Gotta Love Goodyear

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
With all the problems folks have been posting about their trailer tires, I thought I'd put in a good word for Goodyear and how they're taking care of my truck tire problems. In August, I bought 7 new GY Wrangler SA Pro-Series for my GMC. The tire store balanced them, but there were problems. They redid them, but only have the Coats spin balancing equipment. While at our rig, up north, I had the tires checked by a GMC dealer on a Hunter balancing system and was told that five of the tires had high road force values, which could not be overcome with weights. Returned to the tire store with that info and they again tried to rebalance the tires on their machine. I watched as they did it and they managed to "zero" them. But returning north, the ride was again terrible. So I sent an e-mail to Goodyear and they responded within 48 hours to return to the dealer with a claim number they provided. I did that today, and Goodyear agreed to replace the six tires that were already on the road (not the spare), so the store ordered them and we'll try again Friday when they come in. My only wish is that the tire store had the Hunter system.

But no hassles, no "it's the fault of the truck/wheel/phase of the moon" excuses, and no dragging of feet.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Sounds good.
Are you replacing them with the same tire? I'm not a Goodyear fan but my OEM Wrangler AT/S have been great.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Sounds good.
Are you replacing them with the same tire? I'm not a Goodyear fan but my OEM Wrangler AT/S have been great.

Yes, the same tire. I like the all-weather tread design and depth, along with the 50K mile rating. The General Grabbers it came with wore out in under 35K miles and actually have no mileage rating. I've normally had good luck with GY tires on our vehicles.