Interior Wall Border Decal Removal

Ann_Mayer

I removed the border decals from my interior walls. A few came off cleanly, but most left behind a sticky adhesive residue. I tried removing the residue with Goo Gone. It worked on some places but not on others. Does anyone have any other suggestions. Thanks much, Ann

davidg

Ann you can try Downy Fabric Softner ( in a small area) see what this does for you, heard of it but have never tried it.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Sometimes, using a piece of tape against the residue and then pulling it off will remove it. Might take a couple of tries to get it, dabbing at it with the tape.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I removed the border decals from my interior walls. A few came off cleanly, but most left behind a sticky adhesive residue. I tried removing the residue with Goo Gone. It worked on some places but not on others. Does anyone have any other suggestions. Thanks much, Ann

Did Dan survive?? LOL....

Ann_Mayer

LOL Yes, he survived. Now, I just need to get the glue residue off. Looked for Desolve It but haven't found a Walmart or hardware store that carries it. Will keep trying.

AnnR

Sometimes Pam (the non-stick cooking spray) will remove adhesive. Just spray it on, let it sit a few minutes and wipe off the sticky stuff with a cloth - don't try paper towels - it will make a mess of little shreds. Then clean the oily residue and little rolled up sticky bits off with a mild soapy solution (like Dawn in some warm water). I have used Pam to remove price tags from picture frames and sunglasses, and also for the last bit of sticky stuff when I removed a wallpaper border in my bathroom. Just please be careful! I don't want to be the reason you had to spend the weekend re-wallpapering your RV! The wallpaper I used it on was bathroom wallpaper - more of a vinyl/wipe clean stuff. I think RV wallpaper is a little more papery. Try it in a hidden corner first (or inside the closet) to make sure it doesn't discolor your walls. Good luck!

Ann_Mayer

Interior Wall Decal Removal

I've tried Goo Gone and De-Solv-It but it barely has an impact on the residue. Once the wall dries, it returns to being tacky and sticky.
Any other suggestions? Thanks much.

Ann

Last edited by a moderator:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Interior Wall Decal Removal

Have you tried good ol soap and water? Heavy on the dish detergent.
Mary had some sticky mess one time and I tried every solvent I had on hand. No luck.
Turns out she cleaned it up with Dawn.
Go figure.

Peace
Dave