3912 Question

mr8118

I have a 2008 Ford F350, 6.4 Powerstroke, SRW, Long Box. Will this pull the 3912 without problems? I have only pulled trailers in the past, with no problem on the Ford.

mr8118

It is a five speed automatic with a 3.73 ratio. I am within spec on the weight, therefor legal, but I am just concerned with drivability.

Loco

I can tell you many folks will tell you can pull the 3912 with your truck and you can. But you will not like the way it going to handle. We have the 3795 which has a lower dry weight then the 3912. When we put a full load on it. That is two harleys, water, supplies. clothing, everything for a week of camping. These rigs get heavy very heavy. We pull with a 2006 PS 6.0, F-350 Tow Boss ,four door long bed and it is working hard to start the rig from a stop. Does it pull it good? Yes you do not know it is back there really. In the mountains roads I thank my stars we have the Daully. The trailer want to push the truck around a little in the mountain road turns. But the daully does handle it well. I drove a Tractor trailer for many years back in the late 70s and early 80s and have been driving fire trucks for 28 years now.I know how to drive big rigs and would not want to pull one of these with SR pickup. These rigs are big and heavy and when the traffic gets hairy you better have the towing rig to handle it!!! Maybe this will help you get a idea of the weight. Our whole rig (Truck trailer,4 adults,two bikes, water,etc) is over 25000 lbs pushing 26000

mr8118

I understand, but I have the SRW already and we are dirt riders, much less weight than your Harleys even with four of us (only 200lb per bike). I hope that this truck handles good with it, because the trailer has the best combination of features as compared to the others that we have looked at (Jayco, Thor, etc.). And the owners of Heartland seem to participate in the process.
I thought about getting the 450, but I use this truck for my business delivering product with a standard trailer, and driving around town. I did not think that I could maneuver as well with the dually. I am sure that your experience with trucking helps you get around.

By the way, loved your pictures of the rally events, and using the ramp as a patio is a great idea!

Loco

I think you will find that your F-350 will pull it fine. You may end up putting Air bag on it to help handle the pin weight. I am going to put them on ours. I hope it goes well for you We love our Rig. It has given me no troubles now that I have redone the short falls we had at first. Over all it is the best looking Toyhauler out there. We put our rig in some really tight places and we love it. Again we wish you well with the 3912