ATF: North Trail - Door closer is loosening

The screws for the door shock absorber on my north trail are working loose. Doesn't take much wind to continually work the door when open. It is held at 90 degerees due to the awning. Will a 90 degree holder be strong enough to resolve? or possibly a stronger shock absorber?

danemayer

Hi donherring,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people.

I don't know if the factory will see this, but I'm sure you'll get some advice from other owners.

pegmikef

I replaced the screws with the next size up as the original ones had slightly enlarged the holes. I think they were not tightened correctly to start with. The ones on the bedroom door that hadn't had much use just needed tightening. This after about three months. I haven't had a problem since and you know how the wind is here in Texas.

OBX-GL

I had this problem as well. I camp always in extreme wind as i'm into wind sports. I felt the design with what the screws had to tap into would lead to this problem reoccurring. My solution was to drill right through the door, caulk, and insert bolts right through with largish washers preventing the heads from pulling through the other side.