Fantastic Vent Model 2250

TX_Clay

I have a Fantastic Vent that I want to install in the Bathroom to help remove the humidity from the bathroom when we shower. Before I installed it, I pulled the interior trim from the current vent and tried to fit it onto the Fantastic vent. It doesn't fit like the OEM vent. This trim covers the framing and insulation between the ceiling and roof. My initial thought was to trim the height of it so that it rest against new fan. But I am not sure that will look good. I know others have installed these fans. How did you handle the problem I am seeing?
Thanks ahead of time.

TxCowboy

Clay, I just purchased the 2250 for a bedroom application but haven't installed it yet. Didn't your package have a new interior trim piece? Mine did.

Also, there should be a styrofoam gasket as part of the kit that goes between the roof material and the vent cover assembly. That may raise the overall height of the unit as well.

None of the installation videos that I've seen show anything about having to trim the interior trim piece.

TX_Clay

Its a long story, but this is one that was installed on my old TH when I had the roof replaced, but it didn't have the powered opening on it. I pitched a fit about the loss of capability. They removed this one and put the correct one on. Gave me the fan for the inconvenience, but I apparently didn't get the trim piece. Guess I will order a trim piece for it. Thanks for the reply TXCowboy.