PDA

View Full Version : EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TX, Bullard - 10/9/2015 to 10/11/2015

nander
01-05-2015, 03:50 PM
51152 US Hwy 69 N, Bullard, TX 75757

Venue:
------------------------------

KE Bushman's Camp
51152 US Hwy 69 N
Bullard, TX 75757
Vonda Ross 903-894-8221
http://kiepersol.com/rv-park/
Pets ok?: Yes
Pet Fee: $0
WiFi available: Yes
WiFi Fee: $0

Details:

Number of sites held: 20
Site fee: $$21 per night.
Club Member Event fee: 0
Non-Club Member fee: $20
Potluck: Yes
Potluck date: 10/10/2015
Potluck time: 6:00 pm

Event Leader: nander(click to contact) (//heartlandowners.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=14965)

Additional Info:
We are pleased to announce the Heartland Owners North Texas Chapter will have a rally in Bullard, TX, south of Tyler. KE Bushman's Camp is part of the Kiepersol Enterprises group that includes a winery. The RV park has an all-season pool & hot tub, concrete road, concrete strips at the sites, 4 pavilions with BBQ grills, and fishing lake. Winery & distillery tours are available for a fee. There is no cable tv.

When you make reservations, tell the park you are with the North Texas Heartland Owners Club. After reservations are made, please post in this thread, PM or email nander so you can be added to the list.

We have 20 sites reserved. If the sites are not reserved by Sept 10, 2015, the sites will be released back to the resort. After Sept 10, 2015, reservations can still be made, but the site may not be close to the group.

The entrance is on the east side of Hwy 69, just north of FM2493. To locate it on the google map, click search nearby and enter KE Bushman's Camp. The entrance is on Hwy 69. Your gps may have you turn before you get there.

jassson007
01-05-2015, 09:14 PM
Cool. Gotta wait till football schedule comes out to make plans but we want to come to this one again. Lol

Btw you beat us to the schedule too. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul & Nan
01-05-2015, 09:36 PM
We for sure will be there.

'Lil Guy'
01-06-2015, 08:32 AM
If Paul and Nancy are going, so are the Bakers. Just two months before my retirement. Not making reservations yet but again, we'll be there. Hey, let's make the one in March before you post any more.lol

TravelTiger
01-06-2015, 09:17 AM
If Paul and Nancy are going, so are the Bakers. Just two months before my retirement. Not making reservations yet but again, we'll be there. Hey, let's make the one in March before you post any more.lol

Chapter Leaders have to plan Rallies this far out to reserve many sites together at once. ;)

I doubt Tony and I can make it with the rig, but I'll try to come to visit, like last year.

pegmikef
01-06-2015, 10:58 AM
We'll be there, but I don't know the dates yet. That park is really nice, in fact I liked it so much we are going to spend a couple of nights there enroute to Santo from Kinder in March. Mike and Peggy.

Paul & Nan
01-07-2015, 09:20 PM
We'll be there, but I don't know the dates yet. That park is really nice, in fact I liked it so much we are going to spend a couple of nights there enroute to Santo from Kinder in March. Mike and Peggy.

Mike, keep us posted so we can get together when you are in Bullard. We can caravan to Santos as well. Nancy

pegmikef
01-08-2015, 01:17 PM
Mike, keep us posted so we can get together when you are in Bullard. We can caravan to Santos as well. Nancy

Nan, we will be arriving Bullard on 23 Mar and depart the 25th. It looks to be right at 200 miles to Santo. We're all for caravaning. Mike

Terry H
01-12-2015, 01:33 PM
Carol and I made reservations, we will be arriving on Wednesday, October 7th and departing on Monday, October 12th.

nander
01-12-2015, 04:41 PM
I doubt Tony and I can make it with the rig, but I'll try to come to visit, like last year.

Great Erika! We would love to have you and your SIL!

nander
01-12-2015, 04:42 PM
Carol and I made reservations, we will be arriving on Wednesday, October 7th and departing on Monday, October 12th.

Got your down, Terry! We look forward to seeing you again.

jayc
01-13-2015, 10:58 AM
We'll be there! don't know our arrival date yet but I'll let you know.

nander
01-13-2015, 07:37 PM
We'll be there! don't know our arrival date yet but I'll let you know.
Ok, Jay! We'll see you soon!

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson
North Texas Chapter Leader

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

mmomega
03-03-2015, 03:24 AM
Go ahead and tentatively schedule us. JD and Glenda.
I'll get you something more definitive soon.

Erika you know there's always room in our trailer.

Time to get back in the saddle again huh?

nander
03-03-2015, 09:01 AM
Go ahead and tentatively schedule us. JD and Glenda.
I'll get you something more definitive soon.

Erika you know there's always room in our trailer.

Time to get back in the saddle again huh?

Great JD and Glenda! We hope you can come!

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson

pegmikef
03-03-2015, 12:40 PM
Nancy, please pass to Dave that I found two shooting ranges near Bullard (within 1.8 and 16 miles respectively). Thanks

nander
03-03-2015, 04:51 PM
Nancy, please pass to Dave that I found two shooting ranges near Bullard (within 1.8 and 16 miles respectively). Thanks

Will do, Mike! Thanks!

Chippendale
04-04-2015, 10:03 PM
Nancy and Dave: I had a great time in Santo, met a lot of neat people and now would like to attend your Bullard rally too. I will probably arrive on the 6th and leave on the 12th. We are supposed to make our own reservations with the park aren't we?

George Speir

nander
04-04-2015, 10:10 PM
Nancy and Dave: I had a great time in Santo, met a lot of neat people and now would like to attend your Bullard rally too. I will probably arrive on the 6th and leave on the 12th. We are supposed to make our own reservations with the park aren't we?

George Speir

Hi George! That's great! I'll put you down and yes, please call the park and make a reservation. We look forward to seeing you again!

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson

jbparker
04-21-2015, 09:00 PM
Nancy & Dave Put me down this year. I will be there on the 3rd and leave the 11th. Already got the spot at the park.

nander
04-21-2015, 09:57 PM
Nancy & Dave Put me down this year. I will be there on the 3rd and leave the 11th. Already got the spot at the park.

Great, Judy! We look forward to seeing you again!

Tyler
04-24-2015, 09:27 PM
We are in Tyler and interested in the N.Tx chapter, especially the rally in Bullard in Oct. 2015. Could someone from the club contact us? C.Holly

ccholly6161@yahoo.com

Thanks.

nander
04-24-2015, 09:40 PM
We are in Tyler and interested in the N.Tx chapter, especially the rally in Bullard in Oct. 2015. Could someone from the club contact us? C.Holly

ccholly6161@yahoo.com

Thanks.

I've sent you an email.

RRT
04-25-2015, 10:08 AM
Rhonda and I will attend. We will arrive on the 9th and leave on the 11th. A word of caution if you are traveling on toll road 49 form I-20, about 4 miles from the interstate is a very large dip in the road when entering onto a bridge. It was quite a ride when we hit this 2 weeks ago on our way to the park. Hopefully this will be fixed before the rally.

nander
04-26-2015, 08:27 AM
Rhonda and I will attend. We will arrive on the 9th and leave on the 11th. A word of caution if you are traveling on toll road 49 form I-20, about 4 miles from the interstate is a very large dip in the road when entering onto a bridge. It was quite a ride when we hit this 2 weeks ago on our way to the park. Hopefully this will be fixed before the rally.

Great, Rhonda & Randy! I've got you down. We look forward to seeing you again!

DaveTyler
04-30-2015, 11:13 AM
Please put Dave & Kathy Tyler down to attend. HOC #2866. If these rallies are anything like George Speir(Chipendale) says they are, we are ready for our first one! Looking forward to meeting folks. Dave

nander
04-30-2015, 03:53 PM
Please put Dave & Kathy Tyler down to attend. HOC #2866. If these rallies are anything like George Speir(Chipendale) says they are, we are ready for our first one! Looking forward to meeting folks. Dave

I've put you down, Dave & Kathy! We look forward to meeting you!

Chippendale
05-14-2015, 03:25 PM
Nancy and Dave:

Made my reservation this afternoon for Bullard. I will arrive on the 7th and leave on the 12th.

Thanks, George

nander
05-14-2015, 04:42 PM
Nancy and Dave:

Made my reservation this afternoon for Bullard. I will arrive on the 7th and leave on the 12th.

Thanks, George

Great, George! We look forward to seeing you again.

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson

mfogarty
05-17-2015, 03:21 PM
Mike and Patrice Fogarty will arrive on the 7th.

Everett Hunt and Fay Eger will also arrive on the 7th.

We look forward to seeing everyone.

nander
05-17-2015, 06:46 PM
Mike and Patrice Fogarty will arrive on the 7th.

Everett Hunt and Fay Eger will also arrive on the 7th.

We look forward to seeing everyone.

Awesome! We look forward to seeing you'all!

mmomega
05-29-2015, 10:30 PM
It's going to be iffy if we make it now, I just referenced the rally date against football schedule and we have a Cowboys game against the Patriots on the 11th.
I'm going to have to think about it, I'd have to leave at noon or earlier Sunday morning to get back home and get the RV in storage to make it to the game before kickoff.

Hmmmmm...

nander
05-29-2015, 10:49 PM
It's going to be iffy if we make it now, I just referenced the rally date against football schedule and we have a Cowboys game against the Patriots on the 11th.
I'm going to have to think about it, I'd have to leave at noon or earlier Sunday morning to get back home and get the RV in storage to make it to the game before kickoff.

Hmmmmm...

Well, I can't believe you even have to think about coming to the rally or football!! :D hahahaha!!
You can do both!

Tyler
06-02-2015, 07:49 PM
Cecil and Carolyn Holly are looking forward to attending the Bullard Rally. We'll arrive Thurs, 8th and depart Sunday, Oct 11. We are so looking forward to meeting all of you. C&C

nander
06-04-2015, 02:49 PM
Cecil and Carolyn Holly are looking forward to attending the Bullard Rally. We'll arrive Thurs, 8th and depart Sunday, Oct 11. We are so looking forward to meeting all of you. C&C

Great, Cecil & Carolyn! We look forward to meeting you!

Tyler
06-05-2015, 09:08 AM
Cecil and Carolyn Holly will be attending the Rally in Bullard, Tx. Arrive Oct 8, Depart Oct 11.

bettya
06-12-2015, 06:13 PM
We are new members and are planning on attending.

nander
06-12-2015, 06:41 PM
We are new members and are planning on attending.

That's great, Betty & Habib! We look forward to meeting you.

Please let me know the dates you plan on attending.

bettya
06-14-2015, 12:17 PM
Hi Nancy,

We will arrive on the 9th and depart on the 11th.

AAdams
06-21-2015, 03:56 PM
We made reservations that will include the rally. Arrive 9/16 leave 10/15

nander
06-21-2015, 07:48 PM
We made reservations that will include the rally. Arrive 9/16 leave 10/15

Great Alan & Debra! We look forward to seeing you!

mmomega
06-21-2015, 09:29 PM
Ok we're in, I booked online for the 8th -> 11th
I just need to call the park and tell them I'm with the group.

teasac69
06-21-2015, 10:42 PM
We want to attend again this year. Last year was our first outing in our new BH and we loved being in the group. We have our reservation booked arriving Friday and may change and come in earlier when we get closer and see our plans. Looking forward to the cooler weather by then for sure and seeing all those nice HL Owners again.

nander
06-22-2015, 09:13 PM
We want to attend again this year. Last year was our first outing in our new BH and we loved being in the group. We have our reservation booked arriving Friday and may change and come in earlier when we get closer and see our plans. Looking forward to the cooler weather by then for sure and seeing all those nice HL Owners again.

Great! I've got you down and please be sure to call the park. We look forward to seeing you again!

nander
06-22-2015, 09:13 PM
Ok we're in, I booked online for the 8th -> 11th
I just need to call the park and tell them I'm with the group.

Awesome! We enjoyed meeting you in Goshen and look forward to seeing you again!

wrgrs50s
06-24-2015, 08:02 AM
Hi Nancy, Janie and I have our reservations and will arrive on 10/08 and depart 10/11. Looking forwarding to seeing everyone !

nander
06-24-2015, 10:56 AM
Hi Nancy, Janie and I have our reservations and will arrive on 10/08 and depart 10/11. Looking forwarding to seeing everyone !

Great Walter! I've got you down and look forward to seeing you then if not before! :)

nander
06-24-2015, 11:16 AM
Is anyone interested in the Winery Tour, which includes 5 tastings? We did this last year and everyone seemed to enjoy it. They also have a distillery that some toured also.

We would need at least 20 people for a group rate (last year was $5).

If you are interested, please post on this thread or send me a PM.

TravelTiger
06-24-2015, 12:32 PM
The tours include tasting! I would go, if I can attend the rally (still up in the air.)

9-larry
06-24-2015, 09:05 PM
we will be interested if rebuild of house is on schedule and wine tasting. waiting on city to give building permit.

simsfmly
06-26-2015, 09:49 AM
Making "soft plans" for our return to Texas and a return to Bullard would be ideal for us again. Have to wait on Connie's treatment schedule (both in Ohio and Texas) before we can firm them up. Nancy, tell Dave to bring his sticks.

nander
06-26-2015, 09:35 PM
Making "soft plans" for our return to Texas and a return to Bullard would be ideal for us again. Have to wait on Connie's treatment schedule (both in Ohio and Texas) before we can firm them up. Nancy, tell Dave to bring his sticks.

Great, Bob! I'll pencil you'all in. :D
Dave doesn't leave home without them!

'Lil Guy'
07-02-2015, 04:37 AM
Called and made reservations yesterday. We'll be arriving on the 8th and leaving on the 11th. Looking forward to seeing you and everyone else again. Looking forward to that Friday morning breakfast.lol
BTW; When we called they didn't require a deposit or give us a site number. Could this be because they are excited to have the 'Lil Guy' show back up?

nander
07-02-2015, 07:20 PM
Called and made reservations yesterday. We'll be arriving on the 8th and leaving on the 11th. Looking forward to seeing you and everyone else again. Looking forward to that Friday morning breakfast.lol
BTW; When we called they didn't require a deposit or give us a site number. Could this be because they are excited to have the 'Lil Guy' show back up?

Ok, Frank & Debbie! I've got you down.
The park doesn't require a deposit or give site numbers until we arrive. I'm sure they are excited to have ya'll come back!! :D

dlw930
07-07-2015, 02:19 PM
I made reservations at the park for Oct 8-11 for Donna and me. The lady was so excited to have 'Lil Guy' coming back, I had to repeat my name three times! [emoji3]

pegmikef
07-07-2015, 02:46 PM
'Lil Guy' we are going to miss you and your huge camping sign, but we will see you and everybody else in Kerrville (and Durant for those who will be there). It seems my lake front area has been volunteered by my wife and one of my daughters to be used for a wedding and reception the very weekend that the Bullard rally is. I know everyone will have a good time and I will really miss the local barbecued brisket and sausage.

nander
07-07-2015, 03:05 PM
I made reservations at the park for Oct 8-11 for Donna and me. The lady was so excited to have 'Lil Guy' coming back, I had to repeat my name three times! [emoji3]

I've got you down David & Donna! Looking forward to seeing your modifications!

- - - Updated - - -

'Lil Guy' we are going to miss you and your huge camping sign, but we will see you and everybody else in Kerrville (and Durant for those who will be there). It seems my lake front area has been volunteered by my wife and one of my daughters to be used for a wedding and reception the very weekend that the Bullard rally is. I know everyone will have a good time and I will really miss the local barbecued brisket and sausage.

Mike & Peg we are going to miss you!

'Lil Guy'
07-07-2015, 03:36 PM
Sometimes it's a curse being so noticeable. Being in the witness protection program, I have to travel in disguise. I'm only 26 years old but travel with old man make-up, an older woman and a small camper.

9-larry
07-10-2015, 01:45 PM
made reservations for 10-8 to10-12. house is started and hope to be back moved in by end of September, put us down for winery. be safe out there.

TravelTiger
07-10-2015, 04:59 PM
made reservations for 10-8 to10-12. house is started and hope to be back moved in by end of September, put us down for winery. be safe out there.

Good to hear! We've missed seeing you guys.

nander
07-11-2015, 08:56 AM

It's about time!! ;)
We have missed you also. I've got you down.

simsfmly
07-15-2015, 02:22 PM
Just called the CG to confirm. Connie and I are in on the 8th, out on the 11th.

Looking forward to getting the sticks out on Friday.

P.S. Jason, I checked the football schedule. The Buckeyes play at home vs. Maryland. 🏈

jassson007
07-15-2015, 03:36 PM

P.S. Jason, I checked the football schedule. The Buckeyes play at home vs. Maryland. [emoji458]

We won't be able to make it this year due to the McNeese Cowboys being at home that weekend so we will be at home. Lol. We are gonna miss the Kerrville rally as well.

nander
07-15-2015, 07:03 PM

P.S. Jason, I checked the football schedule. The Buckeyes play at home vs. Maryland. 

Great news, Bob! We look forward to seeing you'all.

Dave will be ready Friday.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

nander
07-15-2015, 08:36 PM
I have added the list of attendees to the first post. If your info is not correct, please let me know.

I haven't seen too much response to the wine tour & tasting. Is anyone interested in doing this? Please respond!

AAdams
07-15-2015, 08:50 PM
We don't drink wine, but think it would be interesting to see. You can put us down for it.

Paul & Nan
07-16-2015, 07:11 PM
We made reservations arriving the 8 th leaving the11 th. we are maybe 25 miles from the park, anyone wants to stay with us before or after let us know. We have 30 amp for one rig, water for more. Can use Benny here.

simsfmly
07-16-2015, 08:50 PM
I haven't seen too much response to the wine tour & tasting. Is anyone interested in doing this? Please respond!

Connie and I will pass.

'Lil Guy'
07-17-2015, 04:20 AM
Looks like a great turnout. I'm already getting excited about that Friday morning breakfast and the Friday evening cocktails.

RRT
07-17-2015, 09:00 AM
Hi Nancy, please add us to the list for the wine tour.

Paul & Nan
07-17-2015, 10:08 PM
Paul and I will be interested in the wine tour.

nander
07-18-2015, 09:52 AM
I will start a list for the wine tour and get the info. Once I have the details, I'll post it.

jbparker
07-18-2015, 06:01 PM
Nancy...you can add me to the wine tour to. Thanks

TomMar
07-23-2015, 09:38 PM
Nancy sign us up for this one. I believe we will arrive 10/8 and depart 10/12.
Thanks

nander
07-24-2015, 12:21 PM
Nancy sign us up for this one. I believe we will arrive 10/8 and depart 10/12.
Thanks

Got you down , Tom! See you soon.

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson

alethaj
07-28-2015, 05:27 PM
I hope John and I will be able to attend....depends on surgery...will let you know soon...hugs to all

WRIGHT ll
07-28-2015, 07:28 PM
Nan, we just registered for October 6 through October 13. Since Barb will be retired we can be there as long as we want. Orville and Barbara

nander
07-28-2015, 07:56 PM
I hope John and I will be able to attend....depends on surgery...will let you know soon...hugs to all

We hope you can come, too! Good luck with surgery!

- - - Updated - - -

Nan, we just registered for October 6 through October 13. Since Barb will be retired we can be there as long as we want. Orville and Barbara

Awesome, Orville! I've got you down. Tell Barb Congratulations on her retirement! We look forward to seeing you.

alethaj
08-12-2015, 01:00 PM
John and I will arrive on the 8th and leave on the 14th..looking forward to seeing everyone

nander
08-12-2015, 03:51 PM
John and I will arrive on the 8th and leave on the 14th..looking forward to seeing everyone

Great, Aletha! I hope this means the surgery went well!

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson

alethaj
08-12-2015, 06:40 PM
No..I just put the surgery off until November....can't miss all the Rallies...lol....hugs to all..
Aletha and John

jassson007
08-12-2015, 10:51 PM
No..I just put the surgery off until November....can't miss all the Rallies...lol....hugs to all..
Aletha and John

Aletha will we see tall in Louisiana?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jayc
08-13-2015, 07:12 PM
We got our reservations made today for arrival 10/7 and departing 10/12.

nander
08-13-2015, 07:15 PM
We got our reservations made today for arrival 10/7 and departing 10/12.

Thanks, Jay! Got you down!

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson

'Lil Guy'
08-18-2015, 04:23 AM
Looks like another great turnout. Let's plan on that Friday morning breakfast. I'll supply the bacon and sausage if someone will promise to fry some potatoes. The last breakfast you had was amazing and going to be hard to beat but let's try anyway.
Looking forward to the event and seeing everyone again.

nander
08-18-2015, 10:13 AM
Looks like another great turnout. Let's plan on that Friday morning breakfast. I'll supply the bacon and sausage if someone will promise to fry some potatoes. The last breakfast you had was amazing and going to be hard to beat but let's try anyway.
Looking forward to the event and seeing everyone again.

Sounds good to me, Frank! I'm sure we can come up with potatoes, eggs, fruit and whatever else. The bacon and sausage you cooked in LA was delish!!

Any volunteers? We may have some leftovers for the people who don't arrive until Friday evening! ;)

'Lil Guy'
08-18-2015, 02:36 PM
If I recall (and I'm old) there was enough left over for Saturday morning one one occasion. The food was great and it was also a good way to get everyone together.
Congrats again on the nice turnout you guys are having. You and Dave put on a great rally.
later and have a great day.

Possum51
08-24-2015, 06:17 PM
Hi, Nancy

Pat and I will be at your rally. I made the reservations coming in October 8th and leaving October 12th. I sure hope Dave is feeling better. Just let me know if we can do anything for you. Thanks!

Pat and Elaine

nander
08-24-2015, 07:35 PM
Hi, Nancy

Pat and I will be at your rally. I made the reservations coming in October 8th and leaving October 12th. I sure hope Dave is feeling better. Just let me know if we can do anything for you. Thanks!

Pat and Elaine

Great, Pat & Elaine!! We look forward to seeing you and hearing about your travels! :)

- - - Updated - - -

If I recall (and I'm old) there was enough left over for Saturday morning one one occasion. The food was great and it was also a good way to get everyone together.
Congrats again on the nice turnout you guys are having. You and Dave put on a great rally.
later and have a great day.

Thanks, Frank! Breakfast is a great way to start the day!

Paul & Nan
09-04-2015, 08:53 PM
Nancy-we found out yesterday about an interesting Museum in Bullard that might be a good activity for the rally. It is the American Freedom Museum, website americanfreedommuseum.org. It is on the campus of a private school. We have brochures for it we can bring to the rally. They are open on Fridays. The displays cover military action from the civil war forward. Admission is free for veterans.

nander
09-04-2015, 10:03 PM
Nancy-we found out yesterday about an interesting Museum in Bullard that might be a good activity for the rally. It is the American Freedom Museum, website americanfreedommuseum.org. It is on the campus of a private school. We have brochures for it we can bring to the rally. They are open on Fridays. The displays cover military action from the civil war forward. Admission is free for veterans.

Sounds good! We'll check it out. Thanks!

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson

LBallard
09-15-2015, 04:03 PM
Reservations made. Arrive oct 7 - depart October 13.

nander
09-15-2015, 07:04 PM
Reservations made. Arrive oct 7 - depart October 13.

Great Lin & Debbie! We look forward to seeing you (and playing golf)!

'Lil Guy'
09-16-2015, 04:33 AM
This is starting to look like a serious Friday morning breakfast.

dlw930
09-16-2015, 05:17 AM
This is starting to look like a serious Friday morning breakfast.

I'm can't wait! It'll be here before you know it!

TravelTiger
09-16-2015, 08:47 AM
Guys, I guess this time I'll have to pass. Last year I was able to come and stay with Tori, my sister in law. This year, too complicated... Plus a Marching Band Contest on Sat. for Tony, so we will just envy and miss you all this time.

Titanguy
09-16-2015, 07:03 PM
I will be there. Coming in on 10/5. Planning an Electric/Hydraulic Disc Brake seminar. Prepare your questions. Troubleshooting systems will be available.

nander
09-17-2015, 08:33 AM
Guys, I guess this time I'll have to pass. Last year I was able to come and stay with Tori, my sister in law. This year, too complicated... Plus a Marching Band Contest on Sat. for Tony, so we will just envy and miss you all this time.

We will miss you Erika & Tony! I hate it when that four letter word "work" gets in the way! ;)

AAdams
09-17-2015, 09:11 AM
We made it here yesterday. When we got here they couldn't find our reservation that I had made on 6/21 but were able to get us a spot right up by the entrance.

nander
09-17-2015, 02:44 PM
We made it here yesterday. When we got here they couldn't find our reservation that I had made on 6/21 but were able to get us a spot right up by the entrance.

Good deal! We'll see you soon.

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson

nander
09-17-2015, 02:46 PM
I will be there. Coming in on 10/5. Planning an Electric/Hydraulic Disc Brake seminar. Prepare your questions. Troubleshooting systems will be available.

Ron will be doing a short seminar after our potluck on Sat evening. He will also be able to test your tire gauges, so don't leave them at home!

See you soon!

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson

LBallard
09-17-2015, 07:06 PM
Great to have a Titan rep to present a seminar. Read about this system in Trailer Life.

teasac69
09-18-2015, 09:31 PM

Ron is actually going to put on a bit of a demonstration by helping me install a kit on my 2014 BH. I'm arriving on Wednesday and we'll get started on it (weather permitting) asap. if you are interested in learning how they work, watching/helping with the install so you can do one yourself, etc., keep an eye out for where we pull this off. I'm going to check with KE Bushman's to see if they object or where they would prefer we do this and we'll put on the disc brakes on my BH right on site. This will not interfere with his plans to do any other support functions around the rally such as his seminar or any troubleshooting, etc. We just thought this is a great way to let others see this get done, know it is possible, how easy/difficult and answer everyone's questions. I've been wanting disc brakes on the last two coaches and now it's going to come true.

See you guys Wednesday around noon to get started.

nander
09-19-2015, 11:41 AM
Ron is actually going to put on a bit of a demonstration by helping me install a kit on my 2014 BH. I'm arriving on Wednesday and we'll get started on it (weather permitting) asap. if you are interested in learning how they work, watching/helping with the install so you can do one yourself, etc., keep an eye out for where we pull this off. I'm going to check with KE Bushman's to see if they object or where they would prefer we do this and we'll put on the disc brakes on my BH right on site. This will not interfere with his plans to do any other support functions around the rally such as his seminar or any troubleshooting, etc. We just thought this is a great way to let others see this get done, know it is possible, how easy/difficult and answer everyone's questions. I've been wanting disc brakes on the last two coaches and now it's going to come true.

See you guys Wednesday around noon to get started.

Awesome! We may have to come a day early!

Possum51
09-20-2015, 02:20 PM
Nancy, Pat and I will not be able to attend your rally. Pat has accepted a 6 month job in Victoria Texas. I already called the park and canceled our reservation. So sorry! :(

Elaine

nander
09-20-2015, 02:35 PM
Nancy, Pat and I will not be able to attend your rally. Pat has accepted a 6 month job in Victoria Texas. I already called the park and canceled our reservation. So sorry! :(

Elaine

We will miss you, Elaine! See you down the road.

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson

Chippendale
09-21-2015, 11:58 AM
I just saw the post about the wine tour. I don't know much about wine except in my case, it can produce a stout hangover, but if you need one more lukewarm body to attend the tour, count me in. George

nander
09-21-2015, 01:41 PM
I just saw the post about the wine tour. I don't know much about wine except in my case, it can produce a stout hangover, but if you need one more lukewarm body to attend the tour, count me in. George

Thanks, George.

I haven't had much response to the wine tour...we need at least 20 people to get a reduced rate. You are always welcome to go "on your own" to the tour, The tour info is here: http://kiepersol.com/tours
The cost is $10 per person.

TomMar
09-21-2015, 04:37 PM
We are up for the wine tour. George if others don't jump in we will go.

Chippendale
09-21-2015, 05:01 PM
We are up for the wine tour. George if others don't jump in we will go.

I just noticed there was a wine tour and they needed 20 people to get the better price, so I said I would contribute my body to the tour to help out on the price. Personally, I am more of a beer and scotch type of guy, but a little wine with a group of nice people might be fun.

jassson007
09-21-2015, 06:15 PM
George on the other side they do scotch, rum and vodka with the left over alcohol from the wine making process. It was good stuff too.

TomMar
09-21-2015, 10:07 PM
I just noticed there was a wine tour and they needed 20 people to get the better price, so I said I would contribute my body to the tour to help out on the price. Personally, I am more of a beer and scotch type of guy, but a little wine with a group of nice people might be fun.
Looking at the Web site they also have a Distillery that puts out Vodka, Bourbon and Rum. If we only have a small group we can make our own decision where to drink.[emoji12] [emoji43] [emoji13] [emoji15]

Terry H
09-23-2015, 10:53 PM
Dave and Nancy,

We will be unable to attend the rally with our trailer because of what happened yesterday (//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/54942-What-you-never-want-for-your-RV!). We are not sure if we will be able to attend the Potluck on Saturday night.

nander
09-24-2015, 07:55 AM
Dave and Nancy,

We will be unable to attend the rally with our trailer because of what happened yesterday (//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/54942-What-you-never-want-for-your-RV!). We are not sure if we will be able to attend the Potluck on Saturday night.

So sorry Terry!! We will miss you! We hope you can come to the potluck.

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson

nander
09-28-2015, 04:22 PM
Is anyone besides Lin & Bob Sims interested in playing golf, probably on Thursday and/or Friday?

LBallard
09-28-2015, 06:39 PM
Looking forward to golf.

simsfmly
09-29-2015, 07:33 AM
I'm still in for golf, but won't be there till Thursday afternoon. Friday definitely.

Always look forward to Dave and Lin taking my money.

nander
09-29-2015, 08:46 AM
Agenda is posted in thread #1 and below.

Paul & Nan
09-30-2015, 05:06 PM
Nancy, Paul and I have decided we will be coming in on Wed the 7th. We have called the park.

nander
09-30-2015, 07:14 PM
Nancy, Paul and I have decided we will be coming in on Wed the 7th. We have called the park.

Ok, thanks Nan! See you then!

'Lil Guy'
10-04-2015, 08:45 PM
Nancy, looks like the Bakers are without a rig for the rally. The 'LG' was sold yesterday. I doubt if our new one will be in and ready by that time. My big concern is the breakfast meat I wanted to do for Friday AM. Is there anyone else with the cooker to handle the bacon? If so, I would love to reimburse the person who could step up. I could reimburse you at the La. rally. I'd like to do this for the group while I'm still working. May get a little more frugal after retirement.lol I want to spend sometime at the dealer during make ready to see what gets done. In case it doesn't come in this week, I'll go up to Jacksonville and come over early Friday and do the meat anyway. I'll just park next to the clubhouse and set up my cookers there. I'll keep you posted as to our schedule. Sorry for the inconvenience this is causing.

nander
10-04-2015, 09:04 PM
Nancy, looks like the Bakers are without a rig for the rally. The 'LG' was sold yesterday. I doubt if our new one will be in and ready by that time. My big concern is the breakfast meat I wanted to do for Friday AM. Is there anyone else with the cooker to handle the bacon? If so, I would love to reimburse the person who could step up. I could reimburse you at the La. rally. I'd like to do this for the group while I'm still working. May get a little more frugal after retirement.lol I want to spend sometime at the dealer during make ready to see what gets done. In case it doesn't come in this week, I'll go up to Jacksonville and come over early Friday and do the meat anyway. I'll just park next to the clubhouse and set up my cookers there. I'll keep you posted as to our schedule. Sorry for the inconvenience this is causing.

Hi Frank...so you really are getting a Bighorn???

What kind of cookers do you use? I'm sure we can find someone to cook! [emoji3]. I hate for you to come all this way to cook, although the meat you get is delicious!

Congratulations on your new rig!!

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson

David-and-Cheryl
10-04-2015, 10:02 PM
I haven't had much response to the wine tour...we need at least 20 people to get a reduced rate. You are always welcome to go "on your own" to the tour, The tour info is here: http://kiepersol.com/tours
The cost is $10 per person.

Cheryl and I will do the wine tour, whether we get 20 people or not. Do we need advance reservations, or just show up?

BTW we'll be arriving at the park probably early Friday afternoon.

- - - Updated - - -

Any other vegetarians coming to the rally? I do love BBQ--and will probably even sneak a taste (oops, did I say that out loud? ;))--but we both stick to a mainly vegetarian diet. We'll bring a side dish/vegetarian main, but we'll be sure to make extra if we know there are other non-carnivores.

lisabeaty
10-04-2015, 10:34 PM
Walter and I will arrive Thursday evening sometime. Looking forward to it!

TravelTiger
10-04-2015, 11:23 PM

Frank, when I came without a rig last year, I think they charged me just $5 a day for "a parking spot" to give me a code to get in the gate. There was plenty of space to park out of the way.

'Lil Guy'
10-04-2015, 11:31 PM
Nancy, I use the Coleman Road Trip with the full size grill. I also have the 3 burner Coleman with the full size grill. We have property about 20 miles from Bullard on Lake Jacksonville. If the make ready for my new BH is on Thursday and Friday, I want to be there. Try and make other arrangements in case we can't come. I'll try and get some definite times from the dealer early this week. If it doesn't arrive til the weekend, then we'll come up for the breakfast. I'll let you know as soon as I find out.
Yes, we're geting the BH 3270RS with all the bells and whistles. We opted for the small one so we would have room to move up later.lol (Hopefully, this is our last rig)

'Lil Guy'
10-05-2015, 08:55 AM
I remember you coming Erika. Debbie and I will certainly be there for Friday morning if at all possible for the breakfast. We have a place to stay just a short distance away. But it all comes down to when they open up our new BH to tighten and inspect the enclosed electrical and water lines. I'd like to be there for that just to get a working knowledge of the inside components and how to access same. I'll know for sure by tomorrow. Working nights makes it even harder. If we come up for Friday, I'll just take off Friday and leave after I get off of work Early Friday morning and not waste vacation days. Since I pushed for the Friday morning breakfast, I feel obligated to try and be there. Again, I'll post back ASAP when I know for sure.

nander
10-05-2015, 12:44 PM
Walter and I will arrive Thursday evening sometime. Looking forward to it!

Great, Lisa! We look forward to seeing you!

- - - Updated - - -

Cheryl and I will do the wine tour, whether we get 20 people or not. Do we need advance reservations, or just show up?

BTW we'll be arriving at the park probably early Friday afternoon.

- - - Updated - - -

Any other vegetarians coming to the rally? I do love BBQ--and will probably even sneak a taste (oops, did I say that out loud? ;))--but we both stick to a mainly vegetarian diet. We'll bring a side dish/vegetarian main, but we'll be sure to make extra if we know there are other non-carnivores.

David, the website says no advance reservations needed for the tours on Saturday. The Distillery is at 1, 3 & 5 and the Winery is 2 & 4. Each is $10 per person.

I'm not sure about other vegetarians (we're in TX ;)), but I did order some turkey. I know it's still meat. :rolleyes:

We'll see you Friday!

jayc
10-06-2015, 07:29 AM
We're leaving tomorrow. Back out on the road, Yippee!!

dlw930
10-06-2015, 08:45 AM

Looking forward to seeing Stella and you, and everyone else, again! June seems a long time ago! All I have to do is get back from Utah Wed. night so we can leave Thurs. morning for Bullard. Nothing like a full schedule!

nander
10-06-2015, 09:37 AM

Yeah!! It will be good to see you'all!

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson

TomMar
10-06-2015, 09:48 AM
Fantastic news Jay , on the road again ! ! ! We'll see y'all tomorrow afternoon after we stop at Sam's Restaurant.

'Lil Guy'
10-06-2015, 03:26 PM
Nancy, Debbie and I are going to Jacksonville Thursday evening and will Be there Friday morning to cook the bacon for the breakfast. I'll need an early start and I expect someone to have coffee going at the clubhouse.lol Getting started at 7:00AM. I guess I can just park at the clubhouse and set up a table outside to work from. Make sure we can get in the gate. I would guess they're open at that time. See everyone Friday morning.

pegmikef
10-06-2015, 03:31 PM

Good deal Jay. Unfortunately we will miss you in Bullard, but will see you the following week. Glad to hear you are doing so well!

nander
10-06-2015, 05:13 PM
Nancy, Debbie and I are going to Jacksonville Thursday evening and will Be there Friday morning to cook the bacon for the breakfast. I'll need an early start and I expect someone to have coffee going at the clubhouse.lol Getting started at 7:00AM. I guess I can just park at the clubhouse and set up a table outside to work from. Make sure we can get in the gate. I would guess they're open at that time. See everyone Friday morning.

Ok, Frank. Thanks!

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson

TomMar
10-06-2015, 06:26 PM
10-4 Roger on the coffee Frank. I know Jay has a big coffee pot and I'll bring bring mine as a backup. Coffee will be ready.
P.S. What are you going to name the new unit. You are now in a "big guy" .......:)

'Lil Guy'
10-07-2015, 04:12 AM
I already have the name tag for the back of it. I bet you know what it reads.lol
Nancy, you are very welcome. See you Friday.

Titanguy
10-07-2015, 06:12 AM
I am in space 92 and will have the Master Test Station set up Wednesday - Saturday to test your tire air pressure gauge for accuracy.
Feel free to knock on the door.

Heathcote4
10-07-2015, 10:19 AM
Not sure if josh already posted here but the Heathcotes will be there late Friday afternoon/evening :) I called the park and we were on the list but posting here too just in case... [emoji4]

nander
10-07-2015, 03:46 PM
Not sure if josh already posted here but the Heathcotes will be there late Friday afternoon/evening :) I called the park and we were on the list but posting here too just in case... [emoji4]

Great! You were not on my list, but now you already! [emoji1]. Glad you have a reservation because they told me they are full Sat. See you Friday!

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson

nander
10-08-2015, 03:19 PM
We are going to dinner tonight at 5:00. Come if you want to Hondo & Shortys. We will line up at 5. Turn right on 69 and its on the left about 1/2 mile.

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson

nander
10-09-2015, 06:42 AM
Breakfast at 8:30 am.

Meet N Greet at 7pm tonight. Bring your drink.

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson

jbeletti
10-09-2015, 07:32 AM
Breakfast at 8:30 am.

Meet N Greet at 7pm tonight. Bring your drink.

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson

Sounds good - am I cooking eggs? :) Hope youre having a great rally!

MrTravelTiger
10-09-2015, 10:34 AM
Sounds like fun, wish I could be there this weekend!

nander
10-09-2015, 12:34 PM
Sounds good - am I cooking eggs? :) Hope youre having a great rally!

Wish you were here, but no you're not cooking eggs! Frank and Debbie, aka 'Lil Guy' did a fabulous job cooking bacon and sausage.

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson

nander
10-09-2015, 12:34 PM
Sounds like fun, wish I could be there this weekend!

We miss you and Erika!

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson

dlw930
10-11-2015, 01:34 PM
Another great rally in N Texas! Thanks Nancy and Dave! Lots of fun visiting with our Heartland friends and learning about disc brakes!

jayc
10-11-2015, 02:02 PM
Thanks Dave and Nancy for another great rally. Good Job!!

TomMar
10-11-2015, 02:06 PM
Another great rally Nancy and Dave. Thanks...:)

'Lil Guy'
10-11-2015, 06:05 PM
Debbie and I really enjoyed the Breakfast and Saturday pot luck dinner. Sure wish we would have had our new rig so we could have hung out longer. I also want to apologize for showing up with a dead battery in my camera. I took a couple of pics at breakfast and shot one at the group picture before everybody was ready. Purpose was to see how much zoom I could use and still get the whole group. The battery died after that one picture. Sorry and I'll be more prepared if I do it again and yes, I do have another battery and it was dead also. Needless to say, nobody was ready.lol I'll post it anyway and maybe someone else can post a better pic.
Again, wiah we could have been there for the whole rally. Dave and Nancy put on a great show and look forward to their next event.

RRT
10-11-2015, 06:33 PM
Thank you Nancy and Dave for all your hard work in creating another special rally. It's alway a great time when you make new friends.

'Lil Guy'
10-11-2015, 07:37 PM
I forgot to mention an absolutely fabulous breakfast and dinner. Hats off to all of the excellent sides and the main course of Bar-B-Que at the dinner. If you left either event hungry, it was your own fault. Thanks again Nancy and Dave and see you in La. with the new 'Lil Guy'.

dlw930
10-11-2015, 07:47 PM
Here's the "posed" pic taken with Nancy's phone.
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/11/64afc5bbc6c3221567d18f3127e2e99c.jpg

jimtoo
10-11-2015, 08:23 PM
What a good lookin bunch of Heartlanders...well ,, almost all of them good lookin. :)

Looks like you had another great rally.

Jim M

'Lil Guy'
10-11-2015, 10:05 PM
I tried to get the good looking ones to come to the front. They all tried to get up front so that didn't work. You'll also note I don't get in the pic.lol I really missed spending more time at this rally. They always have a good time. These rallys are the best part of owning a Heartland rig.

Donna1098
10-12-2015, 07:23 AM
Thank you Nancy & Dave for another great rally. Lots of good food, laughter and fellowship.

simsfmly
10-12-2015, 08:30 AM
Great rally! Connie and I would like to thank Dave and Nancy for the work they put in. Great catching up with everyone.

David-and-Cheryl
10-12-2015, 11:03 AM
Thanks Nancy and Dave for putting this together, and everyone else for making us newbies feel welcome!

jbparker
10-12-2015, 02:33 PM
Thanks Nancy and Dave for a great rally and for all your work. Had a great time.

Ncain
10-12-2015, 10:56 PM
Thanks Nancy and Dave for all your hard work. We had a great time and met a lot of great people. Sorry that we had to pull out early on Saturday. It wasn't planned that way. We look forward to getting back together with everyone soon.

Neal and Becky Cain

DaveTyler
10-13-2015, 08:55 PM
Just got back to the ranch from the rally. Thanks to all and enjoyed meeting everybody. Kathy and I look forward to the next one. Was good to learn new things and listen to all the stories. Still trying to figure which were true?
Best to all and those going South. Anyone gets close, stop in, $5.00 Cheaper than Good Sams and $10.00 if Heartland Member. 30 amp and 50amp. Does not include breakfast. Thanks to Nancy and her body guard, Dave! Regards
to all. Dave and Kathy

teasac69
10-17-2015, 09:33 AM
Was a great rally and as everyone has acknowledged, not without a lot of hard work by Nancy and Dave to organize and prepare. I didn't see us mention the great donation by Explore USA Canton for the dinner but just want to say a big thank you to them as well. Also, I am grateful for the help Ron Russell and Performance Brakes did in helping me get my brakes installed. We have driven about 350 miles since and they are working fine, stopping good, still breaking in I'm sure.

For those who knew about our trials and tribulations with the other stuff, it's just too weird that my coach could go out of warranty and about 1 week later start to experience several problems. We got the Level Up wiring under control finally and so far so good, it is working correctly. (Jim you need to see these pictures of this mess, Heartland should be ashamed of letting that mess get out of the plant).

We have also developed trouble with a gate valve, the level indicator lights suddenly don't read correctly and my remote won't work with the bedroom slide. All since the warranty expired. :(

We are thankful most of all for the fellowship and connections we made with new friends and hope to cross paths with you guys again on the trail.

thanks for everyone's kindness. Now on the search and read and learn again on this wonderful forum for answers to my problems that have developed (post warranty).

Also, thanks Dave for that tip on the tire step. Northern tool has the 300 lb capacity one on sale now for $24.99 if anyone needs a little boost to reach into the bed of your truck. This device slips over the rear tire and gives you an expanded metal step to easily reach anything or even climb into the back of your truck. Getting one at Northern in Tyler today.

Happy Trails folks, until we meet again.

David-and-Cheryl
10-18-2015, 09:21 AM
For those who knew about our trials and tribulations with the other stuff, it's just too weird that my coach could go out of warranty and about 1 week later start to experience several problems. We got the Level Up wiring under control finally and so far so good, it is working correctly. (Jim you need to see these pictures of this mess, Heartland should be ashamed of letting that mess get out of the plant).

We have also developed trouble with a gate valve, the level indicator lights suddenly don't read correctly and my remote won't work with the bedroom slide. All since the warranty expired. :(

Tim & Beckey - sorry to hear about all your post-warranty problems! We bought our rig used, just out of warranty, so we also purchased a third party warranty plan from WholesaleWarranties.com. It was about $2,200 for four years of coverage. It's the broadest coverage you can buy; the policy is "exclusionary" so everything is covered unless it's specifically excluded, and it even covers damage to a covered part caused by failure of a non-covered part. Well, about 3 months after we got the rig, one of our Dometic air conditioners developed a coolant leak, and the entire unit had to be replaced, to the tune of almost $1,500. We just paid a $100 deductible, and the warranty paid for the rest - so it's almost paid for itself already. I had gulped hard when I wrote that big check for the warranty, but now I'm so glad I did...it's almost paid for itself already, and we have 44 more months of coverage, so I'm sure something else will break before then!

They won't cover pre-existing problems, of course, but you can still get a warranty for anything that comes up in the future.

Also, thanks Dave for that tip on the tire step. Northern tool has the 300 lb capacity one on sale now for $24.99 if anyone needs a little boost to reach into the bed of your truck. This device slips over the rear tire and gives you an expanded metal step to easily reach anything or even climb into the back of your truck. Getting one at Northern in Tyler today.

Thanks for sharing this. I had no idea something like this existed. I've been carrying a stepladder around to get in and out of the bed of our F-450 when it's hitched. Here's a link to the product: http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200631961_200631961. I'll be ordering one today!

jimtoo
10-18-2015, 10:39 AM
This is a rally thread, not about insurance or problems.

Jim M