Residential fridge not working on shore power

Hello everyone we are a new RV full time family. We currently own a 2014 Heartland Gateway 3650BH we are having a bit of trouble getting the residential fridge to work on shore power. Everything else works other than the outlet under the microwave so we know the shore power connection is good right?
If we have the inverter on the fridge and outlet works but we shouldn’t have to have the inverter on if we have shore power right? Also after about 1hr-4hr of having the inverter on while also on shore power it starts to beep constantly from the inverter. What can we do to get the fridge to run off shore power any troubleshooting, testing, advice anything helps thank you!

Bogie

There should be an automatic transfer switch between the inverter and the fridge. It transfers power for the refrigerator between the inverter (when not on shore power) and the shore power when connected. It sounds like the the transfer switch may not be working.

Not sure why the inverter is beeping.

Thank you! This might be a stupid question but we can’t seem to find anything on how to test, or even a diagram of the transfer switch we found the box but it’s just an outlet on the top and then Ac input and Ac output is that the transfer switch? If so what or how would we potentially test to see if that’s the issue?

david-steph2018

Thank you! This might be a stupid question but we can’t seem to find anything on how to test, or even a diagram of the transfer switch we found the box but it’s just an outlet on the top and then Ac input and Ac output is that the transfer switch? If so what or how would we potentially test to see if that’s the issue?
At the top under "TOOLS", go to "Heartland Owners Manual", go to "Appliances", find the "fridge."

spectra

The transfer switch for the fridge may look like one of these:
Our transfer switch was the 2nd style.

I have attached a photo of the Magnum 1000W inverter and Inverter Transfer switch (white box above the inverter)that came in my 2017 Heartland Road Warrior Toyhauler. It has a 120V residential refrigerator. In my situation the Inverter ONLY supplies the refrigerator. The junction box in the upper left of the picture with the yellow and blue marked wires is where the power (from the refrigerator breaker in the main breaker panel) come in and connect to the A/C input side the Inverter transfer switch. As long as you are plugged in to Shore power that circuit passes through the transfer switch and out via the A/C output tranfer switch wire to power the refrigerator outlet the refrigerator is plugged into. When you unplug from Shore power the inverter transfer switch detects loss of A/C input power and allows the inverter to take DC power from the batteries and supply A/C power to the refrigerator. The inverter transfer switch plugs in to the top of the inverter. The gray telephone wire in the photo goes to a remote switch inside the RV to allow you turn on/off the inverter
I have since removed all this and replaced with a Victron 3000W inverter/charger that now powers the entire RV (not just the refrigerator)when unplugged from shore power. I also installed 412Ah of Lithium batteries and 1200W of Solar to charge the batteries when not plugged in or running the generator

Attachments

• 20230204_165937.jpg
    20230204_165937.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 8
  • 20230204_165856.jpg
    20230204_165856.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 8
  • 20230213_171138.jpg
    20230213_171138.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 8