Broken Black water tank valve

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
While camping last week, I dumped the blackwater tank, but the valve handle seems to have come loose from the valve itself. The handle goes in very easily and does nothing to stop the flow. I told the rest of the family not to use the tank for anything but liquids, and I think this was done, but now I need to find out about this repair.

Anyone had a similar experience? The trailer is under warranty, so it shouldn't be a problem with a dealer to repair.

C

Chulinw

Most likely the cable came lose from the valve and needs be put back in then the nut turn tight to secure the cable. I think it has a hex screw.

osims

bsims
I have my grey water valve doing the same thing now, I have already fixed the other two. There is a post in Bighorn plumbing explaining how I repaired mine and how others haved repaired theres. I am about 100 miles from Houston ,where my dealer is ,so I have made most repairs myself.

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
jayc

I had the same problem in Florida and found a workaround until I had it repaired at the Rally. When the cable is no longer tight in the handle, you can use a wrench where the valve comes through the panel and unscrew the fitting (about 1 inch long). This will allow you to pull enough of the cable through the hole and hold it while you move the valve handle in and out. You may have to cut some of the underneath matting to get at the nut that fastens this fitting, but mine unscrewed completely from the outside.

This should tide you over until you get it back to your dealer for servicing.

Chuck

osims

bsims
Jay I could not find the post mentioned above ,if you want to PM me I will explain how I fixed mine. I will get the wife to type it out( I dont do to well with the keyboard). I have been told when I type it sounds like a chicken eating out of a hubcap.

billd

Well I have had the fun of two cables comming loose in the fitting that is held in the frame, one black, one grey, the other grey does not close all the way.

It is being worked on, two cables so far, no word on the third one.

Bill

ChopperBill

Get one of these do dads and carry it in case of an emergency while on the road. Will keep every thing where it belongs until you can take the bottom off an fix it.