Chipped Floor in shower

Mark

My shower stall floor came with a nice dime sized chip in it. What would you recommend I use to seal it against the moisture??

Mark

nhunter

I would get a competent fiberglass guy to repair it. Your dealer should know one and when it is done properly you will never be able to see it. We got a guy to do the ones in our house when the drywaller dropped his drill 3 times and you could never find them.

Forrest Fetherolf

Mark,

There are companies that are mobile specializing in tub and shower repair. You can buy do-it-yourself kits, but the finish product usually is quite noticeable.

The factory may allow you to have the damage repaired by a mobile professional nearby and you send them the bill. This certainly would eliminate towing your RV for repairs.

Forrest

nhunter

The guy that fixed mine was very mobile. His tool kit consists of different baby food jars with different colored "pastes" for the gel coat, and high powered buffer and a few other smelly bottles. He even polished the entire enclosure after. He even commented on how many "do it yourself" jobs he fixes.

bking

While in Elkhart at RV Capital in May getting some warranty work completed, they had someone come by their service center and patch the dime sized hole in our shower floor. Did a great job. Unless you know where to look you cannot see the repair.