Hidden options?

ihsolutions

Re: Hidden option list

Thank you for sharing! It is in fact not all the items. I know there is an axle/brake/hub upgrade (which I ordered) that is not on your list. Would have been nice to order the max vent covers, but no big deal I can always add them later.

jbeletti

I've never seen such a list. I am pretty sure this is a list that Bill's dealership uses. Other dealerships likely have their own lists for the sales teams on what they can add or delete from units. Some of it from the factory, some of it dealer added (DIO - Dealer Installed Option).

Jim

Wharton

I think you may be right on each dealership has their own list. The one I saw had additional items on it: upgrade water pump was one that I remember..................

ChopperBill

This list is not from my dealer it is from another dealer that sent it. Like I said it looks like some that were added by them. But my dealer had some of the same options on his "hidden list" I am sure Heartland doesn't offer Carefree but sure wish they would. Going to miss ours on the 3055.

Wharton

You can add the extra coax line for satellite to the hidden list. We thought our dealer would need to do this and another wire my husband wanted installed. he put it on the list for the factory and Heartland did it. The only thing is Heartland forgot our dinette booth that was ordered. We now have a 1-2 week delay in getting our trailer as we need to wait for the booth. Did not want the trailer without the booth. Big pest to drag the trailer back 60+ miles to have it installed.

The rear hitch is in the brochure so it is not a hidden option.

ChopperBill

You can add the extra coax line for satellite to the hidden list. We thought our dealer would need to do this and another wire my husband wanted installed. he put it on the list for the factory and Heartland did it. The only thing is Heartland forgot our dinette booth that was ordered. We now have a 1-2 week delay in getting our trailer as we need to wait for the booth. Did not want the trailer without the booth. Big pest to drag the trailer back 60+ miles to have it installed.

The rear hitch is in the brochure so it is not a hidden option.
Searched high and low for the trailer hitch option. Cant find in the "10" or "11" brochure. Find a Tail-Air Hitch for an option but that is not a trailer hitch. Of course my ole eyes aint what they use to be.

Wharton

I guess I was mistaken but there was a big discussion and Jim announced the 1.25" hitch would be available. I remember I was uptight about it being only a 1.25" when bike racks are 2"(normally) and this was before we ordered. Someone suggested a adapter but that reduces the capacity by 50%. We are having our dealer put on a 2" rear hitch, capacity around 300#.

When is your 3610 due in? Ours has been delayed, Heartland forgot to install the booth dinette we ordered..................

Maybe we should start a wiki for hidden options. That way we will all have a complete list.....................Don't know how to do that though............

ChopperBill

They told us 8 weeks a week ago. Hope there is no delay as we park it up in WY for the summer and its been a looooong winter. Not sure there will be a "complete" list as the dealers add their own stuff to it and sometimes its hard to figure out whats factory and whats dealer.

jbeletti

...Maybe we should start a wiki for hidden options. That way we will all have a complete list.....................Don't know how to do that though............

Great thought, but not really a wiki candidate and here's why:

• The goal of the wiki is to be fact-based
  • There is no real "hidden-option" list
  • There are some items that we will/can do upon request, based on various dependencies
    - The actual request
    - Our capability to obtain materials
    - Our build schedule at the time and if it allows us to do something non-standard
  • As many items dealers will have on their own options lists are DIO (dealer installed options) or options only a dealer can compel the factory to do (based on their buying power) - there is no way to maintain such a list
Wharton - again, great idea, just not possible to create one.

Jim

taken

Why the hidden options?????

So, I got my answer as to why, but I thought I would post to help other buyers. When ordering our 30C there were two options I would have ordered from the factory if I knew I could. They are listed as special non standard options and aren't on the order sheet. First is the load range G Goodyear tires and 110 PSI rims. Second is the Reese 5th Airborne pinbox. Both are things I would have ordered if I knew they were available. Anther thought is they are both sold as an IPO option (In Place Of the standard) which means they are much cheaper to order from the get go than if you want to add them later. Now, there is a third option that is brand new. It is Lippert's Level Up self leveling system. Also a hidden option. This wasn't available when I ordered a couple of months ago but is now and might make for a nice addition to your rig if factory ordering....

Last edited:

sJv

Re: Hidden Options.

Can you elaborate as to why these are hidden options? Or maybe AJ can step in?

-steve

donr827

Very good question. When I ordered my trailer I was able to add three options that were important to me that were not listed on the option list on the web site or literature that was provided to me.
Don

MTPockets

Same happened to me. I finally got what I wanted by being really inquisitive... Bottom line, it probably has everything to do with business and marketing. Certain models have certain amenities and the manufacturerers (all of them) would rather see you move up to other models to get more of the goodies....

taken

The gist of it I got from Mike Alpin was that it was what people would want on any given model. He told me he can only recall 4-5 upgrades to the Goodyear rubber in the last 4 years and never on a dual axle, only on a triple. My contention is that more than 4 people would have ordered if they knew the option was available. I never got an answer as to why no the 5th Airborne or the Level Up. I just wanted to put the info out there so people wouldn't miss out like I did.

Wharton

When we bought our BH there was a list floating around on the forum with known hidden options. I know we ordered the Goodyear tires and I believe many others did also. There were a lot of tire problems, which seem to have died down, at that time and it seemed to me the Goodyears were being ordered. If only 1 person a year wanted Goodyears they would not be offered.

taken

That was another point Mike made. With all the axle, brake, and suspension improvements in the last few years, the need for upgraded tires is a thing of the past. He said, with the way things are set up now, I have no worries about my tires. Will see....

Wharton

We have used Goodyear 614 and their predecessor for 15 years or so. Never had a tire failure except for a nail in a tire. For us, that says something. To spend an additional $500-$700 for tires on a $50K item is well worth it for peace-of-mind. We also immediately added the Mor/Ryde suspension, again, we had used it for 10 years and never had a problem. When we bought our BH there were Lippert springs that kept going flat, again, an easy decision for peace-of-mind.

I would also recommend a TPMS system. We are able to check our tire pressures each day with no hassle. Before we bought the TPMS maybe we would check the tires once a week.