes very slow. Maybe it is more reliable in other sites?????? We enjoyed the cable TV though which is included. Also, someone comes by several times a day and picks up your trash at your site!

phix
11-16-2011, 10:30 PM
I think we met you guys when you were there. If I remember correctly you had wonderful views of the inter coastal.
Yes! I remember talking to you. The site we had did have a nice view from the rear window, but I would not get it again because it was way too hard to back into. Hope to see you guys there.

Jim & Harriet
11-17-2011, 09:52 AM
Thanks for the wifi and site info. A view of the water is nice but being able to
back-in easily ... priceless!

SouthernNights
11-17-2011, 07:03 PM
The South Carolina chapter is pleased to announce that it will be combining the Hilton Head rally with North Carolina.
There were several reasons that led us to this decision; not the least of which is the economy-whether talking fuel prices or just the inability of people being able to take time off from work.

Lets welcome Terry and Renee , North Carolina Chapter leaders, and hope to see everyone here in April.

jbeletti
11-17-2011, 07:51 PM
Another Multi-Chapter rally! Sounds great Larry/Sam and Terry/Renee.

Jim

trdeal
11-18-2011, 04:59 AM
Renee and I want to say a big THANK YOU to Larry and Samantha and to the SC HOC for allowing the NC HOC to be a part of this upcoming rally.Looks like a great location with lots to do if you want to.We are looking forward to seeing all our camping friends again and making lots of new ones! Come on North Carolina and beyond. Lets pack the house out!

Jim & Harriet
11-18-2011, 08:42 AM
I am sure this will be a great event. Thanks for making the decision - it really
helps to know what's happening so we can make a 2012 rally plan. See you in April!

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!

Flying Dutchman
11-18-2011, 09:32 AM
Wahoo!!!! We just LOVE rally's.:cool:

mntnman
11-19-2011, 05:11 AM
Renee, Terry glad to see that the North Carolina group will be joining us for the rally. If you have any questions get with us.

As to the WIFI some sites are better than others. It works real good by the pool that over looks the ICW. I will check on when the upgrade is to be completed.

Dale

SouthernNights
11-19-2011, 05:37 AM
Wahoo!!!! We just LOVE rally's.:cool:

Is this a commitment from the President and First Lady of Rallyhoics???:eek::D

trdeal
11-19-2011, 05:59 AM
Is this a commitment from the President and First Lady of Rallyhoics???:eek::D It sure sounds like it to me!

trdeal
11-19-2011, 06:03 AM
Renee, Terry glad to see that the North Carolina group will be joining us for the rally. If you have any questions get with us.

As to the WIFI some sites are better than others. It works real good by the pool that over looks the ICW. I will check on when the upgrade is to be completed.

Dale Thanks Dale. We are looking forward to it. It should be a great weekend.

ncc1701e
11-19-2011, 12:20 PM
Have Clubs, Will Travel! We'll be there forsure. This will work out pretty nice since we are returning to Longs, SC in January for 3 months before wondering back to KY.

lduguay
11-19-2011, 12:59 PM
WHAT!!! NC & SC?....Do I get credit for 2 rallies?? :cool:

Larry, I will bring the extra sewer hose :D

SouthernNights
11-19-2011, 01:09 PM
Have Clubs, Will Travel! We'll be there forsure. This will work out pretty nice since we are returning to Longs, SC in January for 3 months before wondering back to KY.

Glad you guys can join us Tom. You have been added to the list. :)

No Lance, you probably wont even get credit for this one if you misbehave.:p

Pannell
11-19-2011, 01:18 PM
We are booked....cant wait!!!!

SouthernNights
11-19-2011, 01:49 PM
We are booked....cant wait!!!!

Kim and Teresa,
Thank you for joining us.. Your scrap book from the NC rally was awesome!!!! You have been added:)

trdeal
11-19-2011, 01:52 PM
We are booked....cant wait!!!! Hey Kim and Teresa, that is great! That makes 4 couples from NC.Sounds like we got a rally on our hands.

trdeal
11-19-2011, 01:58 PM
Kim and Teresa,
Thank you for joining us.. Your scrap book from the NC rally was awesome!!!! You have been added:) I think we should make Teresa our official NC/SC rally scrap booker. She does a great job and the position pays well.

SouthernNights
11-19-2011, 02:18 PM
I think we should make Teresa our official NC/SC rally scrap booker. She does a great job and the position pays well.

I heard it pays the same as a moderator job--1 full bowl of gruel everyday.

lduguay
11-19-2011, 02:20 PM
I 2nd the motion for Teresa as official scrapbooker/rally historian!!

All opposed???...........................zero!! Motion passes!!!

Congrats to Teresa, official NC/SC historian!!!! :D

Pannell
11-19-2011, 03:10 PM
Im sure she will accept the position with honor......LOL I will go tell her. Hey the campground rate drops to $49 if you stay 5 nights, or stay 6 nights and get a night for free....dern it....I guess we will have to stay a week now. Twist my arm.......LOL

SouthernNights
11-19-2011, 03:27 PM
Im sure she will accept the position with honor......LOL I will go tell her. Hey the campground rate drops to $49 if you stay 5 nights, or stay 6 nights and get a night for free....dern it....I guess we will have to stay a week now. Twist my arm.......LOL

The rate is at 49 already with 10 people signed up. It drops again at either 15 or 20. Have to ask Dale. See...You can stay even longer now!!!

Pannell
11-19-2011, 03:39 PM
I thought it was $54.....I hope it keeps dropping, a longer stay would be be great!!!!! Thanks for the info

Pannell
11-19-2011, 03:58 PM
I just confirmed....NO free nights, that ends March 1.

mntnman
11-19-2011, 04:26 PM
At 25 rigs the discount will be 15 percent off.

phix
11-19-2011, 08:02 PM
At 25 rigs the discount will be 20 percent off.

That's great! Shouldn't be hard to get 25 attendees.

bradforx
11-23-2011, 02:44 PM
Lisa and I have our reservations and will contact you to see about helping out.

SouthernNights
11-23-2011, 03:05 PM
Hi Brad and Lisa,

Glad you could join us - or rather we join you considering your Hilton Head Island signature..Sam and I will probably go down some time in January so we might see each other.:)

I did send you a PM-BTW, do you guys know Dale and Michelle? They keep their Bighorn down there also.

trdeal
11-23-2011, 04:46 PM
Brad and Lisa, that is great! We are looking forward to meeting you. Thanks also for your offer to help.

Jim & Harriet
11-23-2011, 05:23 PM
Confirmed our reservation today! Thinking about Hilton Head will get us thru the cold winter...
We are planning to arrive on Thursday and leave the following Tuesday. On the reservation info
is states that the sites by the water are $54 / night, away from the water $49 (if you stay 4 nights.)
That is before any discount.
To all ya'll - have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

PS: who is Sam and why does he have a white elephant:rolleyes:

SouthernNights
11-23-2011, 06:03 PM
Jim and Harriet,
I thought y'all had already confirmed but glad that you are now.

As far as Sam' white elephant this might be a good time to 'splain the rules...

To Everyone attending-

First, Sam is my wife (Samantha) and she has this game called "white elephant."

Every one needs to bring a wrapped or bagged gift. PLEASE, do NOT go out buy anything. Pick something laying around your trailer or house. The more useless this item the better!!!! One gift per person. Each person will have a ticket with a number. When your ticket is drawn, you get to pick a gift from the "big pile" OR you can steal a gift that someone had previously picked. A gift can be "stolen" twice. If your gift is stolen, then you get to pick another from the "big pile".

The game goes on until all the gifts have been picked or stolen. What is really cool is watching how some useless item that you just wanted to get rid of becomes a prize possession to some else.

There might even be a gift or two that isn't so useless mixed up in the "big pile".

I have no idea why it is called a "White elephant" or why the gifts are in a "big pile". (Ok, Lance, no comments here please :eek:)

One little thing that happens for some unknown reason and can not be explained. Sometimes, overnight when it is very still and everyone has gone to sleep, some of these gifts end up under other people's trailers. Strange phenomenon I know-but it happens.:eek:

mntnman
11-23-2011, 07:46 PM
Brad and Lisa,
Michelle and I are planning on being at the resort for new years. We will have to look you up the next time we make it down. Stop by site 121 if you see are car or truck

Dale

trdeal
11-23-2011, 09:06 PM
[QUOTE=Jim & Harriet;209086]Confirmed our reservation today! Thinking about Hilton Head will get us thru the cold winter...
We are planning to arrive on Thursday and leave the following Tuesday. On the reservation info
is states that the sites by the water are $54 / night, away from the water $49 (if you stay 4 nights.)
That is before any discount.
To all ya'll - have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

PS: who is Sam and why does he have a white elephant:rolleyes:[/QUOTE Jim and Harriet! We are glad you have decided to join us. April is just around the corner!

Phil Smith
11-23-2011, 09:13 PM
That Sam guy I think might be uncle Sam. The elephant thingy is political. You know there is also a donkey...

boatto5er
11-23-2011, 10:45 PM
That Sam guy I think might be uncle Sam. The elephant thingy is political. You know there is also a donkey...

Larry, I think Phil just called you a donkey!:eek::D

lduguay
11-23-2011, 10:51 PM
"I have no idea why it is called a "White elephant" or why the gifts are in a "big pile". (Ok, Lance, no comments here please :eek:)"

Now Larry, what makes you think I would comment on a comment like this????? Or would the "big pile" be from the "used" sewer hose in the "pile".....of course it would be wrapped........:cool:......maybe in TP.......after all I do have extra! :D

SouthernNights
11-24-2011, 04:36 AM
Larry, I think Phil just called you a donkey!:eek::D

"I have no idea why it is called a "White elephant" or why the gifts are in a "big pile". (Ok, Lance, no comments here please :eek:)"

Now Larry, what makes you think I would comment on a comment like this????? Or would the "big pile" be from the "used" sewer hose in the "pile".....of course it would be wrapped........:cool:......maybe in TP.......after all I do have extra! :D

:rolleyes: Sigh:rolleyes:

trdeal
11-24-2011, 06:00 AM
Poor Larry!

mntnman
11-24-2011, 06:45 AM
It looks like we may have a start to some interesting ideas for the exchange.

lduguay
11-25-2011, 11:46 AM
:rolleyes: Sigh:rolleyes:Wow, a whole day has gone by and Larry is STILL speechless!! This IS going to be a "SPECIAL" rally!!!!! Can't wait!!!!!

trdeal
11-25-2011, 12:14 PM
Wow, a whole day has gone by and Larry is STILL speechless!! This IS going to be a "SPECIAL" rally!!!!! Can't wait!!!!! Just hang on Lance. You know when he does come up with something it is going to be a good one!

SouthernNights
11-25-2011, 06:34 PM
Wow, a whole day has gone by and Larry is STILL speechless!! This IS going to be a "SPECIAL" rally!!!!! Can't wait!!!!!

Sorry Lance, didn't mean to ignore you but I am still trying to understand your fascination and obsession with sewer hoses. 16995

lduguay
11-26-2011, 05:18 PM
Sorry Lance, didn't mean to ignore you but I am still trying to understand your fascination and obsession with sewer hoses. 16995

LOL....."fascination & obsession"......naw, that only happens to folks who DON'T have enough sewer hose.......and this is an issue
that is no longer relevant for the Duguays :)

PS. I will never feel "ignored" by you :D

mntnman
11-30-2011, 08:15 PM
Larry / Terry
I will be going by Hilton head on Friday and Saturday do you need for me to check on anything for the rally.

Dale

trdeal
11-30-2011, 09:08 PM
Larry / Terry
I will be going by Hilton head on Friday and Saturday do you need for me to check on anything for the rally.

Dale Not that I know of Dale. Thanks for asking.

SouthernNights
12-01-2011, 04:13 AM
You could clean my site. :)

I think we are good Dale.

dick12444
12-08-2011, 12:26 PM
Dick and Debbie Hazel and the Labs will be arriving on Thursday. We also will be there before the back-in score cards are available. See you in April and have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

mntnman
12-08-2011, 05:16 PM
Dick and Debbie glad to see that you will be joining us.

Dale

trdeal
12-08-2011, 06:26 PM
Dick and Debbie, we are glad to hear that you have decided to join us in Hilton Head. Renee and I are looking forward to meeting you. We should have a great time.

SouthernNights
12-08-2011, 07:14 PM
Dick and Debbie Hazel and the Labs will be arriving on Thursday. We also will be there before the back-in score cards are available. See you in April and have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

It will be great seeing y'all again. Thank you for joining us. The back in cards have been reserved for for Lance, the rest of us get a 100. ;)

lduguay
12-10-2011, 01:45 AM
It will be great seeing y'all again. Thank you for joining us. The back in cards have been reserved for for Lance, the rest of us get a 100. ;)Larry, I DO understand that with the tremendous improvement of my FPPS (Fiver Posterior Positioning Skills), that you might feel the need to "level the playing field" for all you "experienced, tenured, multi year RVers" who come early to get the "pull throughs"......well, this rally will certainly test the "Old timers" as the only available sites are FPP sites!! My question is.......what do I do for bonus points??? Can't wait to see everyone!! Have a Merry Christmas!!!Lance

george.lewisiii
12-10-2011, 11:20 AM
Michele and I look forward to attending our first Southeastern Multi-Chapter rally with all of you in April. We purchased our 2011 BH 3670RL from Dick Gore's and can't say enough about Shirley, Manny and Etta's treatment of us or their outstanding service. We look forward to learning from more seasoned Heartland owners and making new friends.

George & Michele Lewis
Ft. Stewart, GA

george.lewisiii
12-10-2011, 02:23 PM
Michele and I have booked our stay and will be arriving in the afternoon on the 20th (just two hours drive north from our home on Ft. Stewart, GA). If available, we would like a site on the ICW, but understand early arrivers may beat us to them:D We look forward to meeting everyone and a fun weekend.

George & Michele Lewis
Ft. Stewart, GA

trdeal
12-10-2011, 04:10 PM
George and Michele, It is great to hear that you guys have decided to join us for our SC/NC rally. Renee and I are looking forward to meeting you. As you can see from reading the post in this thread we just like to have a good time. Great bunch of people! And if you need any extra sewer hose just ask Lance, (lduguay. He has plenty! We will see you soon.

SouthernNights
12-10-2011, 04:28 PM
Michele and I look forward to attending our first Southeastern Multi-Chapter rally with all of you in April. We purchased our 2011 BH 3670RL from Dick Gore's and can't say enough about Shirley, Manny and Etta's treatment of us or their outstanding service. We look forward to learning from more seasoned Heartland owners and making new friends.

George & Michele Lewis
Ft. Stewart, GA

Thanks for joining us and am glad that Dick Gore's RV took good care of you guys.

SouthernNights
12-10-2011, 04:29 PM
Larry, I DO understand that with the tremendous improvement of my FPPS (Fiver Posterior Positioning Skills), that you might feel the need to "level the playing field" for all you "experienced, tenured, multi year RVers" who come early to get the "pull throughs"......well, this rally will certainly test the "Old timers" as the only available sites are FPP sites!! My question is.......what do I do for bonus points??? Can't wait to see everyone!! Have a Merry Christmas!!!Lance

Just getting Kem to the rally safely will get you bonus points.. :D

mntnman
12-11-2011, 06:59 AM
George, Michelle,
Glad to see that you will be part of this rally. The sites on the water way are very nice hope that you can get one. We have the same floor plan and very happy with it.
Dale & Michelle

bradforx
12-14-2011, 01:42 PM
Brad and Lisa,
Michelle and I are planning on being at the resort for new years. We will have to look you up the next time we make it down. Stop by site 121 if you see are car or truck

Dale

We will be there until 12/31 on site 30, we will try to look you up.

mntnman
12-14-2011, 08:37 PM
Brad, Lisa,
We will look you up next time we are down. Just not sure when that will be it looks like are plans are changing do to the bank for a closing on our house is having trouble. If all works out the way we hope we will be Hilton Head 12/30.
Dale

SouthernNights
01-02-2012, 08:06 PM
Dale, Terry and myself hope everyone has had a good Christmas and New Years.

We are looking forward to seeing everyone this April in Hilton Head.

For those who are considering this rally and have not signed up yet, I would urge you to do this soon.

Hope to see you there!!!

trdeal
01-03-2012, 06:20 AM
The fact is April will be here before we can turn around so get your reservation now.

Lazydaze
01-03-2012, 10:49 AM
Eric, Hallie and Tater will be there. Just made the reservation. Looking forward to seeing all of our Heartland friends.

SouthernNights
01-03-2012, 01:21 PM
Eric, Hallie and Tater will be there. Just made the reservation. Looking forward to seeing all of our Heartland friends.

WooHoo...It wouldnt be a rally with LazyDaze!!! Duchess is very excited to see Tater again!!

trdeal
01-03-2012, 06:51 PM
Eric, Hallie and Tater will be there. Just made the reservation. Looking forward to seeing all of our Heartland friends. Hey guys!That is great news! We are glad to hear that you have reserved and are looking forward to seeing you and all our other Heartland buddies.

Phil Smith
01-03-2012, 07:24 PM
Phil & Becky are now "officially" registered. At this point, we are scheduled to arrive on Friday and leave on Sunday, but if we can get additional time, we will extend it. I wish it was as easy as putting in for a weeks vacation. Larry, Terry and Dale, let me know what we can do as you get things together.
Phil
Maybe Riley can play with Tater this time!

trdeal
01-03-2012, 07:32 PM
Phil & Becky are now "officially" registered. At this point, we are scheduled to arrive on Friday and leave on Sunday, but if we can get additional time, we will extend it. I wish it was as easy as putting in for a weeks vacation. Larry, Terry and Dale, let me know what we can do as you get things together.Phil
Maybe Riley can play with Tater this time! That is great to hear Phil. Looking forward to seeing you and Becky there. Thanks also for the offer to help. We will let you know.

mntnman
01-03-2012, 07:53 PM
It's great news. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

bradforx
01-03-2012, 10:57 PM
Hi Dale and Michelle, sorry we missed you at HHHRV, we have moved North (but not very far) for a while. We will see you at the rally.

cjhicks
01-07-2012, 02:50 PM
Larry, Just made resreservation's will arive on the 19th and staying until the 24th. Looking forward to seeing everyone and we will bring along some "Gifts" from the 1st White Elephant Game that Sam held at Willow Tree :rolleyes:

SouthernNights
01-07-2012, 04:00 PM
Larry, Just made reservation's will arrive on the 19th and staying until the 24th. Looking forward to seeing everyone and we will bring along some "Gifts" from the 1st White Elephant Game that Sam held at Willow Tree :rolleyes:
\

hey Calvin and Judy,
So glad y'all could come. Wish we had spent more time together at Charleston- definitely at this one though.

As far as the gifts, can you find the pink flamingos??? ;);)

cjhicks
01-07-2012, 07:25 PM
Sorry can't remember who had them last but I sure we can find some in one of the shops on the Island:rolleyes:
\

hey Calvin and Judy,
So glad y'all could come. Wish we had spent more time together at Charleston- definitely at this one though.

As far as the gifts, can you find the pink flamingos??? ;);)

mntnman
01-11-2012, 07:49 PM
Hi Brad and Lisa, sorry we missed you, we sold our home is Chapin and moved over the holidays. (I don't recommend moving over Christmas). Looking forward to meeting you at the rally in April.

phix
01-14-2012, 05:20 PM
I thought I had posted our plans to attend, but don't see our names on the list. So.....Ray and I have made reservations and will be attending our first rally ever! We have been to this resort before and loved it. Look forward to meeting y'all, you guys, you'ins, etc.

mntnman
01-15-2012, 07:50 PM
Looking forward to seeing you guys there. We just came home today from there, apparently they are having their annual Wahoo fishing tournament the same weekend as the rally. They say it's a lot of fun to watch all the fisherman come in and have their fish weighed plus they have a big cookout on that Sunday.

A couple had just come in from a boat tour and they said they had seen a lot of dolphins and even a couple of bald eagles.

Dale and I ate at Robert Irvin's new restaurant called Nosh, it was very good, reasonable and casual! We'll be happy to recommend some of our favorites.

GandDCapen
01-18-2012, 10:40 AM
Just made our reservations for the Hilton Head Rally!

SouthernNights
01-18-2012, 11:12 AM
Just made our reservations for the Hilton Head Rally!

Very good! Looking foward to seeing you guys again. Should be a little warmer this time.

Flying Dutchman
01-18-2012, 04:01 PM
Made our reservations yesterday, couldn't tell you then - lousy campground wi-fi:(.
Much better now in Coastal GA RV Resort. What a nice campground, really sorry we missed the rally here. On our way home now, we will wave going by Sumter.:p

SouthernNights
01-18-2012, 04:31 PM
Made our reservations yesterday, couldn't tell you then - lousy campground wi-fi:(.
Much better now in Coastal GA RV Resort. What a nice campground, really sorry we missed the rally here. On our way home now, we will wave going by Sumter.:p

Glad to hear that you finally made it to Brunswick. It is a great campground.

Cant wait to see you you guys in April.

trdeal
01-18-2012, 06:28 PM
Much better now in Coastal GA RV Resort. What a nice campground, really sorry we missed the rally here. On our way home now, we will wave going by Sumter.:p Hey Dorothy and Eric, Glad to here you guys are coming to HH. Looking forward to seeing you again.

trdeal
01-18-2012, 06:30 PM
Just made our reservations for the Hilton Head Rally! Hey Gary and Disn, Glad to hear that you are going to join us in HH. Looking forward to seeing you again.

mntnman
01-18-2012, 06:37 PM
Glad to see that that you will make it to HH.

Mike & Carol
01-19-2012, 06:36 PM
Carol and I are booked for Thursday thru Sunday......that will be our 1st of the season...can not wait!!!

SouthernNights
01-19-2012, 06:42 PM
Hi Mike and Carol,

Glad you could join us all the way from PA! Looking forward to meeting both of you. :cool:

Mike & Carol
01-19-2012, 07:18 PM
Thank you....both looking forward to it....plan to take it slow on way home via Charlestown and Myrtle beach.:rolleyes:

hillsonwheels
01-19-2012, 07:19 PM
Larry,

Finally got around to sorting out our travels for 2012. Decided to not head west. So, you get us for your SC/NC rally. :rolleyes: No site assignment, but we'll be arriving 19 April and departing 22 April. Be good to see how you have improved on my stuffed jalapeno recipe. :cool: What day and time will they be served? ;) See ya in Hilton Head!

Dick

trdeal
01-19-2012, 07:33 PM
Thank you....both looking forward to it....plan to take it slow on way home via Charlestown and Myrtle beach.:rolleyes: Mike and Carol, Glad you have decided to join us. We are looking forward to meeting you at HH.

trdeal
01-19-2012, 07:34 PM
Larry,

Finally got around to sorting out our travels for 2012. Decided to not head west. So, you get us for your SC/NC rally. :rolleyes: No site assignment, but we'll be arriving 19 April and departing 22 April. Be good to see how you have improved on my stuffed jalapeno recipe. :cool: What day and time will they be served? ;) See ya in Hilton Head!

Dick Dick and Reta, we are glad to hear that you have decided to meet us at HH. We should have a great time.

SouthernNights
01-19-2012, 07:46 PM
Larry,

Dick

Great, does this mean I don't have to make the Jalapeno Peppers??? :p

Sorry it didn't work out for you guys to do out west but i am happy y'all are coming to see us!!

mntnman
01-19-2012, 07:55 PM
Mike, Carol looking forward to meeting you in HH

Dick Rita looking forward to seeing you at HH.

hillsonwheels
01-19-2012, 08:04 PM
Don't remember ever spelling the word YOU with an I? Did the post not say how YOU have improved the recipe?

Dick

SouthernNights
01-19-2012, 08:11 PM
Don't remember ever spelling the word YOU with an I? Did the post not say how YOU have improved the recipe?

Dick

Al I really remember is that YOU are the master chef, I am just the student and everyone (ME) wants the master to do the peppers. :eek:

hillsonwheels
01-19-2012, 08:16 PM
How will I ever know how good yours are if I never get to taste some YOU prepared peppers :angel:. He asked!

Dick

jnbhobe
01-19-2012, 08:17 PM
Al I really remember is that YOU are the master chef, I am just the student and everyone (ME) wants the master to do the peppers. :eek:

It all sounds reasonable to me Larry !!

SouthernNights
01-19-2012, 08:18 PM
how will i ever know how good yours are if i never get to taste some you prepared peppers :angel:. He asked!

Dick
ugh!!!

hillsonwheels
01-19-2012, 08:24 PM
Whoda ever thunk that Jon, way up in Erie, woulda had to independently referee a jalapeno pepper cooking arm rassul way down in the south? I'm taking his input as gospel that Larry will be doing the peppers for the rally. Thanks to Jon!

Dick

jnbhobe
01-19-2012, 08:29 PM
Sure do wish we could be there. Have fun !!

SouthernNights
01-19-2012, 08:36 PM
It all sounds reasonable to me Larry !!

Thanks Jon, try to 'splain that to Dick.

MrsSouthernNights
01-19-2012, 08:56 PM
Jim and Harriet,
I thought y'all had already confirmed but glad that you are now.
As far as Sam' white elephant this might be a good time to 'splain the rules...
To Everyone attending-
First, Sam is my wife (Samantha) and she has this game called "white elephant."
Every one needs to bring a wrapped or bagged gift. PLEASE, do NOT go out buy anything. Pick something laying around your trailer or house. The more useless this item the better!!!! One gift per person. Each person will have a ticket with a number. When your ticket is drawn, you get to pick a gift from the "big pile" OR you can steal a gift that someone had previously picked. A gift can be "stolen" twice. If your gift is stolen, then you get to pick another from the "big pile".
The game goes on until all the gifts have been picked or stolen. What is really cool is watching how some useless item that you just wanted to get rid of becomes a prize possession to some else.
There might even be a gift or two that isn't so useless mixed up in the "big pile".
I have no idea why it is called a "White elephant" or why the gifts are in a "big pile". (Ok, Lance, no comments here please :eek:)
One little thing that happens for some unknown reason and can not be explained. Sometimes, overnight when it is very still and everyone has gone to sleep, some of these gifts end up under other people's trailers. Strange phenomenon I know-but it happens.:eek:

Thought I would post about the White Elephant Game! And give a brief history....
the game: Bring something you have either in your camper or home that is of absolute NO VALUE (yard sale quality!)!!! Wrap it in paper towels, toilet paper (for those that have abundance), paper bag, wal-mart bag, or wrap it pretty! Value is usually not more than $10.
All "gifts" will be put into the "big pile" and everyone will get a ticket with a number... as your number comes up - you either choose from the unwrapped "big pile" or steal from someone else (total of 2 steals is permitted - then it is YOURS!) Until all "gifts" are gone..... It's a lot of fun and I hope everyone enjoys this game....Now

to the history:

According to Wikipedia a white elephant is an item that is either useless, unwieldly, or expensive to maintain or otherwise not worth the expense of keeping. The term origionally derived from the sacred East Asian white elephant; a holy animal that could not be abandoned or mistreated. Since an elephant was and is quite expensive to keep, one which can be of no use to it's owner is quite a financial catastrophe! Often a noble or king who was displeased with a lesser noble in Thailand would gift them with a white elephant...a superficial symbol of status wealth and luck that would lead the lesser noble into bankruptcy and ruin.
So clearly a "white elephant" is something to be wary of, as it is intended to be useless, whether you are in a noble's position or at a Heartland Rally!
Now that the rules are here, please DO NOT go out and buy ANYTHING! find something you have that is the most useless item just hanging around and you could not even sell at a yard sale :rolleyes: and bring it! We will have fun!

Randy
01-19-2012, 10:38 PM
Samantha, Santha is thinking about a white elephant at our rally. We really enjoyed it at Willow Tree. You and Larry could
join us and handle the white elephant or I will have Santha call you. Randy, Santha and the Poodles

ncc1701e
01-20-2012, 04:06 AM

Dick

Dick,

A question about FL if you don't mind. When we leave this rally we're headed over to the AL rally at Gulf Shores. I'm thinking of stopping en-route for a couple days in Northern Florida. You happen to have any suggestions of places to consider or to stay away from. I was looking at going down to Jacksonville and east of I10 as far as a route. But that is not set in stone. I think Millie would like to visit Panama City. I haven't been there since stationed there in 1969 with UASF.

I've noticed several of your post for different events in 2012. You guys are going to be busy travelers it looks like. Hope to see you at a couple of the stops.

Tom & Millie

davebennington
01-20-2012, 06:57 AM
Tom,

We stayed at a nice campground on the way down to the RV show in Tampa, it was in Jasper, FL called Gateway RV park. It is just off I-75, the road into it was dirt but once you get there it is a really nice place. They are a Passport America campground. We met the owner while there, friendly and helpful.

d.

lduguay
01-20-2012, 10:29 AM
How will I ever know how good yours are if I never get to taste some YOU prepared peppers :angel:. He asked!

I don't know about all this "I" & "YOU" stuff......

BUT I'm thinking about ME, and the "YOU" & the "I", probably should BOTH make the peppers for ALL the rest of US!!

Just saaaaaayin!! :cool:

Dick, I did get to sample/steal a few of Larry's peppers and "I" sure did enjoy your protege's recipe at our New Years camp out......several times :rolleyes:

Lance

hillsonwheels
01-20-2012, 11:11 AM
Larry,

Could it be that there's a new YOU in the body of an admitted thief named Lance????? :eek: Maybe the penalty for theft is the new YOU gets to follow the "receipt" and do up some peppers for the rest of us to give the ole taste test! As he said....."I'm just saaaaying!" :rolleyes: We don't even need a quorum to decide this do we? :cool:

Dick

lduguay
01-20-2012, 11:31 AM
Larry,

Could it be that there's a new YOU in the body of an admitted thief named Lance????? :eek: Maybe the penalty for theft is the new YOU gets to follow the "receipt" and do up some peppers for the rest of us to give the ole taste test! As he said....."I'm just saaaaying!" :rolleyes: We don't even need a quorum to decide this do we? :cool:

Dick

Oh noooooooo!!!!, you don't want me cooking......I BURN water!!!!!:o

However, I am a qualified "Taste Tester" as my Boyish Figure demonstrates!!:rolleyes:

boatto5er
01-20-2012, 12:11 PM
I got lost with the YOU's, We's, I's, Them's, and Y'all's about four posts back!!!!:rolleyes:

SouthernNights
01-20-2012, 04:32 PM
I got lost with the YOU's, We's, I's, Them's, and Y'all's about four posts back!!!!:rolleyes:

Thank you Gus. I thought I was the only one getting lost and then I realized who really was in this conversation-Dick and Lance-nuff said. 17494

hillsonwheels
01-20-2012, 06:30 PM
And, as I recollect and it can be seen in the posts.................there was an I in those posts that is also known as.............TADA............LARRY!!!!!!!!!! I rest my case. :D

Dick

hillsonwheels
01-20-2012, 06:53 PM
Tom,

Didn't respond to your question about I-10 routing and campgrounds because I didn't want to get "hot peppers?" all over the post to you. I can't really say much about any particular CG because most of our trips have been on the east coast and south of Lady Lake. There are two in the Tallahassee area that I know about. We helped some Class A friends set up a rally at Big Oak and it is really a nice park from a visitor's viewpoint. The other, Tallahassee RV Park, is east of town close to where we lived while in Tallahassee. It has grown considerably since we left the area. In Trailer Life it looks like a good one. I do know that the guy who built it up also has an old car (and more) museum nearby that is worth the price of admission.

Have heard that there is a Yogi Bear CG near Madison that is ok.

If you have the time and wanted to drop off I-10 down to Hwy 98, I'm sure Carabelle, Panama City Beach, Navarre and Perdido Key would be worth looking into. If nothing else just to see the colors of the Gulf and the powdery white sand.

Wish I had more to add. 'Spect someone else will chime in with favorites in the I-10 corridor.

Dick

SouthernNights
01-20-2012, 07:29 PM
Samantha, Santha is thinking about a white elephant at our rally. We really enjoyed it at Willow Tree. You and Larry could
join us and handle the white elephant or I will have Santha call you. Randy, Santha and the Poodles

Randy, I will tell Sam but I think we will be up north during that time. If we arent, you can be sure we will be in Ga.

mntnman
01-21-2012, 03:55 PM
Larry, Sam & Terry, Renee, it was great that you to spend the day in HHI with us. It was good to work out some of the details for the rally. Just glad the weather was nice today 77 in January that is hard to beat.

SouthernNights
01-21-2012, 07:02 PM
Had a great day with Terry and Renee at Dale and Michelle's Lot at Hilton Head.
Here are a few shots of beautiful Hilton head Resort
175221752317524 17521
FYI: the attendance list located on post #1 has been updated and is accurate as of 1/21/12.

We are going to be limiting the attendees to this rally to 25 trailers. If you have not signed up for this rally but have plans on coming, please call Sarina soon and then post on this thread that you have made your reservations. This is a beautiful venue with lots to do (or not). Very easy to get to from I-95. Remember-YOU get to pick your site on arrival. The Resort will not be assigning sites over the phone. There are a few sites that back up to the ICW!!

I would also like to remind everyone attending that we will be helping the Bluffton Self Help organization with our donations. A donation list of needed items and their website can be found on post #1. This is not a perpetual help center but rather a one time help organization for people who have had a rough time during this economy. It would be great to show them that Heartlanders care.

These items will be picked up from your trailer during the day on Saturday. If you do not intend on being at trailer during the day, please leave them by your trailer steps with a note that says Bluffton on them. In case of bad weather, we will make other arrangements as needed.

Attached is the Itinerary that is also posted on post #1

See you there!!

trdeal
01-22-2012, 07:29 AM
Larry, Sam & Terry, Renee, it was great that you to spend the day in HHI with us. It was good to work out some of the details for the rally. Just glad the weather was nice today 77 in January that is hard to beat. Dale,Thanks to you and Michelle for taking time out of your day to meet us there and for all you guys have done in the planning of the activities for the rally.It was a great day and a great cg. Thanks also to Larry and Samanatha for allowing Renee and I to spend Friday night in their new LM in there back yard and for hauling us around on Saturday. We had a great time with some great people. We got back home around 9:30 last night. Thanks again.

SouthernNights
01-22-2012, 08:11 AM
One more thing:

On the itinerary we will be having a Heartland owner's Club sponsored breakfast of Pancakes and Sausage on Saturday morning.
We will also have a Master Egg Chef-aka Dale Heuer- cooking eggs to order!!!
So if you like eggs over easy, scrambled, fried or an omelet-Dale is the man to see!!!:D

There are some minor changes that will be made to the itinerary and as soon as I figure out how to post the revised PDF I will get it on here. The changes are just in time scheduling. Also listed on the new and improved Itinerary are the locations of each event.

Phil Smith
01-22-2012, 08:18 AM
EGG-CELLENT Dale!

One more thing:

On the itinerary we will be having a Heartland owner's Club sponsored breakfast of Pancakes and Sausage on Saturday morning.
We will also have a Master Egg Chef-aka Dale Heuer- cooking eggs to order!!!
So if you like eggs over easy, scrambled, fried or an omelet-Dale is the man to see!!!:D

There are some minor changes that will be made to the itinerary and as soon as I figure out how to post the revised PDF I will get it on here. The changes are just in time scheduling. Also listed on the new and improved Itinerary are the locations of each event.

brauch
01-23-2012, 12:30 PM
Reservations made today. Will arrive 4/18, staying until 4/23 (maybe longer??)
Ed may want to spend more time fishing !!!

SouthernNights
01-23-2012, 01:58 PM
Ed may want to spend more time fishing !!!

I bett once you get here you will want to stay for a month. Don't forget to tell Ed to make his reservations for fishing directly with Live Oac. ( I know that is not how you spell Oak-but that's the way they do. :D)

Happy y'all will be there. It just wouldn't be right with out Pokie and Nicky there.

brauch
01-23-2012, 02:29 PM
We will be there on the 18th.....just in time to score the back-ins !!!!

davebennington
01-23-2012, 05:30 PM
We have made our reservations should be there on the 20th. It is going to be a long summer.

dave & Julie

mntnman
01-23-2012, 05:43 PM
Ed, Barbara / Dave, Julie,
Glad to see that you will be joining us for the rally.

SouthernNights
01-23-2012, 05:57 PM
We have made our reservations should be there on the 20th. It is going to be a long summer.

dave & Julie

Ok Dave, when we were down there this weekend we asked about y'all cause I thought you had already made reservations but you weren't on the list. Glad y'all did!!!

See you there.

trdeal
01-23-2012, 08:19 PM
Ed may want to spend more time fishing !!! Ed and Barbara, that is great! It is a beautiful campground. I am sure Ed will enjoy the fishing.Looking forward to seeing you there.

trdeal
01-23-2012, 08:28 PM
We will be there on the 18th.....just in time to score the back-ins !!!! We will be arriving on the 19th.Hope you run out of score cards before we get there.

SouthernNights
01-23-2012, 08:42 PM
We will be arriving on the 19th.Hope you run out of score cards before we get there.

I cant wait till Lance gets here. 7' wide roads, tree limbs at 9' and every site has a 90 degree dog leg you have to back up through. Yup, cant wait for Lance.
Terry and Dale, aren't we lucky getting the only 50' wide pull thrus???

hey lance 17562

trdeal
01-23-2012, 09:14 PM

dave & Julie Good news Dave and Julie. Looking forward to seeing you again.

trdeal
01-23-2012, 09:22 PM
I cant wait till Lance gets here. 7' wide roads, tree limbs at 9' and every site has a 90 degree dog leg you have to back up through. Yup, cant wait for Lance.

hey lance 17562 You are right Larry. Being a chapter leader or a wagonmaster pays well.LOL! Do you think Lance would let us pick his sight out for him?

lduguay
01-23-2012, 11:20 PM

hey lance 17562

I do understand that our "fearless" NC & SC Chapter Leaders would need to avoid any possible embarrassing situations when it comes to a display of their individual skill and prowess with their backing-up talents.......and of course I deferr to them in the need for a WIDE and LOOOONG PULL THROUGH site being the humble servant that I am. And my detail offer still stands.......that power sander is ready to put a shine on that new LM of the SC Chapter King. :rolleyes:

Oh, I still have PLENTY of sewer hose too!! :D

SouthernNights
01-24-2012, 06:20 AM
Very funny. Actually Lance the place is very easy to get around in. There are mature trees with Spanish Moss (love that stuff) but everything is trimmed up. In fact most of the lots are manicured with waterfalls and gazebos etc. Kind of like a mini subdivision.

One of the sites has a vintage Airstream on it. I wish I had taken a picture but didn't think about it at the time.

trdeal
01-24-2012, 06:30 AM
Very funny. Actually Lance the place is very easy to get around in. There are mature trees with Spanish Moss (love that stuff) but everything is trimmed up. In fact most of the lots are manicured with waterfalls and gazebos etc. Kind of like a mini subdivision.

One of the sites has a vintage Airstream on it. I wish I had taken a picture but didn't think about it at the time. I took a picture of the Airstream Larry if you want it.

Randy
01-25-2012, 10:07 PM
Larry, Samantha, Terry and Renee, I know that you are getting close to the 25 rig limit. Santha and I are hoping we to make it.
Randy, Santha and the poodles

trdeal
01-26-2012, 01:32 AM
Larry, Samantha, Terry and Renee, I know that you are getting close to the 25 rig limit. Santha and I are hoping we to make it.
Randy, Santha and the poodles Randy, we hope you can make it also. Just go ahead and make the call. Hope to see you soon.

boatto5er
01-27-2012, 12:37 PM
Well, I hate to tell you Larry, but Debra and I are signed up, so you will have to put up with us again. We plan on arriving on Thursday, Apr 19, and depart on Monday, Apr 23. I still need to come up with something big and heavy to install in the rig though.

Flying Dutchman
01-27-2012, 03:39 PM
Wahoo!! Another pair of "rallyholic's" to share with! You know how misery loves company.:p

trdeal
01-27-2012, 03:52 PM
Well, I hate to tell you Larry, but Debra and I are signed up, so you will have to put up with us again. We plan on arriving on Thursday, Apr 19, and depart on Monday, Apr 23. I still need to come up with something big and heavy to install in the rig though. Looking forward to seeing you guys again it has been a while.Glad to hear you can join us.

boatto5er
01-27-2012, 04:11 PM
Wahoo!! Another pair of "rallyholic's" to share with! You know how misery loves company.:p

Misery? :rolleyes: - hardly!

Looking forward to seeing you guys again it has been a while.Glad to hear you can join us.

Terry, it has been awhile. Mt Airy if I recall correctly. Be good to see you and Renee again.

SouthernNights
01-27-2012, 05:59 PM
Well, I hate to tell you Larry, but Debra and I are signed up, so you will have to put up with us again. We plan on arriving on Thursday, Apr 19, and depart on Monday, Apr 23. I still need to come up with something big and heavy to install in the rig though.

So glad you guys are coming. It is my turn this time and you know what they say about payback...

Call me when my trailer is waxed. :D

SouthernNights
01-27-2012, 06:57 PM
Randy, Santha and the poodles

Randy-I promise if you come "No More Pictures"...:D

boatto5er
01-27-2012, 09:03 PM
So glad you guys are coming. It is my turn this time and you know what they say about payback...

Call me when my trailer is waxed. :D

Do you think there will still be phones when H..L freezes over?:p

SouthernNights
01-27-2012, 09:07 PM
Do you think there will still be phones when H..L freezes over?:p

I don't know, but your phone did work this afternoon.:p

mntnman
02-01-2012, 05:11 PM
Gus, Debra, looking forward to seeing you in HHI.

davebennington
02-02-2012, 07:36 PM
Larry & Terry

23 rigs signed up already it looks like you will hit the limit soon.

dave

SouthernNights
02-02-2012, 08:05 PM
Larry & Terry

dave

It is a beautiful area with a lot of old time SC coastal atmosphere. I hope everyone enjoys the area.

trdeal
02-02-2012, 09:03 PM
Larry & Terry

daveLike Larry said,it is a very beautiful area. We should have a great time.

davebennington
02-04-2012, 07:28 PM
We are really looking forward to seeing Hilton Head, neither of us have ever visited the area. dave

bryanb70
02-05-2012, 03:43 PM
is 25 the limit or will there more available. my wife and i would love to attend but not sure we can this far out.

SouthernNights
02-05-2012, 05:17 PM
Hi bryanb70. Yes we are limited to 25. We have 2 spots left as of right now. As soon as you know you can join us I would urge you to make reservations.

Hope to you see you there.

CampHOG
02-06-2012, 11:50 AM
Hello Larry & Samantha,

I just got off the phone with the campground... and Jim & I will be arriving on Thursday, April 19th. and leaving on Monday, the 23rd to head back home.
We are looking forward to the rally and starting off our summer with this fantastic trip.

Jim & Terry Ginn

SouthernNights
02-06-2012, 01:23 PM
Hello Larry & Samantha,

I just got off the phone with the campground... and Jim & I will be arriving on Thursday, April 19th. and leaving on Monday, the 23rd to head back home.
We are looking forward to the rally and starting off our summer with this fantastic trip.

Jim & Terry Ginn

Hi Jim and Terry,

Thank you for joining us,. This campground is a great way for you to start off your camping season.

One thing I have learned from going down there a few weeks ago, dolphins can be seen right from the dock looking over the sound.

See you there.

mntnman
02-06-2012, 04:20 PM
Welcome Jim and Terry!!

Okay guys just one spot left...it's going to be a good rally so don't be left out.

trdeal
02-06-2012, 06:01 PM
Hi Jim and Terry, It is great that you have decided to join us at HH. We should have a great time!

trdeal
02-06-2012, 06:05 PM
Ok everyone! Who is it going to be. Who is going to be the lucky couple to get the last spot?

SouthernNights
02-12-2012, 06:01 AM
Thank you everyone for signing up for the Hilton Head rally. I have spoken with the campground yesterday and it appears that we have a few people signed up that I was not aware of.
At this point we have reached 25 rigs and registration is closed.

If anyone would like to make reservations, we will be keeping a list in case there are any cancellations. Please PM myself, Dale Heuer (mntnman) or Terry Deal (trdeal) if you do have interest.

See everyone there!!!

SouthernNights
02-22-2012, 02:28 PM
We do have an opening in our rally. If anyone has interest in coming to Hilton Head, now would be a good time to make your reservations. :)

SouthernNights
02-27-2012, 07:56 PM
I would like to remind everyone who is attending the Hilton Head rally that we will be supporting the Bluffton Self Help organization.

This is a short term help for those needing a little help getting back on their feet.

Please read the first post for items that they need donated or you can go to this link (http://www.blufftonselfhelp.org/)to see how you can help.

Thank you for everyone's support.

phix
03-03-2012, 04:23 PM
Do we know what our special rate is if we fill all 25 spots?

SouthernNights
03-04-2012, 02:12 PM
Do we know what our special rate is if we fill all 25 spots?

I believe it will go to 15% discount.

mjf55
03-04-2012, 08:29 PM
Hi, just wondering if the blank slot on the first post for # 12 means there is an open spot. If so, my wife and I would like to join. It will be our first. Let me know... Thanks

cookie
03-04-2012, 09:23 PM
Mjf, welcome to the forum.
I see that there is one blank spot on the list of registered attendees. You may be in luck. A person sure can have a good time at a rally.
Stay tuned to this thread. Larry, SouthernNights, will be updating soon.

Peace
Dave

SouthernNights
03-05-2012, 05:15 AM
Hi, just wondering if the blank slot on the first post for # 12 means there is an open spot. If so, my wife and I would like to join. It will be our first. Let me know... Thanks
Hi Mjf, welcome to the forum. There is an opening at Hilton Head. If you would; call the Sarena at the cg and make your reservations and then circle back here and let us know that you did.Also be sure to tell them that you are with the HL group.

We look forward to meeting you.

For very one else who is coming, just another reminder that we will be supporting Bluffton Self Help. Don't forget to bring something!!!

jbeletti
03-05-2012, 08:09 AM
mjf,

Hope you are able to get into this rally. You guys will have a blast.

By the way, though not a requirement, please consider joining the Heartland Owners Club (//heartlandowners.org/club) prior to the rally - it will save you a few $.

Have fun!

Jim

gmckinney
03-05-2012, 09:35 AM
Please add Gary and Susan to the list if space is still available

Gary

SouthernNights
03-05-2012, 11:28 AM

Gary

Got your PM and have talked with you Gary. Looking forward to seeing you down there.

SouthernNights
03-05-2012, 01:01 PM

Gary

Please dont forget to circle back to this thread once you have made reservations and let us know that you are definitley comimng.

Also i called the cg today, Sarina is out until but Wed. but go ahead and make your reservations with someone else. Just remember to let them know you are with the Heartland group.

WooHoo...the more the merrier. The 25 limit has been lifted for anyone else thinking about joining us. !!!!

mntnman
03-05-2012, 06:31 PM
Welcome Gary and Susan, Dale and I look forward to meeting you both. We're with Larry the more the merrier!

trdeal
03-05-2012, 06:37 PM
Hey Gary and Susan! Just got the email that you guys are now Heartland Owners club members and I sent you a private message. Welcome to the club! Renee and I are looking forward to meeting you in Hilton Head.

SouthernNights
03-17-2012, 08:31 PM
We have had a great time at the GA rally. Hats off to Randy and Santha.

Lots of people making the rally circuit and we will see you here at Hilton Head. Have a safe trip to all the rallies.

trdeal
03-18-2012, 07:12 AM
We are just a little over a month away from the HH rally and we are looking forward to seeing everyone. Some new faces and some familiar ones as well. And don't forget the limit of 25 has now been increased. So if you were thinking about joining us, go ahead and make the call. It is a beautiful area. See you there.

SouthernNights
03-22-2012, 04:29 AM
Hi Everyone,

We have added a few things to the Itinerary. The new Itinerary can be found here and on post #1.

For those interested we will be having a short open discussion at 10:AM (Saturday) on pre-trip maintenance. This will include tires, wheel bearings, landing gears or anything else you would like to discuss.

Also, please don't forget to bring a small donation for Bluffton Self Help.

See you there.

mntnman
03-26-2012, 01:38 PM
What a wonderful day Dale and I had Saturday! We were in Hilton Head and decided to take one of the tours through Live Oac tours. It was amazing. We took the two hour tour around Pinckey Island, we saw several dolphin, loons (yes the same birds as in the On Golden Pond movie), pelicans and various other birds. But the highlight had to have been the two adult bald eagles and their two chicks! While we were watching one of the adults took flight!!

Our guide was very knowledgable about the local wildlife and other things associated with the area. If you get a chance during the rally to take the tour I highly recommend it. For more info here's their website www.liveoac.com

Looking forward to seeing everyone in a few short weeks. The RV resort looks beautiful with everything blooming. The center pool is already at 80 degrees so don't forget those bathing suits!

SouthernNights
03-26-2012, 04:26 PM
Glad you guys did the tour Michelle. I hope people take advantage of the boat tours. I have been on Port Royal sound many times and it is beautiful. Almost guaranteed to see Flipper.

Thanks for the review!!!

Randy
03-26-2012, 07:17 PM
Michelle, I agree that the area is full of wildlife. Santha and I used to keep a boat down south of Savannah and enjoyed the Dolphins, Eagles and even the gators.
We are still hoping we can arrange to make the Rally. Randy, Santha and the Poodles

trdeal
03-26-2012, 08:20 PM
Looking forward to seeing everyone in HH and all the sights. Getting excited.

phix
03-27-2012, 03:44 PM
First off, I want to thank you for the reminders about the charitable gift. It is easy to overlook things when planning an adventure. I have a bag of goodies ready and put in my special spot to take with us camping.

This is our first rally and I have a couple of questions. When participating in the Friday pot luck, is there any order to this or do we just take our chances and hope that everybody does not bring dessert? (Or maybe some hope that we all bring dessert.) And then the white elephant....this sounds like a lot of fun, but is there a dollar amount that we should limit ourselves to? Sorry to be so um....retentive.

mntnman
03-27-2012, 05:11 PM
You are going to love rallies they are a load of fun and the people are wonderful. We've always just told people to bring their favorite dish and it has always worked out. There's always an over abundance of great food. As far as the white elephant you don't want to spend over $10 and it's okay (and encouraged) to re-gift, or just bring something you don't want anymore. Don't come into the game thinking you will walk away with a great gift, but instead an evening of a lot of laughs.

Dale and I are looking forward to meeting you all. If you have ant other questions let us know.

SouthernNights
03-27-2012, 05:35 PM
I think Michelle covered everything well. Nothing to add.

I am excited this is your first rally. The friendships you make are priceless.

With that said, I think I need to warn you about 2 people though. These 2 will tell you I am the problem but that is just to divert your attention away from them. WATCH OUT FOR LANCE AND PHIL. THEY ARE TROUBLE MAKERS.
Lance will try and drop rocks and missiles on your trailer-Phil will always walk his dogs on your site.

If you have any problems with these two, please see Gus. He has been hired to "eliminate" the problems. Oh, and then there is Dick Hill.... and a few others...
Well, on second thought, just do the best you can.

See you there and thank you in advance for helping out Bluffton Self Help. I am involved with a similar ministry here in our hometown, what a great way to give back to the community.

Phil Smith
03-27-2012, 07:00 PM
Hi Phix,
We are so glad you will be joining us at the HHI rally. As everyone has mentioned, the one concern everyone has is that they will become adicted to the rallies. Yup! It happended to us! The previous entry from Southernights talked about Phil and Lance. Well, I think I can speak on behalf of Lance here and say you will certainly be safe as long as you are not camped next to Larry (Southernights). His better half is an absolute adorable person. Now as for Larry...Did you ever see Forest Gump? Nuff said. As for me, yep, I will likely walk my dogs over to you campsite to say hi. Guilty as charged! We all look forward to meeeting you and hope to add you to our list of repeat rally-a-holics! :angel: Phil

Randy
03-27-2012, 07:26 PM
Phix, They sound like a very rough bunch of people but you will be meeting people that you will like for a lifetime. This will not be your last heartland rally.
Do not listen to Phil. No one is safe when Lance is around. Randy, Santha and the Poodles

lduguay
03-27-2012, 07:31 PM
With that said, I think I need to warn you about 2 people though. These 2 will tell you I am the problem but that is just to divert your attention away from them. WATCH OUT FOR LANCE AND PHIL. THEY ARE TROUBLE MAKERS. Lance will try and drop rocks and missiles on your trailer-Phil will always walk his dogs on your site. If you have any problems with these two, please see Gus. He has been hired to "eliminate" the problems. Oh, and then there is Dick Hill.... and a few others... Well, on second thought, just do the best you can. .

Watch out for us!!??

See what happens when you give Larry some authority, with that authority, the totalitarian SC Chapter Dictator begins a campaigne of propoganda that will mislead all the new, INNOCENT, first timers.........the GOOD NEWS is that with technology, the REVOLUTION has BEGUN!!!!

BEWARE SC CHAPTER DICTATOR........a new REGIME Is COMING......and we have WMD's......and by the way word has it that Gus wants to punch the launch button first!!

PS. First timers see me if you have issues with folks walking dogs on you site.......we might have something for that too :rolleyes:

mjf55
03-27-2012, 07:45 PM
Well it seems like I wrote this before. Patty and I have made reservations to be there. At that time, all slots are full. But we went ahead anyway and would have been outsiders. Now it looks like a slot has opened so I would like to officially be part of the group. So, please put our name in. I will contact the campground and get our name moved into that open slot. What else so I need to do?
--Mark

trdeal
03-27-2012, 08:01 PM
Phix, don't worry, You are going to love the rally. You will even like Larry,Lance and Phil. I am sure that this will not be your last rally.We are looking forward to meeting you there.

SouthernNights
03-27-2012, 08:18 PM
Well it seems like I wrote this before. Patty and I have made reservations to be there. At that time, all slots are full. But we went ahead anyway and would have been outsiders. Now it looks like a slot has opened so I would like to officially be part of the group. So, please put our name in. I will contact the campground and get our name moved into that open slot. What else so I need to do?
--Mark

Hi Mark, just added you and Patty to the list. Glad you guys could join us. We are all looking forward to meeting you.

Just give Sarina a call tomorrow and let her know so you can get the discount!

There is nothing else to do! other than come and enjoy a good time and make friends for life. Please remember to bring something for the potluck on Friday and something for the Bluffton Self Help organization.

Also dont forget the white elephant. Bring something you no longer want, need or just want to get rid of.

trdeal
03-27-2012, 08:26 PM
Mark,Renee and I are glad that you and Patty can join us in Hilton Head and we are looking forward to meeting you there. We are going to have a great time.

SouthernNights
03-27-2012, 08:30 PM
Watch out for us!!??

See what happens when you give Larry some authority, with that authority, the totalitarian SC Chapter Dictator begins a campaigne of propoganda that will mislead all the new, INNOCENT, first timers.........the GOOD NEWS is that with technology, the REVOLUTION has BEGUN!!!!

BEWARE SC CHAPTER DICTATOR........a new REGIME Is COMING......and we have WMD's......and by the way word has it that Gus wants to punch the launch button first!!

PS. First timers see me if you have issues with folks walking dogs on you site.......we might have something for that too :rolleyes:

See what I mean about diversion??? Phil and Lance are masters at this shuffle game.!!!18423

mjf55
03-27-2012, 08:31 PM
Thanks Larry. Nice welcome. We are looking forward to the event and meeting everyone. As far as the white elephant, what size, shape, value ,to use as a guide?

SouthernNights
03-27-2012, 08:37 PM
Thanks Larry. Nice welcome. We are looking forward to the event and meeting everyone. As far as the white elephant, what size, shape, value ,to use as a guide?

Mark, sent you two PMs also.

White elephant-the more useless to you something is; the better. To give you an example, we have seen gifts from toilet paper to pink flamingos. Occasionally there are really good gifts like sewer hoses (new and used), Teflon discs, wine, and whistles. Please do not go out and spend more than $10.00 if you purchase something. Put the gift in a bag or wrap it in a paper towel.

The origin of the White Elephant dates back many years, A white elephant was thought to be worthless in the India culture. It was given from a king to a noble man to "break' him. The elephant needed to be cared for but produced no work because of it's color. Therefore: a useless gift.

mntnman
03-27-2012, 08:48 PM
Mark and Patty, Dale and I look forward to meeting you. As far as the white elephant if you buy something don't spend more than $10. You can re-gift something or if you have something lying around you just want to get rid of that would work as well. In the past we've had all shapes and sizes of items. This is pretty much a game to see what grown adults will fight over :o

boatto5er
03-27-2012, 09:09 PM
"and by the way word has it that Gus wants to punch the launch button first!!"

How did little ole, innocent me get involved in this???? :angel:

SouthernNights
03-28-2012, 04:36 AM

"and by the way word has it that Gus wants to punch the launch button first!!"

How did little ole, innocent me get involved in this???? :angel:

Post 155 HEHE. That is how YOU got involved.:p

boatto5er
03-28-2012, 07:32 AM
Post 155 HEHE. That is how YOU got involved.:p

Ackkk! Voluntarily shot in the foot!

troybilt71
03-29-2012, 07:28 PM
Hey guys, the Phillips family is going to get to join the fun. We will be arriving on the 19th. Looking forward to seeing everyone, and letting everyone meet Colston our newest addition.

boatto5er
03-29-2012, 07:31 PM
Cool - haven't seen you guys since Mt. Airy!

SouthernNights
03-29-2012, 07:33 PM
Hey guys, the Phillips family is going to get to join the fun. We will be arriving on the 19th. Looking forward to seeing everyone, and letting everyone meet Colston our newest addition.

Just added you guys to the list. Glad you could make and take your mind off the house repairs.

See y'all there!!!

mntnman
03-30-2012, 05:11 AM
Looking forward to seeing you again. You will enjoy the area. The pools are warm enough for Bryson to go swimming.

trdeal
03-30-2012, 05:21 AM
Troy it really is a great area. Glad that you guys could join us.We may be conveying down with Lance and Kem if you guys want to join us. We will talk about it soon.

boatto5er
03-30-2012, 06:52 AM
Troy it really is a great area. Glad that you guys could join us.We may be conveying down with Lance and Kem if you guys want to join us. We will talk about it soon.

Just make sure the "Shields are up" (ala Star Trek) if you are convoying with Lance!

lduguay
03-30-2012, 10:36 AM
Just make sure the "Shields are up" (ala Star Trek) if you are convoying with Lance!

Hey now......if anyone is in our convoy, they are PROTECTED!!!

Jim & Harriet
03-30-2012, 06:47 PM
Hi All,
Well I have to tell everyone that we will not be able to attend the HH ralley next month. Jim has been
having increasing discomfort in his right hand and arm and will be having carpal tunnel surgery. Because
it is very difficult to get a "date" with the surgeon there is a good chance it could be scheduled the same
week as the rally. We really will miss seeing you all and hope we can get together at another Heartland
event.

SouthernNights
03-30-2012, 08:09 PM
Hi All,
Well I have to tell everyone that we will not be able to attend the HH ralley next month. Jim has been
having increasing discomfort in his right hand and arm and will be having carpal tunnel surgery. Because
it is very difficult to get a "date" with the surgeon there is a good chance it could be scheduled the same
week as the rally. We really will miss seeing you all and hope we can get together at another Heartland
event.

Jim and Harriet,

You guys will definitely be missed but your health is more important than any rally.

Hope you get a surgery date soon. Let us know how it turns out please.

troybilt71
03-30-2012, 08:50 PM
Sorry Jim and Harriet hope you get healed up. Terry I am not sure you would want to travel with us. When the boy says he has to go potty we have to stoppy quite quickly. We will hopefully be on the road around 9ish. I sure hope it is the warm enough for a dip in the pool. I am ready to do some swimming. So looking forward to some camping.

mntnman
03-30-2012, 10:43 PM
Jim & Harriet, sorry that you will not make, like Larry said you need to take care of your health first. Troy the pool is warm and ready for you to swim. You will have your choice of 2 pools to choose from.

SouthernNights
03-31-2012, 06:04 AM
We are now less than 3 weeks away form the SC/NC Hilton Head Rally. This is a a beautiful resort with lots to do.

I am getting excited about getting together with friends and making new ones.

If anyone one is traveling down 95 or 26/95 to get here, there are several people traveling together. I f you would like to join us, please post here.
Tentative schedule is a few of us are going down on Wednesday and then a bigger party on Thursday.

There is a rest area just below Exit 53 on 95 that is a good meeting point for those coming in from the north.

If you would like to convoy with someone, post here and maybe hook up with someone along the way.

Once you get off 95 at exit 8, it is a straight shot to Hilton Head. The resort will be on your left as soon as you get onto to the island.

Very easy driving. Just watch for the resort sign on your left when getting onto the island.

If you want specific landmarks, Dale can give you a few to look for. They make this trip quite often. Dale and Michelle and own a lot in Hilton Head Harbor . Weather permitting, most of the activities (like breakfast) will be at their site.

trdeal
03-31-2012, 07:05 AM
Jim and Harriet, sorry to hear that you guys can't make the rally. Believe me I know something about the pain Jim is experiencing. Hope the surgery and recovery goes well.

Troy, our travel plans are still up in the air. Not sure if we will leave Wednesday afternoon or Thursday morning. If we leave Thursday morning it will probably be around 4:00 a.m. and then hook up with Lance and Kem along the way.We probably won't know when we are leaving until the week of the rally. As Larry said if anyone would like to convoy with us to the rally just post it here and we will make arrangements to meet you.From Taylorsville,we will be traveling locally down I-40 east a few miles to I-77 south to Columbia,SC. As Gus said in an eariler post since we are going to travel with Lance beter have your deflector shields up,(as Captain Kirk from Star Treck would say). LOL. Getting excited and looking forward to it.

mntnman
03-31-2012, 08:46 AM
Like Larry said its very easy to get to the R.V. Resort if you have any questions please get with us. Looking forward to the rally

troybilt71
03-31-2012, 08:48 PM
Terry dont forget you can run 16 to 485 to 77 and skip some of the rougher parts of 40 and 77. I dont know if that would work for you or not. Just a thought, since the new part of 16 is open. Even mapquest says to go 16. lol

ncc1701e
03-31-2012, 10:05 PM
Jim and Harriet, sorry to hear that you guys can't make the rally. Believe me I know something about the pain Jim is experiencing. Hope the surgery and recovery goes well.

Troy, our travel plans are still up in the air. Not sure if we will leave Wednesday afternoon or Thursday morning. If we leave Thursday morning it will probably be around 4:00 a.m. and then hook up with Lance and Kem along the way.We probably won't know when we are leaving until the week of the rally. As Larry said if anyone would like to convoy with us to the rally just post it here and we will make arrangements to meet you.From Taylorsville,we will be traveling locally down I-40 east a few miles to I-77 south to Columbia,SC. As Gus said in an eariler post since we are going to travel with Lance beter have your deflector shields up,(as Captain Kirk from Star Treck would say). LOL. Getting excited and looking forward to it.

We are planning on spending a couple nights in Waynesville, NC at Creekside RV and head on down to Hilton Head on Wednesday 18th. Looks to be about 330 from Waynesville down I40 - I26 - 195. We are hoping to be in Hilton Head by 4PM on Wednesday.

Tom & Millie

SouthernNights
04-01-2012, 05:10 AM
We are planning on spending a couple nights in Waynesville, NC at Creekside RV and head on down to Hilton Head on Wednesday 18th. Looks to be about 330 from Waynesville down I40 - I26 - 195. We are hoping to be in Hilton Head by 4PM on Wednesday.

Tom & Millie

Tom, that might fit right into our plans. Eric and Dorothy, and us were planning to be in Hilton Head about the same time. Maybe we could meet up with y'all at the rest area.

SouthernNights
04-01-2012, 05:58 AM

Lance's shields; OOPS!

trdeal
04-01-2012, 01:17 PM
Terry dont forget you can run 16 to 485 to 77 and skip some of the rougher parts of 40 and 77. I dont know if that would work for you or not. Just a thought, since the new part of 16 is open. Even mapquest says to go 16. lol Thanks Troy! That would be easy enough for us to do and would be about the same distance to Charlotte. We will keep that in mind. I-77 between Statesville and Charlotte is very rough especially in the right hand lane.

lduguay
04-02-2012, 09:51 AM
Lance's shields; OOPS!

Not a problem......we just beam out!!:cool:

boatto5er
04-03-2012, 02:36 PM
We're beaming down on Wed afternoon, Apr 18th and spending the evening at the KOA in Wade, NC (Just outside the Fayetteville/Ft Bragg area). Be arriving at Hilton Head around noon-1:00pm Thursday. See y'all there!

SouthernNights
04-03-2012, 03:10 PM
We're beaming down on Wed afternoon, Apr 18th and spending the evening at the KOA in Wade, NC (Just outside the Fayetteville/Ft Bragg area). Be arriving at Hilton Head around noon-1:00pm Thursday. See y'all there!

Cool Scotty. Maybe you can catch up with Spock and Kirk and McCoy when they hit 95. Sounds like their timing is on line with yours.

BTW. stayed at that KOA. Very nice-two very clean pools for relaxing!!!

Y'know, just a thought. A star trek theme would be pretty cool for a rally. I am not really a trekky but Tom is (ncc1701e) is. He could help to make sure it was done right.

ncc1701e
04-03-2012, 06:57 PM
Cool Scotty. Maybe you can catch up with Spock and Kirk and McCoy when they hit 95. Sounds like their timing is on line with yours.

BTW. stayed at that KOA. Very nice-two very clean pools for relaxing!!!

Y'know, just a thought. A star trek theme would be pretty cool for a rally. I am not really a trekky but Tom is (ncc1701e) is. He could help to make sure it was done right.

Looks like I'd better brush up on my Klingon................... Qapla!

mntnman
04-05-2012, 04:35 AM
We will have a campfire so if you have firewood please bring some.

Randy
04-05-2012, 08:07 PM
Larry, Terry and Dale, Santha and I were sure hoping to make the rally but this warm weather this early in the year has put me in catchup mode.
We are sure that you will have fun but it would fun for us if we could attend. Randy, Santha and the Poodles

SouthernNights
04-06-2012, 03:52 AM
Larry, Terry and Dale, Santha and I were sure hoping to make the rally but this warm weather this early in the year has put me in catchup mode.
We are sure that you will have fun but it would fun for us if we could attend. Randy, Santha and the Poodles

Sorry to hear that but paying bills is very important too. Maybe we will catch up with each other soon.

mntnman
04-06-2012, 06:03 AM
Randy sorry that you will not make the rally.

trdeal
04-06-2012, 06:03 AM
Randy and Santha and the poodles, sorry to hear that you can't make the rally, but as Larry said, you got to pay those bills. Looking forward to seeing you in October if not before.

SouthernNights
04-06-2012, 12:43 PM
We will have a campfire so if you have firewood please bring some.

We now have our requirements met for the firewood. Thank you everyone.

THE MANAGEMENT

SouthernNights
04-07-2012, 11:30 AM
Hi everyone,

In 2 weeks we will all be sitting by Port Royal Sound in Hilton Harbor RV Resort.

Lets hope the weather cooperates with us. If this week is any indication it will be absolutely gorgeous. I will start checking the weather in a few days which should put us in reach of the 10 day forecast.

Dale stopped by Dick Gore's RV today. They are looking forward to being at our rally. At this point they have totally sold out of Heartland products. WOW. Because of this there might not be any on display but Shirley will be there to help answer any questions about the new products.

Just a reminder, POTLUCK for Friday. Just bring whatever you enjoy eating. There is no menu or things you must bring other than your drink for yourselves, flatware and plates. It always seems we have a good mix of main courses and desserts with out a signup sheet. Hopefully this potluck will be no different.

I would like about six volunteers for dessert on Saturday night. Dick Gore's RV is supplying dinner but would like to have a few sweets for after dinner. If you can do this, please post here or PM me.

The pool is open!!!! If you enjoy swimming with a view-this is the place to do it. :cool:

Don't forget to look into a dolphin tour or charter fishing. There are not a lot of activities planned for this rally Considering the area we are in, there are more than enough things to enjoy-unless of course you want to do nothing but relax. In that case, we have that planned for the whole weekend. :D

ohmz42
04-08-2012, 07:52 PM
We have become new Heartland Owners in March of this year. We are Laura and Gene Jeffers from North Augusta, SC. We have made reservations at Hilton Head, SC April 20th through the 22nd. Could someone contact us in regards on how we could take part in the rally. Looking forward to making new friends and going back to one of our favorite camping spots.

cookie
04-08-2012, 08:05 PM
Ohmz42, I moved your post to the rally thread.
SoutherNights will contact you.
As long as you have reservations at the CG you should be good to go.

Peace
Dave

jnbhobe
04-08-2012, 08:15 PM
Ohmz42, I moved your post to the rally thread.
SoutherNights will contact you.
As long as you have reservations at the CG you should be good to go.

Peace
Dave

See them moderators have all the power. lol

mntnman
04-08-2012, 08:52 PM
Laura & Gene, Glad to see that you will be joining us for the rally looking forward to meeting you. Just plan on having a good time with some good people. Dale & Michelle

SouthernNights
04-09-2012, 04:58 AM
We have become new Heartland Owners in March of this year. We are Laura and Gene Jeffers from North Augusta, SC. We have made reservations at Hilton Head, SC April 20th through the 22nd. Could someone contact us in regards on how we could take part in the rally. Looking forward to making new friends and going back to one of our favorite camping spots.

Hi Laura and Gene;

Congratulations on becoming Heartland Owners and welcome to the forum. We look forward to meeting you.

I see this is one of your favorite cgs, then you know how pretty it is there. Dale and and Michelle (wagon masters) own a lot there so you may run into them from time to time if you camp there a lot.

If you have not done it yet , I would urge you to join the Heartland Owner's Club. There are many benefits to joining. If you are a member there is no charge to come to any chapter rally. We can talk more about it at the rally. Considering your location you can hit the Georgia and N/C rallies pretty easily also.

See you there!!!!!

SouthernNights
04-09-2012, 04:59 AM
See them moderators have all the power. lol

Unlimited power!!!! coupled with a daily portion of gruel. What a life!!!!!;)

Thanks for moving this post Dave.

SouthernNights
04-09-2012, 05:06 AM
Thank you for everyone who volunteered to bring dessert for Saturday. We now have plenty of dessert.

There is never a shortage of good food!!! at a rally.

Now if we could get Dick to make those peppers .....

mntnman
04-09-2012, 07:20 AM
Dick, I will help you make the peppers its been awhile since I have had them. This way I can leaqrn the tricks that you use to make them.