PDA

View Full Version : EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: LA, Anacoco - 12/5/2014 to 12/7/2014

jassson007
06-23-2014, 10:31 PM
120 Bald Eagle Rd, Anacoco, LA 71403

Venue:
------------------------------

South Toledo Bend State Park
120 Bald Eagle Rd
Anacoco, LA 71403
337-286-9075 (tel:337-286-9075)
http://www.crt.state.la.us/louisiana-state-parks/parks/south-toledo-bend-state-park/index
Pets ok?: Yes
Pet Fee: $0
WiFi available: Yes
WiFi Fee: $0

Details:

From: 12/5/2014 (tel:12/5/2014) to: 12/7/2014 (tel:12/7/2014)
Number of sites held:
Site fee: $$20 per night.
Club Member Event fee:
Non-Club Member fee: $20
Potluck: Yes
Potluck date: 12/6/2014 (tel:12/6/2014)
Potluck time: 5 pm

Event Leader: jassson007(click to contact) (//heartlandowners.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=1625)

Additional Info:
Let's get together for the inaugural Louisiana Chapter Rally before we end the year. We will keep this one simple as it is our first one. How about Friday night we have a S'mores Social time to get to know each other since it may be a little cool for ice cream...lol. Saturday just enjoy the day and hike the trails or do some fishing and then a potluck and BYOB (bring your own beef) or whatever you would like to have grilled and a side dish to share.

Please go ahead and make your reservation directly with park as soon as you decide that you would like to attend as the park is not able to hold any sites for us. We are in site 18 to be central and provide the most space. As soon as you make your reservation please let me know your site number.

Attendee List
1. Andy & Joanna Grimes 2414 site 18
2. Tom & Marti Mangum 1195 site ??
3. Nancy Anderson & Dave Seabolt site 20
4. David & Susan G 1238 site 22
5. Don & Robin Pearson 2758 site 21
6. Bill & Ornell Sims 1041 site 24
7. Paul & Nan ?? 1052 site 26
8. Frank & Debbie Baker 1328 site 23

osims
06-24-2014, 08:38 AM
We don't know our schedule that far in advance but we are planning to come to this rally, as we get a little closer to time we will make reservations. We camp at this park regularly .

jassson007
06-24-2014, 08:49 AM
Bill we met at Sandy Creek right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

osims
06-24-2014, 03:41 PM
Yep!

jassson007
06-24-2014, 03:44 PM
Ok thought so. Cool. Just let me know when you get your reservations made.

TomMar
06-24-2014, 06:44 PM
Andy - put Marti and me down to show up. My schedule has been crazy but I am pretty sure it will clear up by then. We'll call the park;):)

jo9463
06-24-2014, 06:45 PM
FYI - although it shows sites 20 and 23 as a pull thru, the picture is wrong. The only pull thru sites are 6, 15, 16, and 18. We made a mistake one time and reserved 23. No way we were getting our 40' trailer in that hole.

jassson007
06-24-2014, 07:42 PM
Cool thanks Tom. It will be good to see you. Let me know what site you choose.

jassson007
09-02-2014, 12:45 PM
Just added Nancy and her better half to this inaugural La rally. Still plenty of sites for those if you not headed south to join us in the piney woods for a little winter camping. Lol

nander
09-03-2014, 11:28 AM
Just added Nancy and her better half to this inaugural La rally. Still plenty of sites for those if you not headed south to join us in the piney woods for a little winter camping. Lol

FYI, when I made the reservation I tried to get site 16. They said 16 and below could only be reserved for 15 days or longer.

They put us in site 20, which is supposed to be 53' long.

See you soon!

jassson007
09-03-2014, 02:28 PM
Yes ma'am. Looking forward to it. Thanks for the info too. Louisiana has gone back and forth with reservation providers and finally stuck with one.

osims
10-22-2014, 10:48 AM
We are planning to attend this rally, we are waiting for Ornell's December schedule to come out. The schedules usually come out about second week of the month.

jassson007
10-22-2014, 11:44 AM
Not a problem Bill. Just let me know when you make your reservation so I can put you down with a site number. There are still plenty of sites left.

jayc
10-23-2014, 12:37 PM
Bill and Ornell may be coming to a rally? WOO HOO!!

OnTheLoose
10-31-2014, 03:13 PM
Hi Andy,
We just reserved site 21 arriving on the 4th and departing on the 7th. Is there any chance of Jay and Stella being there? I'd sure like to hear him blow that horn again.
Don and Robin Pearson - Minnesota

jassson007
10-31-2014, 03:48 PM
Hi Andy,
We just reserved site 21 arriving on the 4th and departing on the 7th. Is there any chance of Jay and Stella being there? I'd sure like to hear him blow that horn again.
Don and Robin Pearson - Minnesota

Awesome, looking forward to meeting you. I think Jay and Stella have some other commitments and will not be able to make it. As far as train horns I will have to let you hear mine...lol!!

jassson007
10-31-2014, 03:57 PM
BTW...there are plenty of good sites left for this rally. Stop on the way to your Snowbird roost if you are still traveling through at that time or just come on and visit with us anyway...lol!!

jayc
10-31-2014, 05:17 PM
Wish we could make it, it's a great park and should be good weather. Love to blow that horn too!!

osims
11-05-2014, 01:58 PM
Made reservations today, site 24. We will be arriving Thursday 12/4 and leaving Monday 12/8

jassson007
11-05-2014, 02:06 PM
Awesome Bill! Can't wait to see you guys again.

Paul & Nan
11-12-2014, 12:43 PM
We have reserved site 26 arriving Thursday the 4th. Looking forward to a good time.

jassson007
11-12-2014, 02:36 PM
Awesome. Can't wait to see yall there.

boatto5er
11-12-2014, 08:17 PM
Sure wish we could make it out that way. Maybe in a couple of years when work quits getting in the way.

jassson007
11-12-2014, 08:22 PM
Sure wish we could make it out that way. Maybe in a couple of years when work quits getting in the way.

Would love to have yall down this way any time you can make it. Just let us know.

'Lil Guy'
11-20-2014, 07:44 AM
Get your score cards out, the Bakers (Frank & Debbie) could be on the way. That SP is pretty close to us. About 175 miles. We want to get our feet wet with our new "Lil Guy". I'm getting tired of being the smallest rig at these events.lol I need to get use to towing this small 5th wheel. Hopefully, someone else will park it for me while I drink a cocktail. I don't want the DW and I to get into it and ruin the weekend over a parking session. Barring bad weather, we'll try to make t. I'll post back as soon as we know for sure. Hopefully I can get off of work for a couple of extra days. I'll know by Friday. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

jassson007
11-20-2014, 09:04 AM
Get your score cards out, the Bakers (Frank & Debbie) could be on the way. That SP is pretty close to us. About 175 miles. We want to get our feet wet with our new "Lil Guy". I'm getting tired of being the smallest rig at these events.lol I need to get use to towing this small 5th wheel. Hopefully, someone else will park it for me while I drink a cocktail. I don't want the DW and I to get into it and ruin the weekend over a parking session. Barring bad weather, we'll try to make t. I'll post back as soon as we know for sure. Hopefully I can get off of work for a couple of extra days. I'll know by Friday. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Frank we certainly hope you and Debbie both can make it. Like I said it will be a laid back time to get to know some other owners in a very peaceful setting.

And don't worry about laughs on your backing up skills, this will be our first rally to host so I am sure we will have some laughs our way too but let's all have fun together. Can't wait to see the new "little" guy.

'Lil Guy'
11-22-2014, 06:51 AM
Barring bad weather, we'll be there. I'll make reservations today. We need to take our rig out and break it in. This is a good place for it and not too far. I like SP's anyway. More room, fire rings, cocktails, what else could you want other than some good company. See everyone there. I'll post back latter today with our campsite. Have a great day.

'Lil Guy'
11-22-2014, 11:46 AM
Debbie made our reservation. Site 23. There went the neighborhood. See everyone next month.

jassson007
11-23-2014, 04:58 PM
Well gang this rally is less than two weeks away but there is still time if you would like to join use. We have 7 confirmed rigs and possibly an 8th but waiting on Tom to make sure his schedule works out. There are still plenty of sites left in the park so if you want to come hang out with us at the first Louisiana rally please make a reservation and let me know so I can get you added to the list.

Also later this afternoon/evening I will be adding an agenda so keep a look out for that.

jassson007
11-23-2014, 06:09 PM
For those interested I have added and agenda but we do not have to follow it if everyone would rather change things up. Just wanted to put it out there so everyone would have an idea of things to do...

'Lil Guy'
12-02-2014, 07:33 AM
Bighorn, Big Country, Landmark, Blaa bla bla. I'm still the "Lil Guy". I wonder why the other brands by Heartland don't look at these Rallys? Probably intimidated by the size of the Big Boys. We went to our 1st Rally in our NT21FBS and had as much fun as any of the Big rigs. Plus, I had enough room in my pull thru spot to park 4 of my TT's. Mater of fact, I had trouble finding the "Lil Guy" a couple of times. Being new at this pastime, I went with a thousand questions. Point is, you don't have to have a big 5th wheel to enjoy the friendship and knowledge available at these functions. I'd like to see more of the TT's of all sizes attend. Just my 2 cents. l already have more questions to ask about our new rig. See everyone this weekend.

'Lil Guy'
12-02-2014, 08:15 AM
Looks like a serious chance of rain. I'd hate to be holed up with the DW for 2 1/2 days. Someone tell me there will be some sun. I don't think I have enough whisky for this . 60, 80, 70% chance? Dohh

nander
12-02-2014, 08:47 AM
Looks like a serious chance of rain. I'd hate to be holed up with the DW for 2 1/2 days. Someone tell me there will be some sun. I don't think I have enough whisky for this . 60, 80, 70% chance? Dohh

You don't actually believe the weatherman do you?? Haha. I really don't want to be inside with Dave either. I get enough of Fox News and The Blaze TV at home. Hmmm...we may not be able to get TV if there are a lot of trees. Is thee a Walmart close? [emoji3]

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson
North Texas Chapter Leader

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

jassson007
12-02-2014, 09:20 AM
Bighorn, Big Country, Landmark, Blaa bla bla. I'm still the "Lil Guy". I wonder why the other brands by Heartland don't look at these Rallys? Probably intimidated by the size of the Big Boys. We went to our 1st Rally in our NT21FBS and had as much fun as any of the Big rigs. Plus, I had enough room in my pull thru spot to park 4 of my TT's. Mater of fact, I had trouble finding the "Lil Guy" a couple of times. Being new at this pastime, I went with a thousand questions. Point is, you don't have to have a big 5th wheel to enjoy the friendship and knowledge available at these functions. I'd like to see more of the TT's of all sizes attend. Just my 2 cents. l already have more questions to ask about our new rig. See everyone this weekend.

I agree the tt's need to get involved. Maybe they don't know what fun is. Lol. I also wish more La folks would get involved there are 8 registered club members in la and only two of us will be here.

jassson007
12-02-2014, 09:22 AM

Rain only on Friday and it should move through quickly. I don't trust weatherman as far as I can throw him lol. Besides a bad day camping is better than a good day at work right? Lol. See yall there.

jassson007
12-02-2014, 09:25 AM
You don't actually believe the weatherman do you?? Haha. I really don't want to be inside with Dave either. I get enough of Fox News and The Blaze TV at home. Hmmm...we may not be able to get TV if there are a lot of trees. Is thee a Walmart close? [emoji3]

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson

Nope don't believe the weatherman either. Lol. Yes there is a Walmart about 15 min away. Lol. Btw with a portable dish you should be able to get a sat signal.

'Lil Guy'
12-02-2014, 05:25 PM
If Friday is ugly, we're in trouble. Need some separation after one of our back-in sessions. You know how yelling carries in the woods. Our new "Lil Guy" 5er isn't big enough for the 1st night. Maybe I'll sleep in the truck or just hang out in Walmart all night.

jassson007
12-02-2014, 05:28 PM
If Friday is ugly, we're in trouble. Need some separation after one of our back-in sessions. You know how yelling carries in the woods. Our new "Lil Guy" 5er isn't big enough for the 1st night. Maybe I'll sleep in the truck or just hang out in Walmart all night.

Lol I think Rowdy would share his kennel with you. Not sure about Kaydee. Lol

JWalker
12-02-2014, 06:37 PM
We are so jealous. Sitting here watching sleet and freezing rain coat the roads. Enjoy your rally. I'm sure it's going to be great!!!

Jamie & Ginger

jassson007
12-02-2014, 06:41 PM
We are so jealous. Sitting here watching sleet and freezing rain coat the roads. Enjoy your rally. I'm sure it's going to be great!!!

Jamie & Ginger

Sorry but there is still time to make it down. Lol. Gonna be in upper 60's low 70's and upper 40's at night. Great camping weather.

'Lil Guy'
12-03-2014, 08:07 AM
Forget the weather down here. Watching me and DW dock our rig on a back-in spot is worth the trip alone. It won't be DW for about 5 to 8 hours after the ordeal. Starts out just screaming, then arm flailing and hand signals like you've never seen and can't begin to imagine what they mean, to finally hand signals you will recognize. I'm telling you, it' worth the price of admission. I need to get her some pompoms. She acts more like a cheerleader, sometimes out of sight but always pops back into sight, bouncing around, arm thrashing and shouting. I hope she doesn't look at this post. That would make this 170 mile trip seem a lot longer. The show will start about 1:00 PM Friday. Everyone should pay my way just for the entertainment.

jassson007
12-03-2014, 10:50 AM
Forget the weather down here. Watching me and DW dock our rig on a back-in spot is worth the trip alone. It won't be DW for about 5 to 8 hours after the ordeal. Starts out just screaming, then arm flailing and hand signals like you've never seen and can't begin to imagine what they mean, to finally hand signals you will recognize. I'm telling you, it' worth the price of admission. I need to get her some pompoms. She acts more like a cheerleader, sometimes out of sight but always pops back into sight, bouncing around, arm thrashing and shouting. I hope she doesn't look at this post. That would make this 170 mile trip seem a lot longer. The show will start about 1:00 PM Friday. Everyone should pay my way just for the entertainment.

Come on it won't be that bad but just incase we will make sure to have our chairs out around your site when you get there so we can all watch the show. Is there an admission cost for it? Lol. We are heading up at noon tomorrow to get setup. Should be several others there too at that point.

jassson007
12-04-2014, 11:03 PM
Well 6 of the 7 rigs expected for the inaugural LA rally showed up today. The show starts tomorrow though with the arival of the "little guy" along with a juicy steak at a local place and to be finished off with s'mores and cocktails around the campfire. For those that missed this one, don't miss the spring rally in kinder. Lol

TravelTiger
12-04-2014, 11:21 PM
Andy, take lots of pics, many of us have to live vicariously through those that get to RV right now!

jassson007
12-04-2014, 11:24 PM
Andy, take lots of pics, many of us have to live vicariously through those that get to RV right now!

Will do.

Forgot to mention we have a special guest that joined us as well. I will post a pic tomorrow. Lol

'Lil Guy'
12-04-2014, 11:33 PM
We'll be arriving later Friday or maybe Saturday. We're headed to North Toledo Bend SP earl Friday to get our parking down before we arrive. Once we get it down, we'll head on down to the South end. I've got $10.00 for a valet parker. If there s a crowd, we'll just pull in and not unhook. Just have to back out to leave. See everyone tomorrow.

jassson007
12-04-2014, 11:39 PM
We'll be arriving later Friday or maybe Saturday. We're headed to North Toledo Bend SP earl Friday to get our parking down before we arrive. Once we get it down, we'll head on down to the South end. I've got $10.00 for a valet parker. If there s a crowd, we'll just pull in and not unhook. Just have to back out to leave. See everyone tomorrow.

Actually there is a pull through that might be available when you get here. Just ask when you get to gate if you can switch to it.

jassson007
12-05-2014, 11:19 AM

Here is one of our guest. He asked to be apart of everything.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/05/aec96cc4fd8b1f6cb5ebe18250f71065.jpg

TravelTiger
12-05-2014, 12:23 PM
Haha! Too cute, Andy!

boatto5er
12-05-2014, 01:14 PM
Like!

jassson007
12-06-2014, 10:16 PM
Well if you weren't here you missed a great meal tonight. Just ask any of the other couples here. Even the "little guy" was in rare form. I did see him stalking people with his camera maybe he will post some more pics. I will post our group shot with our special guest for everyone to see.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/06/bc46205794b555d8840d63322f8e0f72.jpg

TravelTiger
12-06-2014, 10:29 PM
Great pic!

nander
12-07-2014, 02:44 PM
Wonderful first rally, Andy & Joanna! Thank you for everything. We had a great time visiting and eating with everyone.

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson

Paul & Nan
12-07-2014, 04:46 PM
Great time, despite the yucky weather at times. Thanks for a good rally, good times, new friends.

'Lil Guy'
12-07-2014, 08:18 PM
Tried to post some pics with no luck. I'll try later. Great time and nice park. Congrats to Andy and Joanna on their 1st rally in the great state of Louisianna. You guys did a great job and it seemed like everyone had a great, personable time. I can't believe I had departure do-nuts delivered to me at the dump station. I had both hands into the job when he arrived. I handled every one of them looking for just the right one. So, if anyone ate any of the ......never mind. Anyway, great time, great people, great 1st rally. Debbie and I am looking forward to seeing all of you again. Our new "Lil Guy" handled and slept great on it's 1st trip. If it was only about 8' longer and 1' taller. Nice time. Later and have a great day. I see one of the pics was posted. Look at the facial expressions when they found out there was no do-nuts.

'Lil Guy'
12-07-2014, 08:41 PM
Trying to post more
pics.
The 1st pic is where the do-nut station was supposed to be. The last pic was taken right before the ranger stopped and told Andy to keep the fire inside the fire ring.

'Lil Guy'
12-07-2014, 08:47 PM
And one more.

jassson007
12-07-2014, 11:29 PM
Wonderful first rally, Andy & Joanna! Thank you for everything. We had a great time visiting and eating with everyone.

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson

Glad yall had fun Nancy. We had a good time hosting everyone. Now to wait till the spring. We realized when we got home we don't have any planned trips until this spring. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jassson007
12-07-2014, 11:30 PM
Great time, despite the yucky weather at times. Thanks for a good rally, good times, new friends.

Glad yall had a good time and finally got some sunshine today...lol.

jassson007
12-07-2014, 11:34 PM
Tried to post some pics with no luck. I'll try later. Great time and nice park. Congrats to Andy and Joanna on their 1st rally in the great state of Louisianna. You guys did a great job and it seemed like everyone had a great, personable time. I can't believe I had departure do-nuts delivered to me at the dump station. I had both hands into the job when he arrived. I handled every one of them looking for just the right one. So, if anyone ate any of the ......never mind. Anyway, great time, great people, great 1st rally. Debbie and I am looking forward to seeing all of you again. Our new "Lil Guy" handled and slept great on it's 1st trip. If it was only about 8' longer and 1' taller. Nice time. Later and have a great day. I see one of the pics was posted. Look at the facial expressions when they found out there was no do-nuts.

So glad that the little guy showed up even though he let us down on the arrival show. Lol. We enjoyed having you guys too. I tried to get Jo to hold you up at your site but at least I caught you at the dump station. I am not sure how many rallies will have breakfast delivered to you especially when you are handling the stinky slinky. Lol.

Btw if you don't watch it you will get recruited to be a full time rally photographer. Lol. ;)

jassson007
12-07-2014, 11:35 PM
Trying to post more
pics.
The 1st pic is where the do-nut station was supposed to be. The last pic was taken right before the ranger stopped and told Andy to keep the fire inside the fire ring.

What can I say about the fire other than it was hot enough for the wood to burn outside of the ring. We like living dangerously. Too bad you didn't get a pic of the operation to get it back in the fire ring. Lol

jassson007
12-07-2014, 11:37 PM
And one more.

Great pic of everyone feeding their face. Lol

jassson007
12-07-2014, 11:39 PM
Jo and I would like to thank everyone that did come join us for the first La rally. We really hope yall enjoyed your time here and have or had a safe trip to your next stop. I guess we will have to see how we can top this at the next rally. I hope to see each of you there plus more of the heartland family.

'Lil Guy'
12-08-2014, 07:39 AM
I was too busy watching Paul put the logs back in the ring to take a pic. Jo did a good job of trying to hold us up. I don't see how 2 women that just met can talk that much that early in the morning. You can't get rid of the "Lil Guy" that easy. You post your next Rally and the Bakers will be there. And you think you hate us now.lol Also looking forward to Dave and Nancy's next event in the N Texas Chapter. Dave told me if I get bigger rig by then, I could play golf with them. Paul an Nan, we'll shout at you when we get up that way next weekend. Have a great day.

jassson007
12-08-2014, 09:08 AM
I was too busy watching Paul put the logs back in the ring to take a pic. Jo did a good job of trying to hold us up. I don't see how 2 women that just met can talk that much that early in the morning. You can't get rid of the "Lil Guy" that easy. You post your next Rally and the Bakers will be there. And you think you hate us now.lol Also looking forward to Dave and Nancy's next event in the N Texas Chapter. Dave told me if I get bigger rig by then, I could play golf with them. Paul an Nan, we'll shout at you when we get up that way next weekend. Have a great day.

Yes that was an interesting operation to say the least watching them work that log. Lol. And yes Jo says she is shy but she can talk to anyone after a few minutes and then she will talk your ear off.

As far as next rally goes we have one on the schedule for March in Kinder at the casino there and yes we want the little guy to be there. The dates are 3/20 - 22/2015. I think the N texas rally is the next weekend in santo tx which is west of ft worth.