New Tires on Cyclone 4000 Elite 2013-1/2

Hi All,

The tires on here is Towmax and looking to get another brand and model. I was wondering about going to a 235-85 versus a 235-80 that's on there. Would a slightly larger tire work?

Its a brand new Elite and don't want to wipe out my rig with a blowout.

Any thoughts on Michelin's ltx ms2 1896 ?

Thanks,

Tim

TXBobcat

Fulltime
2 axle or 3
15" or 16"

I have had good luck with Michelin XPS Ribs 16". Not sure you will want them on a 3 axle. They are LT tires not ST.

I don't have a toy hauler. A 2008 BH 3400RE and I changed to 17.5" rims and G114 which are ST tires, smaller in size to the XPS, but carries more weight...

BC

denverkas

Tim,
I just purchased a 2014 CY4000 Elite. Are you saying that the Towmax brand that come on this camper are no good? I just got my camper a week ago. As of yet, I don't know much about the tires that are on it, or tires to replace them with. Have the Towmax been a bad brand?

KiwiRVer

I changed from 235/80/16s to 235/85/16s today. Made no real difference to clearances. I changed from Towmax to Firestone Transforce HT LT tires.

Vtxkid

Tim,
I just purchased a 2014 CY4000 Elite. Are you saying that the Towmax brand that come on this camper are no good? I just got my camper a week ago. As of yet, I don't know much about the tires that are on it, or tires to replace them with. Have the Towmax been a bad brand?

Need to do a search on "towmax". Plenty of information on here to answer your questions...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

TireHobby

Hi All,

The tires on here is Towmax and looking to get another brand and model. I was wondering about going to a 235-85 versus a 235-80 that's on there. Would a slightly larger tire work?

Its a brand new Elite and don't want to wipe out my rig with a blowout.

Any thoughts on Michelin's ltx ms2 1896 ?

Thanks,

Tim

In my research I've come to the conclusion that the triple axel fifth wheel toy hauler presents its owners with severe weight distribution problems. At RV shows, Rallies or other events where you can have your trailer weighed as you check-in I've seen triple axel rigs check-in with a single axle as much as 1000 overweight. The other two would be underweight. The overweight axle isn almost always in the fore or aft position.

For those reasons alone I'd recommend going up in load capacity vice going lower.

TH