Removing the decals on a new trailer

patrick1945

We are going to be ordered a new trailer and when I asked if I could have the mfg. not put on the decals the conversation got dicey. So I am thinking about taking most of them off as soon as I get the rig.

Where we stay the sun destroys the decals in time so I thought that it would make more sense to remove those that I don't want when it is new.

Any experience with this?

Netem

Use a heat gun to warm them up and peel off. Probably not going to be good for resale value if you take them off. Maybe you should try keeping 303 on them.

Landmark50

A hair dryer works very well then use lighter fluid to clean the remaining glue off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cavo

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Natem,

what is 303? is that some type of wax or protectant for the decals?

Use a heat gun to warm them up and peel off. Probably not going to be good for resale value if you take them off. Maybe you should try keeping 303 on them.

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Use 303 on decals and tires.. Great stuff!
I keep my trailer under covered storage although the front of the trailer faces west and gets a lot of sun on it in addition to when we are on the road, 3 years and the decal looks like new! It is especially good on tires! (I use it on the sides and caps also)

pegmikef

Don't park it under Mesquite trees when there is sap present. It will eat the decal 303 or no 303.

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Don't park it under Mesquite trees when there is sap present. It will eat the decal 303 or no 303.

Didn't know that, thanks. I hate mequite trees, the only thing they are good for is producing mesquite coals for BBQing!

TXBobcat

Fulltime
then use lighter fluid to clean the remaining glue offcavo

I respectfully disaree with this. lighter fluid is a petrolum product, so is gasoline and such. This will ruin the Gelcoat.

I took some of the labels that was on my trailer two different ways.
The label about the turn radius came off with a razor blade then to get the sticky off I used peanut butter. I know... but it worked for me.

In the long run I took a number of stickers off with a razor blade and then I used the Bartenders friend and cleaned the trailer because I was on my way to refinishing the trailer. My Heartland Graphics are coming off and my trailer is a 2008. I will some day remove the graphics and probably have the entire trailer painted.

If I were you I would not worry about the graphics for a number of years.

BC

MTPockets

I removed one decal when new and it peeled off fairly easy..... My guess is if you don't wait too lng for them to set up, they will come right off - but, for the overall looks and if you're worried about the sun, get the paint option.

Birchwood

If you live in hot sun for long periods go with full body paint.We have struggled with the gold decals on our Landmark
and had them replaced twice.We live in Florida for 6 months and the sun takes a toll on the vinyl.In Florida even the vehicles
look dull with sun damage.My face also has sun damage and treating it with anti cancer creams.Its the price you pay for
fun in the sun and if you don't like the sun damage move to New Brunswick Canada where we are from.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
We are going to be ordered a new trailer and when I asked if I could have the mfg. not put on the decals the conversation got dicey.

You don't really say which rig you are buying.

Have you tried calling HL directly and speaking with the brand manager?

It doesn't seem like it would be out of the question to leave them off. I've heard of people doing it with SOB's.

Seems like that would be alot easier than taking them off later. Trace

StevieWonder

WD-40 works well to remove the adhesive. It will not harm the gelcoat as long as you remove it completely with soap/water when you are finished.