Black Water Tank - HELP

kaxel

:eek: We are currently camping and our black water tank will not open. Apparrantly something has happened, when we pull the level the valve/gate will not open. It is a holiday weekend and we have no way to get service. Does anyone have any suggestions? It is getting ugly.... with two adults and two kids with a full black tank!

SmokeyBare

Kaxel,

It was pointed out to me when the underside of our 3400-RL was open...

That one of the problems of the cable that attached to the holding tank valves is when the crimped end comes un-attached from the handle that is pulled.

On my unit... it was suggested if this happens... to make two cuts... on either side of the area where the three holding tank handles are located.

Then fold back the black under-belly to see inside where the back of the valve handles are... that way you should be able to attempt to reattach the cable to this handle... IF... that was what happened.

I also noted the cable it self is attached to the valve with what looked like a set screw... probably an allen wrench kind.

Hope this is of some help... you can search the forum about sealing the cuts with a tape of some kind... sliver duct tape will soon enough come off but is a good temporary fix.

Marv

Uncle Rog

Kaxel, smokey is right, opn up the belly and follow the cable, don't cut any more than you have too. Don't worry about the liner it can be re-sealed as good as new. Git'er done and have a nice weekend......

kaxel

Thanks a bunch SmokeyBare and UncleRog,

I was in hopes that someone out there would see my post and respond. And I had a feeling that maybe someone else had this problem at some point!

We are going to get under there and do what you suggest, and I will post back what happens.

Thanks again and happy camping!

Kay and Bill Axel

jbeletti

Kay,

Are you in Elkhart/Goshen? Try to call either RS or RV Capitol. Numbers are in the forum here somewhere. They may have someone on duty today.

Jim

kaxel

Well, we took everything apart and found nothing missing or broken. We now ae wondering if the lights are all screwed up. WE have used the sanitary flush and mostly water came out and put chemical in the tank - so are we will see what developes here in the next few hours. Thank again everyone.

jpmorgan37

Bill;
When your Black water tank reaches full, the toilet will "burp" when flushed because there is no air left in the tank going out of the vent. That is the signal that I use to dump my Black tank. After I dump, then I usually flush for about 10 minutes or until nothing but clear water comes out.
John

SmokeyBare

On the bright side..... look at all the knowledge you now have....

You now know what happens when you pull those handles....

Most important...

You didn't get your face covered with Hmmmmmm

As you learned !!

Uncle Rog

Good job kaxel, I was curious how you filled the tank so fast! The only time I ever really max'd out a tank was when I was trainig dogs in the Sierra's. I left my TT parked for eight weeks, visiting on weekends only...and being pretty conservative.....