Dealers make it look easy

I don't know our dealer makes it look so easy when they dewinterize the campers on the lot. ;)
I pulled our Trailrunner down to the driveway Tuesday night and decided to start my dewinterizing process on Wednesday after work. I will say, it is our pride and joy(after our kids and grandughter) and I want to do it right. Wednesday night I was able to get the furnace, stove and refrigerator going. Thursday night, had to work late, Friday night, replaced roof vent lid(shovel broke it during roof clearing, stupid shovel) :D Yesterday I put the water to it, got all the antifreeze out of it, had to redo the plug twice with tape to get it to stop leaking(I guess I am not a plumber), fired up the water heater, gas and electric, washed the rubber roof, washed the side of the camper. Now I have to apply rubber roof protectant, take off the blackmarks on the sides of the camper, rewash and wax. This is just the outside, not to mention my little projects inside.
I talked with the our dealer and he does dozens of these and in about 1/8 of the time I have done this. :confused:
What I will say is this, I know it will be worth it in the end because like I have stated earlier, this is our pride and joy.
I know it may sound like I am whining or complaining but I really am not. My dad has always told me, if you are going to do a job, do it right the 1st time so you don't have to do it over.
My hat is off to all of those dealers that make it look so easy and those of you that take the time to make your Heartlands great.
Greg

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Just remember the dealers that I have seen have a couple (at least) of people that do this all of the time. When you do something all of the time you get good at it, learn the shortcuts, and if that is all you do can devote your full day to it. Just like when draining tanks, you can drain many at the same time. Many dealers use a power washer on the roof which speeds them up. And some don't winterize everything if they can keep from it safely. Hope you get yours done, and GO GO GO RVing.