Broken Ceiling Fan

Dmaxcc6spd

While fluffing sheets for the "air" sofa, my DW hit the fan, while it was running, and snapped off a blade. It broke the metal arm that connects the motor to the fan blade. Now, I cannot find a replacement. I spent 2 hours online last night searching for fan arms that have the same hole spacing. I found nothing. I contacted Heartland and they will only sell me a new fan - over $100! Hopefully someone has had some luck finding a replacement. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I would check out one of the big box building centers. Such as Home Depot.
They have replacement parts

Peace
Dave

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Dmaxcc6spd

Checked Lowes yesterday and HomeDepot online - notheing there either. Some of the websites I checked had 6 or 8 different configurations and none of them matched. Must be some sort of special Chinese American part.

danemayer

It broke the metal arm that connects the motor to the fan blade. Now, I cannot find a replacement. I contacted Heartland and they will only sell me a new fan - over $100!

Suggest you call Heartland back and ask for the contact information so you can talk to the company that makes the fan. Or look for a label on the fan assembly that identifies the manufacturer and search for them on the internet. The fan manufacturer is more likely to stock replacement parts.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Dan"s right. Had a similar thing happen, called HL customer service, they put me in touch with the fan company and they sent me replacement blades free. Of charge.

Dmaxcc6spd

Dan"s right. Had a similar thing happen, called HL customer service, they put me in touch with the fan company and they sent me replacement blades free. Of charge.

Do you still have that contact information?

I just called Heartland again and they said no dice. They import from China, of course. Unless I speak chinese I'm likely out of luck and the shipping costs would be outrageous. Heartland suggested buying a small fan from Lowes. They did have some around $50. Might have to go that route.

rick_debbie_gallant

If we get a new, larger fan, ours may be available. Will keep you posted. Have you thought about a larger fan to replace your busted one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
This is what we did...put in a ceiling hugging, 52" residential, five blade fan from Lowes...really moves some air!

dalspot

We also replaced ours with a 5-blade fan on a downrod. Only 42" I think but what a difference! I'll have to get a pic tomorrow. Just make sure whatever you install will not be in the way of the slides.

Karen

GOTTOYS

It could be worse..I've heard of other things hitting the fan..If you choose to replace it which is what I would do, be sure the new one doesn't hang down too low so it will clear the slides when you bring them in..Don