Year2: Build Quality is starting to worry me

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
If you are capable of fixing something then do it yourself. That way you know it got fixed right.

I've read this phrase several times here in the chats recently . . . but this is not always true.

Just because I or we fix something ourselves doesn't mean it is fixed . . . let alone fixed right.

Unfortunately, I wasn't born with a wrench in my hands.

Not all of us are expert mechanics or carpenters!

We all have our own thing that we were born to do or at least are good at, but that doesn't make us all a jack of all trades!

ksucats

I'm one of those people cartoons are drawn - I'll try to fix it and then either I, or the wife, will call in an expert. End up paying twice - for what I got to do the job, and then what the other bought (and charged) to not only fix the problem but, in some case, undo the additional problems I created. Now, that is not always the case and when I do get it right I feel great. But man oh man, when I don't the wallet hurt is so much worse.

All that said, I admire all of you that are able to make the repairs, and those that can make (and share) the modifications to your coach. All I can say is Keep it up - I've seen many things that even I, with my five thumbs, can accomplish.

kowAlski631

I've read this phrase several times here in the chats recently . . . but this is not always true.

Just because I or we fix something ourselves doesn't mean it is fixed . . . let alone fixed right.

Unfortunately, I wasn't born with a wrench in my hands.

Not all of us are expert mechanics or carpenters!

We all have our own thing that we were born to do or at least are good at, but that doesn't make us all a jack of all trades!

That's true, John, but even I (Martha responding here) can use a screwdriver and pair of pliers to do the minor repairs I think people are talking about. Total disclosure, Paul can make many repairs himself, but we do call mobile services more often than not these days when it involves crawling around under the rig or going on the roof. Guess my point is tackle what you're comfortable with, but know your limitations.

justafordguy

It's easy for us that can fix things ourself to forget that some can't. We have to remember that some don't have any experience fixing things. But I do feel that inexperienced people should know that if they don't ever try, they will never learn. Most things on an RV are very simple and can be fixed with simple hand tools. Just take your time and ask for help if you run into something you don't understand. There are many of us here that are more than willing to answer questions.