Breakers or fuses

Hello all. My wife and I are new owners. We have been looking at the Bighorn for several years. We are new to the 5th wheel experience and have a lot of questions. We just bought a used 2013 3010 RE (not from a dealer but as a repo) Got a fantastic deal. Anyway I have several issues that hopefully someone can help me with. I will start small I hope and then get bigger. I was wondering where is the fuze/breaker panel if any? I am not able to get the fridge to come on. I am hooked up to shore power and the battery is fully charged but I get nothing when I push the on button. It is a Norcold fridge. It was working when we looked at the unit. I'll post another thread on the water system.

danemayer

Hi Papadaddyo,

Congratulations on the new-to-you Bighorn and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

The circuit breaker panel and 12V fuse box are usually located close to the floor. The position in the coach varies by model and floor plan, but is often located in or near the kitchen or sometimes near the entry door.

And of course another 3010 RE owner will likely chime in with the exact location. When on shore power, you need 120V AC for the cooling unit heating coils as well as 12V DC for the control board. If there are no lights, that suggests that the 12V DC power is missing. So it may be a fuse. But also check the circuit breakers. If the dealer fooled with the battery, it's possible he could have tripped a circuit breaker, or possibly even blown fuses on the power converter itself, and perhaps tripped a 12V DC mini-circuit breaker.

After you locate the main fuse box and circuit breakers, let us know what you find.

danemayer

Got that fixed. 20 amp fuse was blown. Now on to the more difficult problem
If it happens again, and the refrigerator is in a slide, inspect the wiring under the slide to see if wires are rubbing sharp edges and wearing off insulation.

Roller4tan

If it happens again, and the refrigerator is in a slide, inspect the wiring under the slide to see if wires are rubbing sharp edges and wearing off insulation.

Exactly what happened to me, no 120v to fridge. Wiring to slide comes from junction box to rear outside of slide. Behind the bottom rubber wiper is a strip of aluminum to stiffen the wiper. With the slide all the way in the wire was rubbing on the edge of the strip and after a few ins and outs cut through the insulation and cut the wire. There was just enough wire to use a butt connector and i bent the aluminum strip to allow more clearance. Taped and used liquid tape on all wires. Eventually I want to replace wire from junction box to first inside outlet next to couch.