HL Website -- "Dealer stock only"?

TxCowboy

If the Heartland website is showing a model with the label "dealer stock only", is that an indication that that model is being discontinued?

DW and I saw the Gateway 3300 ML online but haven't seen it in person. We may be too late for this particular model... :confused:

danemayer

You can call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. The Gateway sales team should be able to tell you the closest dealer to you with inventory.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
If the Heartland website is showing a model with the label "dealer stock only", is that an indication that that model is being discontinued?

DW and I saw the Gateway 3300 ML online but haven't seen it in person. We may be too late for this particular model... :confused:

Yes this means the unit is no longer being produced at the factory, you'll have to find one on a dealer's lot. Don't be discouraged, like Dan said, contact HL and find out where they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TxCowboy

Yes this means the unit is no longer being produced at the factory,...

Yeah, we were afraid of that. Will probably look for another model then. We bought a new Greystone a few years ago and then the entire line was discontinued. Don't want that to happen again.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
All it means is that the particular floorplan was not selling well. I don't think it reflects on the quality of the product. If you like it and it feels like "the one", I wouldn't hesitate to buy. Our floorplan is now discontinued after 5 years. Too bad for future buyers. I still love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

We bought a Landmark Rushmore 5 years ago. We love having the windows on all sides of the living area and don't mind viewing the television at an angle. Unfortunately, it seems that a large majority prefer viewing the television head on which probably led to Rushmore being dropped from the lineup to make way for other layouts that could prove more popular.

Such is life.

If you like the floor plan that's been discontinued, and you can find one in stock, my advice is to get it and enjoy having the RV that is just right for you.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Our first 5er was an Alfa Gold that the floorplan was discontinued. We kept it for 5 years and loved it. Our next 5er was a Heartland Landmark Golden Gate which the floorplan was discontinued. We kept it for 5 years and loved it. Our current 5er is a Heartland Landmark San Antonio which the floorplan is discontinued. We have had it for 2 years now and still love it. We didn't buy them because the floorplan was discontinued, it just worked out the the floorplan was discontinued after we purchased them. I agree, if you love the floorplan then buy it. If the manufacturer is still supporting the product then all is good. And, Heartland does support their products, and parts are still available.

TxCowboy

I appreciate the comments. As yet, we haven't actually seen the floorplan in person, only online. A couple of Google searches indicate that 2015 was the last model year as I haven't seen any marked as 2016 models.

Regardless of that, the closest one I've found online is a "new" 2014 model that is six hours away. We're not likely to drive that far just to look at this one.

I would, however, like to see another Heartland model or two with the rear kitchen in the more upscale lines. DW and I didn't think we'd like that floorplan until we saw the 3300 ML and a SOB model with a rear kitchen. Now we're kind of hooked. :)

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I wonder also if when it says "Dealer Stock Only" that it is late enough in the model year that you can't custom order one until the next model year comes out.

And waiting for the next model year does not always bring improvements, either.

Our previous 2013 Heartland Trail Runner we purchased off of the dealer's lot early in the model year, and when the 2014 model release came out, it had a nicer paint job on the outside, but they swapped a bunch of stuff around on the inside, and in my opinion ruined that model.

We would not have purchased the 2014 model had that been the one we saw on the lot.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• TrailRunnerAtCherryChreek-IMG_20150517_095204779.jpg
    TrailRunnerAtCherryChreek-IMG_20150517_095204779.jpg
    678.1 KB · Views: 89
  • TrailRunnerAtCherryChreek-IMG_20150517_095052920.jpg
    TrailRunnerAtCherryChreek-IMG_20150517_095052920.jpg
    687.3 KB · Views: 90
  • TrailRunnerAtCherryChreek-IMG_20150517_095153310.jpg
    TrailRunnerAtCherryChreek-IMG_20150517_095153310.jpg
    751.9 KB · Views: 90

buddyboy

We were astounded when our floorplan was discontinued. We love our 3670RL -the only floorplan that we both said was perfect for us. Our advise - find the plan that you both love and don't "settle". In the long run that never works.