Vent fan

ddlindy

We are new to the Big Horn and love it. Question - The vent fan in the ceiling near the door has a manual and automatic position on the knob for opening and closing, plus an off/on switch. We had never used it, but recently the vent opened and the fan started on it's own. It look like it might rain, so I pull the knob to manual and turned off the fan and closed the vent. During the night I heard the motor start up, the vent did not open, nor did the fan come on. I switched to auto and vent opened and the fan came on. I used manual to stop it and close vent again. I did not get instructions on how this vent/fan works. Since it is high up on the ceiling, I can barely reach it by standing on the stairs to the bathroom. I guess I better get small a ladder. Is there a switch some where else for this fan? Not very convenient like this. Can someone tell me how to used this vent/fan?

jimtoo

Hi ddlindy,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge.

If you have fan in off position and thermostat in off position, it must be wired wrong someplace. Maybe someone else will have a better idea.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

branson4020

Icantre Member
Besides the controls on the fan itself, there is a wall thermostat to control it. You don't normally need to mess with the controls on the fan itself.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Your fan thermostat should look like the small one towards the top of the photo. The larger one is a modification several of us have made from the older OEM analog one for the A/C and furnace. Slide the lever all the way to the left and it should shut off the fan and close the cover, if it's wired correctly.

View attachment 18332

ddlindy

OK, I was thinking the control was somewhere else. Next time out in the unit I'll look at that control. I saw it but did realize it for that fan. Thanks