PDA

View Full Version : EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: SC, Longs - 9/11/2015 to 9/13/2015

Phil Smith
12-04-2014, 06:04 PM
520 Southern Sights Dr, Longs, SC 29568

Venue:
------------------------------

WillowTree RV Resort
520 Southern Sights Dr
Longs, SC 29568
Tammy or Sue 1-866-207-2267
www.willowtreervr.com (http://www.willowtreervr.com)
Pets ok?: Yes
Pet Fee: $
WiFi available: Yes
WiFi Fee: $

Details:

Number of sites held: 30
Site fee: $50.00 per night.
Club Member Event fee:
Non-Club Member fee:$20
Potluck: Yes
Potluck date:9/12
Potluck time:6 pm
Heartland Gives Back: Help4Kids/BackPack Buddies Program

We have been helping the children of the poor working families of Horry County who live below the poverty level for over 25 years. These children receive food at school but do not have enough to eat over the weekend, and that's where our Back Pack Buddie Program comes in. We supply them with food on Fridays before they leave for home.
The food items we need are Vienna Sausages, Canned Ravioli or Pasta (pull-top cans), Peanut Butter Crackers and Chicken Noodle Soup (pull-top cans). And of course we always accept monetary donations so that we can buy shoes and clothes for the kids.

Event Leader: Phil Smith(click to contact) (//heartlandowners.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=25)
Wagon Masters: Bill and Janet Roche wgroche@gmail.com

Additional Info:
GPS Directions please use 2000 Old Buck Creek Rd, Longs, SC 29658

Agenda:
Friday 9/11
7:30pm Ice Cream Social/Meet and Greet at the club house

Saturday 9/12: Pot Luck breakfast. 8am - 10am Club to provide Bacon, Sausage and eggs. Please bring breakfast sides/casserols
Afternoon-On your own
2:00pm RV Fire Safety Program by Horry County Fire Dept.
6:00pm Pot Luck - Bring your favorite dish!
7:00pm Help4Kids/BackPack Buddies Program presentation by Lucille Serock

Sunday 9/13
7:00am-10am Coffee and pastries provided by club. Farewell and good-byes

Phil & Becky Smith, Phil Smith, Site#35, 1013
John & Nancy Latham, John&Nancy, Site#27, 1301-Cancelled
Clay & Candy Hudson, Clayhud, Site#36, 2503
Randy & Santha Allen, Randy, Site 50, 1112
Chris & Candy Carrington, CCarringon99, Site #25, 2740
Dick & Fran Bernard, Rodbuster Site #26 2074 Cancelled
Bill & Janet Roche, Billyjoeraybob, Site #32, 2358
Rob & Betty Ford, Robandbettyford, Site #51, 2378
Ron & Ann Parrish, Navya21, Site#56, 1158
Ed & Barbara Rauch, Brauch, Site#24, 1709
Don & Lexie Graham. Cableman, Site#11, 1397
Martha & Henry Scott, Marthamscott, Site#52, 2635
Mike & Bonnie Bentley, BBinNC, Site#39, 2176
Jim & Sue Edwards, Site#54 SOB

Phil Smith
12-04-2014, 06:36 PM
Hey all you rally people!!! Back by popular demand, the South Carolina Chapter Rally has been booked at Willow Tree RV Resort in Longs, SC for the weekend of September 11 -September 13, 2015. You asked for it so start getting those reservations in! We will lock in more rally details a they are finalized.

See you There!
Phil

davebennington
12-04-2014, 06:52 PM
Phil,
We will make if we can. Not sure where we will be living at the time VA, FL or somewhere in between in the trailer.

camperjohn08
12-05-2014, 04:12 PM
Ok John & Nancy Latham are signed up for this Rally.. we shall arrive Monday 7 Sept. and depart Monday 14 September... We are Now assigned on site #27... Let the fun begin.. once again... :)

Phil Smith
12-06-2014, 10:12 AM
Dave. of course we hope you can make it but understand. Just remember if you are living "in between" that would be SC!

Phil Smith
12-06-2014, 10:14 AM
Hey John and Nancy! Great news! We look forward to having everyone together again. We have not made many plans yet but I'm sure we will come up with something good!
Phil

Miller0758
12-06-2014, 10:44 AM
Hopefully, if things work out, we can make this rally but too soon to book just yet. Fingers crossed.

Phil Smith
12-06-2014, 10:56 AM
Hopefully it will all work out John and Lisa. We'll talk before the rally and help you get to know thge area.
Phil

clayhud
12-21-2014, 03:02 PM
Phil,

Our reservations are made on Site 36......arriving Thursday Sept. 10th for four nights. Looking forward to another Willow Tree visit and rally.

lduguay
12-23-2014, 08:11 AM
Hey Phil and Becky,

We are booked for another great SC rally! Site 37, Thursday thru Sunday.

And I promise, no flying collisions with new Heartlands this year!!😁

lduguay
01-23-2015, 08:51 AM
Hey Phil & Becky,

Looks like we sign up & are now signing off! With the recent "life events" we are not going to make this rally, so no drone flying this time (or collisions)!! Give a shout sometime and lets do dinner...we really do not live that far from each other!!!!!

Love you guys!!

Lance & Kem

Randy
02-19-2015, 10:20 PM
Phil & Becky, Santha and I will be there with the Poodles. We all love Willow Tree.
Randy

ccarrington99
04-18-2015, 11:08 AM
Chris and Candi Carrington are signed up. Space 34 coming in on 9/10.

Randy
04-25-2015, 02:41 PM
Phil & Becky
We will be on site 50. Arriving on the 10th and leaving on the 13th.
Randy, Santha and the Poodles

Rodbuster
05-11-2015, 09:24 AM
We really enjoyed the SC rally last year and loved Willow Tree. Count us in for 2015! We are arriving on 9/3 and leaving on 9/13 - Site #26.

billyjoeraybob
05-26-2015, 09:46 AM
Phil & Becky,
Janet and I are looking forward to another great SC rally we will be arriving on 9/11 and leaving on 9/14 we will be on site 32

Phil Smith
07-26-2015, 03:55 PM
The South Carolina Rally at Willow Tree is rapidly approaching. Willow Tree called this weekend and said that they will only be able to hold our block of sites through Aug. 9 After that date we can still make reservations if they still have available sites but you will not receive the 10% discount so get your reservations in.

Phil Smith
08-03-2015, 07:42 PM
Only 6 days remain to make your reservation and get discounted pricing!

Phil Smith
08-20-2015, 11:23 AM
Hello Heartlanders! I just update the agenda for the SC Rally coming up Sept 11-13 at Willow Tree RV resort. We are looking forward to seeing everyone!

Phil & Becky

billyjoeraybob
08-20-2015, 11:32 AM
We are looking forward to the rally! Hope we have more Heartlanders join the fun.

camperjohn08
08-23-2015, 10:19 AM
Well Sorry Folks, Nancy & I had to cancel this Rally due to health issues with Her Mother.. was set to arrive the 7th, but because of recent events we had to cancel as of today (23 Aug). We hope to see you all Next Year though.. You All Have a wonderful Rally.. :(

cableman
08-23-2015, 04:09 PM
Well it so happens all the stars lined up and we will be able to attend another rally. We contacted Willow Tree today and have reservations on site #11. Will be arriving late friday evening. See everybody there.

Phil Smith
08-24-2015, 06:52 AM
John and Nancy, So sorry you have to cancel but we all understand having to help with family members. Our prayers are with you and we hope for good results. Until next time...Travel Safe.
Phil

- - - Updated - - -

Well it so happens all the stars lined up and we will be able to attend another rally. We contacted Willow Tree today and have reservations on site #11. Will be arriving late friday evening. See everybody there.

Don and Lexie, We love it when the stars align! I know its been a hard couple of weeks and hopefully the hardest part is now behind you. Becky and I are looking forward to seeing you! Travel safe and we'll see you in a couple of weeks!

Phil

marthamscott
08-25-2015, 01:33 PM
Martha & Henry are registered for the rally, site #52. We will be in on the 10th. See you then.

Phil Smith
08-25-2015, 08:40 PM
That is fantastic Martha and Henry. We look forward to seeing you again!

Rodbuster
08-31-2015, 05:28 PM
I haven't seen anything posted regarding a golf outing. Is anyone interested?

Dick

Rodbuster
09-08-2015, 11:43 AM
We are sad to say that we are going to have to excuse ourselves from the rally.

Caught a bug a couple of weeks ago and tried to keep it from Fran but, living in an RV, there is just so much that you can do....sure enough, she got it too. Went to an Emergency Care facility and the doctor wrote out a couple of prescriptions and told us to let it run it's course....2 to 3 weeks.

We are actually here at Willow tree, been here about a week. There were many RVs over the holiday weekend but there was quite an exodus on Monday. We've got the place to ourselves. I'd say there are only 8 or 10 RVs in the whole place.

Phil and Becky, we had a great time at your rally last year and feel bad that we are going to miss this one.
We wouldn't want to pass this little bug on to our friends.
If Ken and Faye were attending, we would stay....and sit with them.

Have a great rally,
Dick & Fran

Nabo
09-08-2015, 02:36 PM
Ok Rodbuster - wanting to share with your best friends ??? No wonder they aren't coming this time (LOL) As for a golf outing - come on up to the TN rally. We have one. (Sorry Phil to hogging in on your site)

krhyde
09-08-2015, 04:43 PM

Caught a bug a couple of weeks ago and tried to keep it from Fran but, living in an RV, there is just so much that you can do....sure enough, she got it too. Went to an Emergency Care facility and the doctor wrote out a couple of prescriptions and told us to let it run it's course....2 to 3 weeks.

We are actually here at Willow tree, been here about a week. There were many RVs over the holiday weekend but there was quite an exodus on Monday. We've got the place to ourselves. I'd say there are only 8 or 10 RVs in the whole place.

Phil and Becky, we had a great time at your rally last year and feel bad that we are going to miss this one.

Have a great rally,
Dick & Fran

Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok Rodbuster - wanting to share with your best friends ??? No wonder they aren't coming this time (LOL) As for a golf outing - come on up to the TN rally. We have one. (Sorry Phil to hogging in on your site)

We will be at the TN Rally and I would like to play golf.

Phil Smith
09-08-2015, 08:31 PM

Have a great rally,
Dick & Fran

So sorry you are not feeling well and will not be able to attend! We will miss you guys! I hope BOTH of you get feeling better soon! Hopefully we will see you at a rally down the road real soon!

Phil & Becky

billyjoeraybob
09-11-2015, 06:11 AM
We are hooked up and about to head out looking forward to seeing you guys around lunch time for a fun rally safe travels everyone

brauch
09-13-2015, 08:38 AM
Many, many thanks to Phil and Becky for another great South Carolina rally at the beautiful Willow Tree RV Resort. Enjoyed seeing some old friends and making a few new. And, the food.....Awww, the food.....always soooo good and plenty of it!! We welcomed the new Chapter SC leaders, Bill and Janet Roche. So sure they will live up to the legacy of the Smith's. Safe travels to all.....see you down the road.

Randy
09-13-2015, 07:39 PM
Phil & Becky, Santha and I had a great time at the Rally. Thanks for your efforts.
I am sure that Bill and Janet will do a great job in the future.
Randy, Santha and the Poodles

Phil Smith
09-14-2015, 06:02 PM
Becky and I would like to thank everyone who attended the South Carolina Heartland Rally at Willow Tree RV Resort in Longs, SC. We had a great time! 12 rigs attended. We started out with an ice cream social on Friday night. Saturday kicked off with a pot luck breakfast. Mid afternoon, we learned about the dangers of carbon monoxide and practiced using a fire extinguisher during a presentation by Horry County Fire Rescue. Saturday nights pot luck left us all stuffed (as usual) Our Heartland Gives Back program was with Help4Kids. Lucille Serock spoke to us about the program and how our donations would help kids in need around Horry County. Sunday morning we got back together for farewells and breakfast pastries.

Becky and I are stepping down at the end of this year as South Carolina Chapter Leaders. We were able to introduce Bill and Janet Roche as your new chapter leaders and we are excited to work with them next year on another great rally. We appreciate their work as Wagonmasters this year and look forward to their fresh new ideas for next year. Please give them a warm welcome!
I would also like to take the opportunity to say thank you to all who have attended our rallies, helped us plan, cook, clean up or just attended. It is you that have made our rallies a success. We are simply the conduit through which your ideas and spirit are carried out. We have had a great time putting on these rallies, have made great friends and look forward to seeing everyone at a rally along the way!

Welcome Bill and Janet and thank you for your friendship!

Phil & Becky

billyjoeraybob
09-18-2015, 01:50 PM
We had a great time at a great rally. We enjoyed getting to know the members better. Thanks Phil and Becky! We are also looking forward to taking over as chapter leaders for the SC Chapter. Hopefully we will be able to host rallies as nice as the ones you have!