Exterior Trim Around the Bulkhead Area

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
There is trim on the outside that pops into the trim rail that seems to be there for nothing more than covering the screws. Twice now I've had to pull over and put this back in place. It gets cold and shrinks, I'll stretch it and put it back but its a PITA, especially when I have to pull over and do it. I'm thinking about taking it off. Do any of you know a quick fix for this?

IMG_0977.JPGIMG_0978.jpg

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Rex, Heartland might send you some but I think it's just as easy and less hassle to just go to any RV dealer or Camping World and buy some replacement trim. It's cheap, very easy to install. Just don't stretch it quite as tight. This is especially true in a curved area.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Thanks Ray. Nothing like looking out the side view and see that flapping in the wind. I'll look into that.

olcoon

Rex,
I had the same problem this winter while in the RGV. Looked out the mirror & saw about 10' of it flapping in the breeze. Stopped put it back on & when we got to the next campground took some calk & "glued" it back in. So far haven't had any more problems.