PDA

View Full Version : New Discussion-Late Spring So. Cal. Rally

Bob&Patty
02-27-2008, 10:34 PM
Ok guys and gals, lets all look at the apparel site Apparel (//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=1989) and find some things we like. Post your thoughts and lets try get get some ordered before the next rally. I thought it would be nice having something on the shirts that says "1st Socal Rally 2008". If you have any other ideas, post them. Bob:D:D:eek:

Bob&Patty
03-03-2008, 01:15 PM
Well I want to start off saying we all had a great time at our 1st rally. Now we need to plan the next one. At the last rally there was several people that suggested going to Pachanga. I also was thinking about Vail Lake, as it is only about 5 miles out further that Pachanga. Most people thought that April would be a good month for it, warmer and maybe drier. So after you read this, post some thoughts about the places and the dates. I could put in a poll if you all would like. Start looking at you calendar's and lets start posting on this new "Discussion" thread. John has closed the 1st thread, so everythink must now go on this one. Bob,Pat, and you know who:eek:

grandseahawk
03-03-2008, 07:52 PM
Count me, the wife and kids in for anything in April...

Bob&Patty
03-03-2008, 08:02 PM
OK Hawk, how about some input.Got your drive way done yet? Bob:D

grandseahawk
03-03-2008, 09:22 PM
Well, not quite yet. We counted on taking out 40 cubic yards of dirt for the pad and driveway. We ended up taking out 110+. It was suppossed to be 5 ten-yard dump trucks worth...ended up at 11, and we still have 6 yards to get rid of. And, instead of 35-45 yards of 6 sack concrete, we have to put in 60. Concrete company now needs an extra five days to get that much since they have to line up 5 cement trucks 20 minutes apart. This is turning into a bigger headache than I thought.

The good news is that we will probably pour and finish about the 17th or 18th of March and be picking up our Cyclone at the same time. It will be OK parked in front of our house for a few days till the concrete cures.

So, anyway, April would be great for us. I have never been to Pachanga...I don't think it existed when I was a kid visiting Vail Lake. Vale Lake is very nice...especially when it's not too hot like in April and May.

Rock On...

Bob&Patty
03-03-2008, 10:20 PM
Dude, thats a lot of dirt, you live on the side of a mountain?:eek: Holy moley, thats a lot of concrete:eek:. I hope you hired someone to help finish it.:) Bob:D:D:D :eek:

Larryheadhunter
03-04-2008, 05:23 AM
Hey bob, the first socal rally was wet and wild lol, and i learned alot and met alot of new friends, so it was fabuloso. count us in if its before april 20th or so as we are going to Cancun on May 3 for 2 weeks for our annual timeshare on the turquoise ocean. Destination makes no diff as long as they have 50 amp hookups.

Bob&Patty
03-04-2008, 01:06 PM
OK heres the scoop, I made some calls this morning, and this what I found out. I had to give Both Vail Lake and Pechanga a tentative date to hold spots for us. I told them the 12th for weekend of 11th-13th. For pechanga, I am the wagonmaster, so all money has to payed thru me. I have to give them a $100.00 deposit, sign a contract to hold the spots. I have about 3 weeks to do this. The price per night for 10 or more is $42 or $52 for less than 10. There is a $5.00 charge per dog and you pay for it at the gate when coming in. All the reservations will be under my name. If no one shows, I am libel for the deposit after the contract is signed and sent in:eek:. Vail lake is a little more relaxed about there CG. Both these CG,s are starting to get booked up. The weekends really dont matter to Pat and I. I do know that some people would prefer to do this early in the month. I will try to put the links here so you can look at the 2 CG,s. http://vaillakeresort.com or http://pechangarv.com Bob:D:D:eek:

Uncle Rog
03-04-2008, 01:49 PM
Vail Lake or even Lake Skinner have very nice areas...............

http://www.riversidecountyparks.org/reservations/

Large common areas with lots of grass...............

Bob&Patty
03-04-2008, 02:03 PM
Good idea Rog, I will call Skinner. Bob :D:D:eek:

frumbawa
03-04-2008, 02:40 PM
Hey Bob,

The poll will only take one entry so I voted for the weekend of the 12th. As for CG, my vote would be for Vail Lake.

Frank

sdgirl
03-04-2008, 03:56 PM
Hey all ! My vote would be Vail also, looks like a nicer CG. As for the date, I have to work the 12th and 13th! But I think that any other weekend would be okay. Hmmm,, maybe Roy and I could even make it a long weekend. Wouldn't THAT be nice. :)

Thanks for working on this Bob~ Maybe we'll have a few more things for the coach by then! LOL.

Update on the Puppy,, she is doing MUCH better! Blood tests are looking better and she's acting more like her old self. Still keeping our paws crossed!

Bob&Patty
03-04-2008, 04:06 PM
Hey Dena, thats great news about the Pup. We can make it the 19th. I did find out from Frank that we can only vote for 1 thing on the poll. I guess just vote for date and post where we want to go. The woof was for the pup, woofie is used a differant way. Glad to here from you. Bob :D:D:eek:

Bob&Patty
03-04-2008, 04:31 PM
Just to clarify the poll thing. You can only vote for the date or place, not both. So if you will, please vote for the date and post in the forum the place. I have tried all morning to get through to Lake Skinner to get information, but no luck. According to their web site, there is not much shade at the sites. I have not been there in a long time, so I cant say for sure about the shade. Also some of their sites are very short and not all have full hookups. Now as to Vail Lake, their sites can be reserved for $500.00 deposit and the same as Pechange, Im on the hook for the money up front. So my theory is, if we want to go there, everybody needs to start calling as soon as possible and claim a site and post it. then everybody can build around that site so we can all be close together. It appears that the OAKS is the most expensive and the Arroyo Seco are the cheapest. We save 10% on 10-14 sites and 15% on 15- ??. Uncle Rog suggested Lake skinner and there is a link on his post. I will say this time of year it is going to start getting crowded at all the CG,s around here, so I suggest "getting your move on".:D BOBO,PATTYO, and the KITTYO:eek:

DennisZ
03-04-2008, 07:02 PM
The 5th is my long weekend, so that would work better for me. I can do the 12th if that what the group decides, but the 19th is out for me, I'm already traveling that weekend. Either Vail or Pechanga is good, the gamblers will like Pechanga, but it is more of a "commercial" venue.

Dennis & Debbie

Bob&Patty
03-04-2008, 11:19 PM
OK gang this the latest scoop! With 2 votes for Vail Lake already and 3 more by phone, I think we can rule out Pechanga. If you do feel the urge to gamble, it is only 15 minutes from Vail. Vail is also real close to WINO COUNTRY, for all you WINO'S:p. The rub for Vail is the price per night. $70 for the OAKS and $65 for the other sites. The Oaks has 30&50 amp hook ups, the rest have 30amp's. If I gave them the $500.00 deposit, then we get 10% off for 10-14 spots, 15% over 14. Without the deposit, it is straight up money for the spots. There is no money required for pups at Vail. Now as to the dates, the 5th and the 12th works for some of the folks, but it will leave some people out. SOOO where does the 5th leave everybody??. I am going to send a few PM's and report on my findings later. I think my brain is melting, John suggested that I start on a Fall Rally, OH YEAH, RIGHT. We havent even got this one figured out yet..... BOOBY :cool::confused::D:D

1duffer101
03-04-2008, 11:41 PM
Bob

Went to the apparel site and Kathy and I would like Polo Shirts, tipped collar (Cat 73000), BigHorn Logo. Customizing only said 16 letters, so I thought "SOCAL 1st Rally". Will we order together or agree on saying and then individually order.

We will miss next rally if in Apr. Will be in Morro Bay SP the7th-12th (Spring Break).

Bob&Patty
03-04-2008, 11:50 PM
David, still have not got alot of interest in the shirts yet. You can call Brad and order the shirts. "Socal 1st Rally 2008 or just 08". He will embroider on the Heartland logo and a name if you want. I think it was about $26-28 per shirt, depending on the style. The more we order the cheaper they get. Bob :D:D:eek:

Larryheadhunter
03-06-2008, 04:52 AM
We are for the 5th in Vail.
We also would like to order some sort of apparel from our first socal rally. Just tell me what you want.

Bob&Patty
03-06-2008, 11:19 AM
Larry, click on the apparel site and look at the styles and colors. Then order what you like. Pat and I are going to order this week. Read my last post about the " 1st Socal rally 2008" to put on the shirts. Bob:D:D:eek:

Bob&Patty
03-06-2008, 12:39 PM
Today at 9 AM, Mr. Jim Beletti (got to call him Mr. now) is going to grace us with his presence at our "APRIL RALLY". So I guess we will all have to be on our best behaviour. No blowing up anyone with M80's, water balloon fights, "crash" cant fall off the top of his coach:eek:, you get the idea. So everybody think about that weekend and get your reservations in. All you guys from the High Desert get loaded up, even Mike and Vic, bring your "SOB,s". The firm date is 4-5-6th, do to popular vote, phone calls, and will be at Vail Lake. If you cant bring your rig at least come by and say hi to Jim. "thats all folks" for right now. Bob:D:D:eek:

Bob&Patty
03-06-2008, 01:43 PM
Today, after getting over the heart attack about Jim, I contacted Vail Lake. This is the plan. The date is the 4-5-6th of April. The sites are in the "chardonnay mesa". The sites have sewer, fire rings, tables and chairs, 30 amp service, and are 50'+. I am going to reserve our site tonight and post it so everyone can reserve around it. I really feel bad about the folks that told me that they can not attend. But, I am going to start setting up a "FALL RALLY" real soon. That way everyone can have some lead time to make plans to come. I want to thank everyone for all there help, it really means a lot to Pat and I.:) Bob and Pat :D:D:eek:

Dale and Jen
03-06-2008, 10:50 PM
Whoa, hello, all! Didn't know we had a forum site again. Last time I checked (a few days ago) our forum was closed! Looks like lots has happened. I'm excited to hear that Jim is going to make it, but sad to say I don't think Dale and I will make it. The weekend of the 5th is my mother's 90th birthday. No way I can get out of that! Sorry, I'm pretty disappointed. If I had know we had another forum going, I would have paid more attention. The 12th would have been better for us. Thanks for the email, Bob. I'll try to stay tuned more!:(
Jenny

Bob&Patty
03-06-2008, 11:08 PM
You have to take care of mom. Shes to only one you will ever have. Wish her happy B Day from the gangNone. When you can read all the stuff we posted in the new one. Info on the FALL rally coming soon. Bob :D:D

Bob&Patty
03-07-2008, 05:40 PM
I called Vail Lake today and reserved my site, #50. I asked the person to pencil in the name "Heartland" to make it easier for us to get in the right sites. The site #'s are 46-55 or you can get sites across from those, they are #'s 56-61. That way we might be closer together. The sites are in "Chardonnay Mesa". Vail Lakes phone # is 951-303-0173. Now she did tell me that they are filling up fast. It is that time year out here. Now you guys have all the information I can give you. BTW, she told that it is one of the best spots in the CG for a rally, lots of grass. Your turn guys to get your sites while there "HOT". Bob:D:D:eek:

DennisZ
03-07-2008, 06:52 PM
I just called and got space 49. Looks like it's a go!

Dennis

Bob&Patty
03-07-2008, 07:13 PM
dennis, come over to the chat room im still laughing. bob

grandseahawk
03-09-2008, 12:41 AM
April 4-6 sounds great. We'll be calling in the AM to make our reservations. My inlaws do not have a Heartland RV, but a Fleetwood Southwind (for now). Will non-Heartland owners be able to attend? Maybe in the outside sites?

Thanks, Thor

Bob&Patty
03-09-2008, 10:34 AM
Bring them with you. They are very much welcome Thor. Did you read my last 2 posts about the site #'s? Also you do know that Jim Beleti is coming to the rally? There will be at least 1-2 SOB's at the rally also. So, come on down. These rallies are all about meeting people and making new friends. Bob :D

grandseahawk
03-09-2008, 02:25 PM
We're in! Reserved spots 56 and 57. (58 is already taken). Marleen at Vail Lake said that the island across from 56, 57 and 58 is a large grass pad...perfect for the kids. She also said the pool will be open as well!

My inlaws will be with us and will have a 36' class A. And, we'll be in our maiden voyage of our new Cyclone 4012.:D

Any plans for a pot luck or some kind of BBQ?

Thor

Bob&Patty
03-09-2008, 09:27 PM
I guess Larry (crash) has the spot next to me. So I plan on being late, that way he can get parked 1st. Just kidding Larry, LOL:rolleyes: . Thor, thats great, we now have 5 coachs so far. Hoping for a few more. Keep in touch, see you there. Bob:D

DennisZ
03-09-2008, 09:49 PM
Bob
Mike got permission to attend (I wouldn't have even tried), so he will make reservations tomorrow, Vic is going to see if it fits his schedule. So we may have the 2 SOB's with us.

Dennis

Bob&Patty
03-09-2008, 10:13 PM
Great Big ones, Huh:confused:. Good thing he has the coach to live in.:eek: Bob:D

Uncle Rog
03-09-2008, 10:39 PM
WOW JB Hisself? Really...........?
Tell you what, not withstanding my wifes fathers 85th birth day, I / we will make some sort of showing.....fire wood...... salsa....? We could bring a ****load of limes, or avocados..............If the new director makes the effort we will, HA!
What is an SOB? Not stupid, just curious.............

jbeletti
03-09-2008, 11:37 PM
Avocados! Holy guacamole!

grandseahawk
03-10-2008, 12:29 AM
Uncle Rog and/or Bob & Patty, if you need avocados, we can bring em. We have a small grove (9 mature trees)on our land, and Zutanos are in season:p. They make great guacamole...very creamy. Our Haas trees will have a bumper crop this year, but the fruit will be a little immature for the April Rally.

Just say the word and we can bring plenty...

Thor

DennisZ
03-10-2008, 09:09 AM
Roger

SOB = Some Other Brand, these guys are traveling buds of ours, they were at the first rally with the motorhomes.

Dennis

Bob&Patty
03-10-2008, 10:16 AM
Sounds great guys, Jim might enjoy some avocados, probably dont grow to many in Illinois. I guess we can bring alot of chips and salsa. What do you all think about a pot luck???? With Mike coming we now have 6 coachs so far. Bob:D:D:eek:

Uncle Rog
03-10-2008, 10:19 AM
Thanks DZ, I knew it could not be, for me, the more colorful vernacular............

Bob&Patty
03-11-2008, 10:19 AM
Yes Rog, hisself is going to be here. Why do you think I have been rubbing on the old Horn for 2 days. Bob:D

Larryheadhunter
03-11-2008, 02:29 PM
Bob,
At your ripe ole age you need to be careful about climbing up ladders and rubbing on that little old Horn of yours as it might disappear. Maybe we can have a "Geritol" night for you at the next rally to boost your energy, as I need you there early so I don't live up to the name you assigned me. LOL Hope I don't swing a little wide and take out your little rig.

Bob&Patty
03-11-2008, 03:53 PM
Hi Larry, you could bring your skinny little butt over here and help me. Now when you get your coach back, you can wash and wax it yourself. I will bring the beer and a chair and watch. It's good exercise, running up and down a ladder. Kinda like this "wax on - wax off". This old guy is going to get you some day, keep looking over your shoulder. Bob:D

Larryheadhunter
03-11-2008, 05:27 PM
Bob old buddy, now keep that blood pressure down, and thanks for the compliment about the skinny butt. Have to admit that's the first time a man has remarked about my skinny little butt, hmm...... I think thanks are in order, but don't be surprised if I don't turn my back on you in Vail heh heh heh. And you are always welcome to watch the guy who I hire (are you available?) to wash and wax my rig!

Bob, I only kid you because you are my RV mentor and your advice is always spot-on. Debbi and I think you are the greatest! And that's no joke.

Bob&Patty
03-11-2008, 05:40 PM
AAAAAHHH, thanks Larry. Now you know that I was only kidding about your "skinny" butt. Wide load signs are in order for you.:p Thats the easy and cheap way out. You should do it yourself, builds character and muscles. You buy the beer and I will bring my own chair. Just stay off the roof:eek::D:eek:. Bob:D

Larryheadhunter
03-12-2008, 04:37 AM
Hey Bob,
Calling Brad tomorrow to order 2 polo shirts tipped collar for Debbi and I. Is it supposed to read 1st SoCal Rally 2008 or SoCal 1st Rally 2008? I am also going to order the Bighorn logo as its cool.

Bob&Patty
03-12-2008, 11:12 AM
Larry, I was thinking that it should read "1st Socal rally Feb 08" its less letters. I was going to call Brad today and ask his advice on the lettering. You can call him if you like and see what he suggests. Bob:D

Uncle Rog
03-12-2008, 12:25 PM
Hey Bob, is JB pulling a new LandMark out to your party or what?

Bob&Patty
03-12-2008, 12:39 PM
No, he's coming in an Airbus and a rental car. Flying into San Deigo on friday morning. He's staying here in town. Bob:D

Uncle Rog
03-12-2008, 12:50 PM
Good deal, Indiana to San diego in April, should be a culture shock....

jbeletti
03-12-2008, 01:22 PM
Rog,

I'm in Chicago. Factory and Corporate is in Elkhart, IN.

Bob,

Why are hotel rooms >$200 in Temecula (like you control this)? Hampton Inn was a crazy $221. :eek:

Anyone,

Just bought me some ripe avocados from Sam's Club. Need a couple good recipes for guacamole.

Jim

grandseahawk
03-12-2008, 02:45 PM
Jim, we'll treat you right!...with some great California grown avocados. The ones at the store may be from Chile...not as good as California grown...IMO. Well, actually, CA grown IS better...better flavor and higher butter content. But, you can decide.

We'll bring plenty 'cados for gucamole and for folks to take back home. Recipes abound, bring yours and we can have various varieties of guacomole!

thor

Forrest Fetherolf
03-12-2008, 05:08 PM
Jim B,

When you come out to So Cal.....................bring sunblock and sun glasses......................leave your snow shoes and ear muffs at home.
None
Forrest

htneighbors
03-12-2008, 05:36 PM
Can you ship those avocados from Cali to OK?

jbeletti
03-12-2008, 05:43 PM
Good advice Forrest. Esp the sunblock. This dome burns well!

DennisZ
03-12-2008, 05:53 PM
Jim
Here are some places to try:
Esa Temecula-Wine Country $145
27622 JEFFERSON AVE
Temecula, CA 92590

<H2>Holiday Inn Express Temecula $145 to $165
27660 JEFFERSON AVENUE
Temecula, CA 92590

Rodeway Inn Temecula $135 to $150
|28718 FRONT STREET
Temecula, CA 92590

I just looked these up on my corporate website, the rates are all AAA or AMEX. Hope this helps you.

Dennis

grandseahawk
03-12-2008, 06:18 PM
Once we get a Calif. Dept. of Agriculture stamp on them (costs about 25 cents per 100 pounds). I can ship them to any state that allows em. I've sent some to friends and relatives Oregon and Washington. Shipping was not too cheap, but I sent Hass avocados and they take about nine to twelve days to ripen anyway. Florida is a little picky I hear...especially about our Oranges. We'll bring a few cases with us for sure...ripe and just picked.

Speaking of sun screen. We found this stuff at Rite Aid the other day. It's a clear spray in an aerisol can. No oder, does not burn the kids' eyes and it's not greasy. Says SPF 50...you could probably walk through a nuclear reactor with that stuff:eek:. I see that it's made by "Coppertone."

Thor

jbeletti
03-12-2008, 06:32 PM
Hi Dennis and thanks.

I do not have AAA or AARP and no more Corp. discount :(

So full-rate for me for now. I already have a room. Thanks again for thinking of me and looking out for me.

Jim

Larryheadhunter
03-12-2008, 07:55 PM
hey jim if it helps u can borrow my AAA card to get a discount. I don't think you are old enough to have AARP.

jbeletti
03-12-2008, 08:35 PM
Close on the AARP Larry! 2.5 more years. Nancy has one but for members only.

Hey, I'll finalize that document for you and send it tomorrow. Almost done but no time today on it.

Jim

Bob&Patty
03-12-2008, 09:18 PM
Jim. I told you that you could stay at our house, $50.00 a nite. Has 4 bedrooms, 3 baths and a crazy cat.:eek: The best part is you can **** and plunder all you want. Cause no one will know. Save the $200.00 bucks to pay the guy that couldn't find the hole in the under belly of my coach to put the FW drain hose through. Might need glasses. You know, I might even make you a better deal on the rooms. I know where the Hampton Inn is and I will give easy directions, dont want to be lost in Temecula at 2:00 pm, TRUST ME. Bob :D:D:eek:

cdbMidland
03-12-2008, 09:25 PM
Close on the AARP Larry! 2.5 more years. Nancy has one but for members only.

Jim, you may want to look further into AARP - I joined when I was 47 as a non-voting member (never have had anything to vote on anyway, so big deal) and it saved a lot of bucks on my homeowners insurance (which was the reason that I wanted it). A friend who was only 45 at the time and a member told me about it.

jbeletti
03-13-2008, 07:11 AM
Great idea Chuck. I'll check into that.

Bob - thanks again for the offer. If you had Yorkies instead of a crazy cat - it would have been tempting :)

Now gawelsh (George and Lindsey - they know how to host. Complete with 2 Yorkies!).

Jim

1duffer101
03-13-2008, 01:00 PM
Jim Beletti

I have made reservations before getting the AAA membership rate and not one hotel has ever asked to see my card.

Bob&Patty
03-19-2008, 11:43 AM
As a point of interest to all. I havent seen anything yet about a pot luck. I know that I mentioned it in an earlier post. SOOO, lets start thinking about it. BTW, we now have 6 members coming. Larry, Debbi, and Pat and I have ordered our shirts and will have them by the rally. Remember that the "GRAND POO-PHAA" is coming to the rally, so be on your best behaviour. Bob :D:D:eek:

Bob&Patty
03-19-2008, 09:37 PM
For your information, I just looked at the CG time rules. It is 1 PM check in, but did not say if they will charge extra if you show up early. Bob:D:D:eek:

Larryheadhunter
03-21-2008, 02:08 AM
Geez, I planned to be there at 10AM just to practice backing in to my space 10 or 20 times or however many times it takes to get it in the way the DW likes it. Maybe I will get it right on the tenth try. To bad they don't have valet parkers. NOT! It's all part of the RV experience.

Larryheadhunter
03-22-2008, 06:01 AM
Pot luck on Saturday sounds sweet, Bob, I will check with the DW to find out what she is making. How many reservations so far? DennisZ remember to bring your friends with those great tri tips, ribs etc. You guys sure know how to BBQ.

Bob&Patty
03-22-2008, 06:34 PM
Larry, 6 total at this point. Larry, going to be gone until Sunday nite. Talk at you later. Bob:D:D:eek:

Bob&Patty
03-23-2008, 10:25 PM
Larry, old buddy, old pal, We all are hoping that you will post you arrival time at the CG.. This way we can all be there after you, to pick up the pieces. Never seen a BH up a tree before:(. Have debbi take pics or movies for us please. FILM at 11. Love ya, Bob. Now as to the pot luck, we have just 2 weeks before the get together. So keep this in mind. BOB:D:D:eek:

Larryheadhunter
03-24-2008, 02:34 PM
Bob,
You are cold hearted buddy, you give me such confidence. Thanks for all the support. I promise I will visit you in the old folks home which may come sooner than later.LOL We will be there as early as they let us in, so by the time you show up from your geriatric doctors appointment, I will be all set up, hopefully with no new dents. If you were a nice guy, you would cancel that geriatric appt, down that Geritol, and help me park my rig, as you are the expert and my personal guru.

Bob&Patty
03-26-2008, 10:51 PM
Has anyone heard from Dena and Roy lately? Hope everything is Ok with them.....:confused: Bob:D :D:eek:

DennisZ
03-28-2008, 07:40 PM
Ok... Lets start this off right, I'm gonna fix the Tri-Tip for the potluck. Larry, sorry you don't like the stuff (right!!!).

Bob, can you give me a head count later in the week so I make sure I have enough to feed the tribe?

Dennis

Bob&Patty
03-28-2008, 10:52 PM
Dennis has a good point. If everyone that is coming next weekend please post how many are in your party here, then we know how much food to bring. Everybody add 1 person so we have enough to feed Larry. He is a hungry little critter. Dennis' tri-tip is great, just get there before Larry. Love ya Lar:). Bob :D:D:eek:

grandseahawk
03-28-2008, 11:15 PM
Sounds great...

We will be 5 adults, and 5 kids (6, 5, 4, 3, 2), (+ 1 baby) in two RVs. 6, 4, 2, and baby are ours, the other two are nieces.

We can make a big Greek Salad and a desert called "Very, Very Good." It really is very, very good...and good for the joints because it has Jello in it, but you can't really taste the Jello.

We can also bring plenty of ripe avocados and limes for guacamole. Both grow in our grove.

And, of couse the unspoken libation.... that starts with the letter BEER!:D

Sound OK?

leftyf
03-29-2008, 12:50 AM
Dennis has a good point. If everyone that is coming next weekend please post how many are in your party here, then we know how much food to bring. Everybody add 1 person so we have enough to feed Larry. Hungry little critter he is. Dennis' tri-tip is great, just get there before Larry. Love ya Lar:). Bob :D:D:eek:

I hope you guys have a great weekend...even tho, I won't be there. Alas, my trailer comes in that weekend and I have to go to school on it.

S'help me, I cant wait until I get my act together and get back out on the road for a little fun. All my travels have been job related and very little fun during my off time.

Once the VA gets happy, people are gonna say, "Man, can we have a rally and NOT have Lefty there??"

jbeletti
03-29-2008, 10:10 AM
I can tell already I am going to gain a lot of weight with the new job :eek:

Already have!

Food and drink sounds yummy. Can't wait. Oh, and I am 1 person only but I may eat for two :)

And I won't be bringing anything. Well, maybe my appetite. And words of wisdom for Super Lar.

See ya in a week.

Larryheadhunter
03-30-2008, 09:34 AM
Gee folks, thanks for all the kind words LOL. There will only be the DW and I love all the great bbq that Dennisz brings and makes. Yummy, sounds great! and Jimbo bring all the words of wisdom you can conjure. You are, as we all know the big kahuna!
If there is anyone else with Heartlands in socal who wants to join us bring it on! Bob, where do you buy your Ensure and Geritol? I would like to bring you some for a gift, you old codger. You can share it with all the senior ole folks!

leftyf
03-30-2008, 09:55 AM
Larry

Speak thee not ill of Bob...lest ye be forced to eat some of my son-in-laws cooking!

Let ME speak ill of him...I need the practice.

Bob&Patty
03-30-2008, 11:08 AM
Lefty, it's ok, I just consider the source. Larry is one of the young whipper snappers that doesn't have any respect for his elders:p. I wish you could come to the Rally, that way I have some reinforcements to counter Larrys attacks. I know we will have more things going on out here. Maybe this fall, if you have a TV you can come here and hang out with us. Later Bob:D:D:eek:

Bob&Patty
03-30-2008, 11:13 AM
Yes Thor, sounds great. Looking forward to meeting you and the bunch. I just got a Pm from Dena and Roy. They are going to try to come by on Saturday to visit for awhile. Also, my daughter that lives in Montana will be coming with us Friday night. So Larry you better be nice cause she has a gun and will shoot you in the face if you are not. Thats the Montana way of taking care of business. Bob:D:D:eek:

Larryheadhunter
03-30-2008, 11:29 AM
bob, don't be offended I am only kidding u are the greatest! Cya soon ole mentor! On my way to Chula Vista so talk at ya all later. Everyone, if you don't know it cranky bob is the most knowledgeable RVer I know and he helps me all the time. Call him at midnight if you have any questions. LOL

sdgirl
04-02-2008, 02:00 PM
Hi all, Well, shoot, I just had to go an catch a cold, figures... so Roy and I will have to miss this one, I'm sorry to say. Just as well, as I need to go thru our trailer and make a list of things that need to get worked on. Am going to try to take it to that dealer down here, who is authorized to work on Heartlands. Update on the Puppy,, she continues to do well, Thank God. Doctor has reduced her medications and her red blood cell count continues to rise. Not sure she's worth it, since she's only good for licking pots. ;) Ha, ha.

Hey Larry, how did you like that shop you took your trailer to? I haven't see anything posted about it. Did they do good work? Or didn't the parts come in yet? Keep us all posted, okay? Always good to know who is good and who to stay away from.

You all have fun with out us and take lots of pictures. Roy and I will catch the next Rally. Maybe this fall?? Hugs everyone, Dena

Forrest Fetherolf
04-02-2008, 09:23 PM
Karen and I are coming to the Socal Rally. We have space 47 reserved, Karen will supply the beans and strawberry shortcake.

C-U-Friday

Forrest

Dale and Jen
04-02-2008, 10:13 PM
Just confirming that Dale and I won't be at the rally this weekend. Won't even be able to stop by to say "hi". Our kids are coming down from the San Jose area and we're all going down to Valley Center/Escondido to celebrate my mother's 90th birthday on Saturday. Her birthday's on Sunday, but we're celebrating on Saturday since that's the day that we can all be together.

Have a great time. We'll try and make the Fall rally. (maybe by then Ill have our shirts ordered! :( ) We're sad we can't join the group at Vail. The first rally was great and we enjoyed it a lot. This is a great group! Looks like the weather even will cooperate! Have fun!

:o Jenny

Larryheadhunter
04-03-2008, 01:03 PM
Hi Dena,
Nice to hear you are still around. I was wondering why we hadn't heard from you. I am sorry you won't be able to attend this weekends socal rally and hope you feel better real soon.
As far as Rick's Trailey Supply in San Clemente, they do outstanding work, as they fixed our rig in record time. I commend the Heartland factory for getting the proper parts to them within 2 weeks of the repair order. Tom, the owner of Rick's, had the work done in 3 days, so it was fixed completely within 3 weeks of the "crash". My only issue with them is their prices are on the high side, so I would use them for warranty and insurance claims work, but would be hesitant to buy RV items that could be procured elsewhere like Sears or Camping World. Their generator price compared to other RV stores was 25% higher.
On another note, darn it, I need to improve my left hand turns into parking lots with obstacles in the driveway, but that's another story.
Cya soon and say hi to Ray. Let me know if you want Rick's contact info.

sdgirl
04-08-2008, 08:55 PM
Well??? I've been waiting TWO DAYS to hear how the rally was and to see pictures. Are you guys all still there?? LOL. Wouldn't blame you if you were. I got to spend Saturday cleaning the trailer,, OH JOY! Last time we used it was at a horse show,, wow,, I didn't realize how dusty everything was! Oh,, and I learned a really, realllyyy,, REALLY good lesson. Even if you don't think you had much in the fridge, there really IS a reason that you are supposed to prop the doors open when not using it! LOL. Thank God it wasn't bad, but there were little spots on almost everything! But, it didn't smell and washed up just fine. I also found that one of the fridge racks is missing those little slipper foots on one end, if you know what I mean? I can buy those at any RV dealer or CW, yes? Guess I better pick up some extras. Got the repair list together too. Can't for the life of me figure out why the GFI stopped working. Then as I was cleaning, I noticed that the green light was back on the GFI outlet, so I looked for something to plug in so I could test it and by the time I got back to the plug, the light was off again, DANG. Definitely sounds like a short somewhere. Dennis or Bob,, do you agree? Okay, enough of that,, HOW WAS THE WEEKEND??? Dena

Bob&Patty
04-08-2008, 10:02 PM
Dena, the weekend was great. Really missed you guys. The Grand Poo-Bah was in rare form. I am going to post a report on the gathering. Felt kinda puny the last couple of days. I sent all my pix to Jim B and he is going to post them in HOG. Me thinks that you have a bad connection at the GFI plug. Have Roy or you take it off the wall and check all the wires going into it for loosness. Bob

sdgirl
04-08-2008, 10:30 PM
Thanks for the quick update Bob. Sorry you've been feeling punky. Exactly why I didn't go. Finally starting to feel like I've got the upper hand on this cold,, and it's been almost 2 full weeks. I HATE getting old! Hope you are feeling MUCH better VERY soon. I don't know what Crash would do without you! Thanks for the tip on the GFI, I'll have Roy take the cover off and check for loose connections. Will let you know what we find! Hugs all ~~~