Additional wide angle mirrors

slaytop

I have a 2005 Silverado 2500HD with the powered extendable mirrors that appear to be similar to Power Vision mirrors. The mirrors are fine for normal traffic viewing but the field of view is too small to include both the traffic and the position of the trailer while turning (especially to the right).
Spot mirrors tend to be too small and I'm not sure where to place them on the mirrors without interfering with normal vision.

I'm interested in hearing from people who have found solutions to give good rear vision - especially for right turns to know where the trailer wheels are positioned.

Is there a 4 or 5" wide angle mirror available that can be attached to the factory mirrors to watch the trailer and the "blind spots?"

Thanks,
Larry
2006 Shenandoah

kognito

Go to powervision's web site. they sell a nice convex mirror that attaches to the top or bottom of the mirror housing.

I bought two of them and am very happy with them.

I'm at work now, but I'll try to remember to post some pictures of them tonight (I have a 2500HD GMC Duramax)

use this link, and scroll to the very bottom. I bought the size 2's http://www.powervisionmirrors.com/models_specs_04.html

slaytop

I appreciated the responses to this thread and I looked at the Power Vision aux. mirrors that were suggested. Previous to the post I purchased a smaller set of crescent shaped mirrors by Hercules. The PV aux mirrors didn't seem to be much better except for a couple of inches more mirror surface.

I did an online search and found the same mirrors at Auto Barn, In addition they had a larger more rectangular wide angle mirror. The larger mirrors can be found at http://www.autobarn.net/bigauxrearsi.html. They are also Hercules mirrors and attach to the factory mirrors the same way.

I purchased a pair of the larger mirrors and tried them today for the first time. I think they give a better image from the driver's seat than the cresent shaped mirrors. The only disadvantage might be a tendency to vibrate more than the smaller mirrors if the factory shell isn't stiff. They clamp onto the upper edge of the mirror casing. If you order them, make sure you order two since they are priced individually.