Clean and seal to keep roof warranty?

Miltp920

I was told that I need to maintain proof that I sealed and cleaned my rubber roof at least twice a year. So if I had a problem, the warranty would not apply if I could not produce the receipts. Can anyone validate this ? I understand how this would save the warranty -factory much money. I am not convinced that my brand new 2014 cyclone 3100 needs the roof sealed before winter. I store outside in Michigan, no cover.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Seal it with what? A dealer applied product that only seals your cash in their till?

danemayer

The Heartland warranty is in your trailer manual along with a maintenance schedule.

There are several warranty considerations:

1. Roof material defects is warranted by Dicor. Material defects are pretty uncommon and you can visit the Dicor website to confirm whether they require proof of maintenance. I don't think they do.
  2. Roof installation defects are warranted by Heartland. As far as I know, there's no maintenance that affects the roof installation warranty.
  3. Roof leaks can occur in areas where caulking provides a seal. The maintenance schedule says that you need to inspect periodically (every 90 days I think) and correct any problems. As I understand it, there's no warranty coverage on caulking problems after 90 days. If you have a leak due to poor caulking maintenance, and a dealer did the work, you MIGHT be able to hold the dealer accountable. If you did the work and missed something, it's on you.
  4. Landmarks have a 2/5 warranty where structural integrity is warranted for 5 years but proof of annual dealer inspection is required to support a claim against the 5 year structural warranty. If the 2/5 warranty now applies to Cyclones, you should have that somewhere in your information packet.

181bobkat

We have a Heartland MPG 181 and have an indent on the roof where water pools. My husband has to crank the camper down in the front to let the water pour off the roof. Heartland said there is nothing structurly wrong. They have not seen the camper. The only way we noticed it is we have a two story house and i was on the upper deck i told him we had green mold and a puddle of the roof. To this day Heartalnd said it is not a big deal. My camping place said it is an issue. Now we have to take it to another dealer for a second opinion. The indent is near the AC unit and the AC Unit is leaning toward the dent. It is only 6 months new and we really love the camper. I understand that they do not make this smaller camper anymore and it does not seam like they know much about the construction.