Price of extended warranty for bighorn 3370 ???

TessaM

Past California Central Chapter Leader
We are inching closer to buying the Bighorn 3370, how much should I be paying for the extended warranty, if they are like car dealers they always have about 3 or 4 prices. Is it a warranty from the factory or another party? Thanks:confused:

jbeletti

Tessa,

The extended warranties offered by dealers are by 3rd party insurers. They are not extensions by the factory. Not saying they are bad - just clarifying for you that it is not from the factory.

Others will weigh in on what they have done and how it has worked out for them.

jpmorgan37

Extended Service Contracts

Just for some additional information on the extended "warranty". It is not like the warranty you get from the manufacturer. What you are buying is really an insurance policy. There are many companies that offer these policies and some are excellent. Notice, I said some. When you are considering one of these, talk to several dealer service managers and see if they are willing to perform service and collect from the extended contract company. Some will require that you pay for the service provided and then collect from your policy provider. Most will charge a deductible. Find out what the deductible is and also exactly what is covered. Not everything is.

I dealt with many different companies (automobile industry) and some were good, some were not and many went out of business and left the policy holders with nothing.

John

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
We received a quote from Good Sam CSP on our 3370. It was about $450 for the first year. We found coverages differ greatly between companies and you really have to shop. We decided to do nothing until the first year warranty was up. Most of the major systems like the refrigerator and AC have a manufacturers 2 year warranty. Still undecided as to purchasing a warranty or just putting the money in the bank to pay for items as they come along. It's not near as much of a concern for us with the 5th as it was for the Class A. Not near as many things to break. :)
A lot of the warranty companies will give you quotes before you buy, so you might do some shopping on your own and go to buy your trailer armed with some real-world prices.