EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: SC, Longs - 9/11/2015 to 9/13/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

camperjohn08

Well Sorry Folks, Nancy & I had to cancel this Rally due to health issues with Her Mother.. was set to arrive the 7th, but because of recent events we had to cancel as of today (23 Aug). We hope to see you all Next Year though.. You All Have a wonderful Rally.. :(

cableman

Well it so happens all the stars lined up and we will be able to attend another rally. We contacted Willow Tree today and have reservations on site #11. Will be arriving late friday evening. See everybody there.

Phil Smith

Retired South Carolina Chapter Leader
John and Nancy, So sorry you have to cancel but we all understand having to help with family members. Our prayers are with you and we hope for good results. Until next time...Travel Safe.
Phil

- - - Updated - - -

Well it so happens all the stars lined up and we will be able to attend another rally. We contacted Willow Tree today and have reservations on site #11. Will be arriving late friday evening. See everybody there.

Don and Lexie, We love it when the stars align! I know its been a hard couple of weeks and hopefully the hardest part is now behind you. Becky and I are looking forward to seeing you! Travel safe and we'll see you in a couple of weeks!

Phil

Last edited by a moderator:

Rodbuster

We are sad to say that we are going to have to excuse ourselves from the rally.

Caught a bug a couple of weeks ago and tried to keep it from Fran but, living in an RV, there is just so much that you can do....sure enough, she got it too. Went to an Emergency Care facility and the doctor wrote out a couple of prescriptions and told us to let it run it's course....2 to 3 weeks.

We are actually here at Willow tree, been here about a week. There were many RVs over the holiday weekend but there was quite an exodus on Monday. We've got the place to ourselves. I'd say there are only 8 or 10 RVs in the whole place.

Phil and Becky, we had a great time at your rally last year and feel bad that we are going to miss this one.
We wouldn't want to pass this little bug on to our friends.
If Ken and Faye were attending, we would stay....and sit with them.

Have a great rally,
Dick & Fran

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Ok Rodbuster - wanting to share with your best friends ??? No wonder they aren't coming this time (LOL) As for a golf outing - come on up to the TN rally. We have one. (Sorry Phil to hogging in on your site)

krhyde

Kentucky Chapter Leaders-retired

Caught a bug a couple of weeks ago and tried to keep it from Fran but, living in an RV, there is just so much that you can do....sure enough, she got it too. Went to an Emergency Care facility and the doctor wrote out a couple of prescriptions and told us to let it run it's course....2 to 3 weeks.

We are actually here at Willow tree, been here about a week. There were many RVs over the holiday weekend but there was quite an exodus on Monday. We've got the place to ourselves. I'd say there are only 8 or 10 RVs in the whole place.

Phil and Becky, we had a great time at your rally last year and feel bad that we are going to miss this one.

Have a great rally,
Dick & Fran

Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok Rodbuster - wanting to share with your best friends ??? No wonder they aren't coming this time (LOL) As for a golf outing - come on up to the TN rally. We have one. (Sorry Phil to hogging in on your site)

We will be at the TN Rally and I would like to play golf.

Phil Smith

Have a great rally,
Dick & Fran

So sorry you are not feeling well and will not be able to attend! We will miss you guys! I hope BOTH of you get feeling better soon! Hopefully we will see you at a rally down the road real soon!

Phil & Becky

billyjoeraybob

South Carolina Chapter Leaders-Retired
We are hooked up and about to head out looking forward to seeing you guys around lunch time for a fun rally safe travels everyone

brauch

Camping Wife
Many, many thanks to Phil and Becky for another great South Carolina rally at the beautiful Willow Tree RV Resort. Enjoyed seeing some old friends and making a few new. And, the food.....Awww, the food.....always soooo good and plenty of it!! We welcomed the new Chapter SC leaders, Bill and Janet Roche. So sure they will live up to the legacy of the Smith's. Safe travels to all.....see you down the road.

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
Phil & Becky, Santha and I had a great time at the Rally. Thanks for your efforts.
I am sure that Bill and Janet will do a great job in the future.
Randy, Santha and the Poodles

Phil Smith

Becky and I would like to thank everyone who attended the South Carolina Heartland Rally at Willow Tree RV Resort in Longs, SC. We had a great time! 12 rigs attended. We started out with an ice cream social on Friday night. Saturday kicked off with a pot luck breakfast. Mid afternoon, we learned about the dangers of carbon monoxide and practiced using a fire extinguisher during a presentation by Horry County Fire Rescue. Saturday nights pot luck left us all stuffed (as usual) Our Heartland Gives Back program was with Help4Kids. Lucille Serock spoke to us about the program and how our donations would help kids in need around Horry County. Sunday morning we got back together for farewells and breakfast pastries.

Becky and I are stepping down at the end of this year as South Carolina Chapter Leaders. We were able to introduce Bill and Janet Roche as your new chapter leaders and we are excited to work with them next year on another great rally. We appreciate their work as Wagonmasters this year and look forward to their fresh new ideas for next year. Please give them a warm welcome!
I would also like to take the opportunity to say thank you to all who have attended our rallies, helped us plan, cook, clean up or just attended. It is you that have made our rallies a success. We are simply the conduit through which your ideas and spirit are carried out. We have had a great time putting on these rallies, have made great friends and look forward to seeing everyone at a rally along the way!

Welcome Bill and Janet and thank you for your friendship!

Phil & Becky

billyjoeraybob

South Carolina Chapter Leaders-Retired
We had a great time at a great rally. We enjoyed getting to know the members better. Thanks Phil and Becky! We are also looking forward to taking over as chapter leaders for the SC Chapter. Hopefully we will be able to host rallies as nice as the ones you have!

Status
Not open for further replies.