Tire Pressure Monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I have had both the Pressure Pro and the TST 510.
I never had a problem with the Pressure Pro, but have had plenty of problems with the TST over the past year that I have had it.
I will say that customer service from TST has been great. They took care of everything.
Looking beyond the problems, I still prefer the TST for the information available on the monitor. Scrolling pressure and temps along with a backlit display.
There are other brands available as well.

Peace
Dave

happykraut

I did extensive research on the forums and ended up with the TST 507. Had several problems with it at the beginning, but the factory was unbelievably great to work with. The even sent me a repeater free of cost, which solved all my problems. I would definitely get one where you can replace your own batteries. I love my 507's.

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
TST is what saved us!!! The built in feature told us heat was increasing in right rear due to a bearing failure. Jacked up axes and wheel & tire fell off.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
DW told me to get what I wanted for the fifth wheel and told me she didn't mean a new one, so TST 507's it is

TXTiger

I have looked at several brands online, saw one at the rally in Gillette, but purchased the TST 507 based on the reviews on this forum. It turned out that it was well worth the cost. The monitor alarm went off when I had a TowMax tire loosing pressure due to separation and I was able to pull over before the tire exploded saving me and my rig from any damage.

Vtxkid

Tst 507 has also saved us coming back from Fla on the interstate... I have all 10 wheels (dually and rv) being monitored and its great!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

cordystoy

I've used the pressure pro for a year and it's worked fine for me. The sensors are a little big, and one got a little loose once, but now I double check them at fill-ups. It's beeped once when I filled the tires up cold but they warmed up at a lower altitude.

Garypowell

I ordered a 507tpms8 system on December 3, 2012 over the phone using a credit card for $518.00. Received confirmation of the order that day and a UPS tracking number.

The item did not arrive on December 5th as scheduled but decided to give it a few more days due to the holidays. On December 6th I received an email from UPS that the company (Truck System Technologies) had cancelled my order.

I wrote an email to Truck Systems Technologies on December 6th cancelling my order with them. They had already cancelled my order but it seemed the right thing to do just to be clear. On that same day I ordered from one of their competitors who came in a close second in my determination of the best system to purchase.

I waited to hear from them but did not get a phone call or return email. On Wednesday (December 12th) I discovered that they had charged my credit card and there was no refund pending.

I called the company on December 12 and spoke with "Jeff" who identified himself and the VP of the company. I explained the circumstance and he said he would get into it and call me back by 10 AM the following day. At 11:30 there was still no call so I called the company again.

I was put right through to Jeff who said he had figured out it was all UPS's fault and that he would speak to the owner and see if he would authorize the refund. He added that he would call me back with the results that day..this was Thursday December 13th.

I have contacted the credit card company to dispute the charge and have now started a complaint with the BBB.

I have appreciated that TST always answers the phone but when a shipment is cancelled by the supplier they should immediately issue a refund. I realize that many have commented that it is a good system and I'll have to agree as I decided to purchase one....but I can't work with a company that cannot deliver as promised and then won't refund.

Attachments

• TST Paperwork.pdf
    371.8 KB · Views: 67
Last edited by a moderator:

Sandpirate69

garypowell,
Sorry to here how tst has handled your order. I, like most folks here have had great results. Infact i just sent in the receiver because the screen was having problems. They put one in the mail so that i make my trip. It may have been a mixup but they should have credited you immediately.
Good luck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

u243412

yep - story just doesn't add up... sounds like there is chunk of info missing. I doubt TST would cancel your order cuz there is too many clouds in the sky. I'm not saying you know what happened - but I would suggest that this is certainly not the Norm.

For what it's worth - we have the TST507's - very very happy with them.

Garypowell

Frankly don't understand either! That's why I posted it.....along with the paperwork. I initially thought they had trouble with my credit card and it bothered me they did not call to tell me. Then I checked on line and they HAD charged my card and this is when I started asking for a refund.

After being promised a refund for two days on the third day I turned them into the credit card company.

porthole

Retired
Somebody has to be able to tell you why it was canceled.
As to TPMS, my personal feelings are that the 507 is currently the best choice.

TST

I ordered a 507tpms8 system on December 3, 2012 over the phone using a credit card for $518.00. Received confirmation of the order that day and a UPS tracking number.

The item did not arrive on December 5th as scheduled but decided to give it a few more days due to the holidays. On December 6th I received an email from UPS that the company (Truck System Technologies) had cancelled my order.

I wrote an email to Truck Systems Technologies on December 6th cancelling my order with them. They had already cancelled my order but it seemed the right thing to do just to be clear. On that same day I ordered from one of their competitors who came in a close second in my determination of the best system to purchase.

I waited to hear from them but did not get a phone call or return email. On Wednesday (December 12th) I discovered that they had charged my credit card and there was no refund pending.

I called the company on December 12 and spoke with "Jeff" who identified himself and the VP of the company. I explained the circumstance and he said he would get into it and call me back by 10 AM the following day. At 11:30 there was still no call so I called the company again.

I was put right through to Jeff who said he had figured out it was all UPS's fault and that he would speak to the owner and see if he would authorize the refund. He added that he would call me back with the results that day..this was Thursday December 13th.

I have contacted the credit card company to dispute the charge and have now started a complaint with the BBB.

I have appreciated that TST always answers the phone but when a shipment is cancelled by the supplier they should immediately issue a refund. I realize that many have commented that it is a good system and I'll have to agree as I decided to purchase one....but I can't work with a company that cannot deliver as promised and then won't refund.

Hello all,

Let me start by saying that we take customer service, as well as, product performance very seriously.

This customers order was mishandled, and we do take full responsibility for this. We are not infallible, and we do make the occasional mistake.

This customer sent us an email asking that his order be canceled, and additionally, that he not be contacted regarding the matter.

When he did call, and references a "Jeff", we have no one on staff under that name. We have Mike Benson, Elizabeth Byard, and Abby Crump. No Jeff...

We offered to upgrade his warranty to a three year warranty which he refused, and his money has been refunded.

We realize that we cannot satisfy everyone, however, we do strive to do such and to that end we are generally very successful.

While we apologize to this client for this error, we have many Heartland owners who are satisfied with both our product and our service. We take these matters extremely seriously, and we can only learn and better ourselves through these events.

I invite any client to contact me directly at (770) 889-9102 or you may email me at dcovington@tsttruck.com with any issues or concerns.

Again, we do apologize and have attempted to make this situation right. I am one of the owners of TST and I am the CEO.

Thank you all for your patronage and support. I am always available to assist. I too am an RV enthusiast and enjoy the memories and lifestyle RVing affords my family and I.

Please travel in safety.

Sincerely,

Daniel Covington
President / CEO
Truck System Technologies, Inc
(770) 889-9102
www.tsttruck.com
dcovington@tsttruck.com

jimtoo

Hi Daniel,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. Thanks for coming onboard and joining our family.

There are always 2 sides to every story.

Thanks for your explanation.

Jim M

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
This thread is closed as it has gotten off topic.
The OP's question has been answered.
As well as a reply to someone else's problem.

Peace
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.