Leveling kit for 2016 Chevy Colorado

I am thinking of adding a 2" rough country leveling kit to my 2016 Chevy Colorado LT. Will I need to have my Reese pro weight distribution hitch adjusted if I do this? I am towing a 2016 Heartland Wilderness 2750RL.

Power247

Most likely. If your truck levels out now when you hitch up then you will be squatted some after you install the level.

Greg
2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I am thinking of adding a 2" rough country leveling kit to my 2016 Chevy Colorado LT. Will I need to have my Reese pro weight distribution hitch adjusted if I do this? I am towing a 2016 Heartland Wilderness 2750RL.

You may even have to buy a bigger drop-down for your hitch.

DT-1422.jpg

When I got my new truck (which sits much higher than my old Dodge 1500) we still had our Heartland bumper pull (Trail Runner) and I had to get a much larger drop-down to get the nose of the trailer back down to level.

NewHitchCloseup-IMG_20140918_163520140.jpg

Problem was that the drop-down I had to buy to get the trailer level hung do low that I couldn't back out of my driveway with it in as it would ht the blacktop and stop the truck in it's tracks.

I couldn't go 4-wheelin' with it in the receiver as it would hit the ground on some rough trails.

Here you can see the old and new side by side.

WDhitchsetup-P1000277.jpg

Mine doesn't drop down. It is upside down from yours. I have a recall for the front LED lights on my trailer which is good as my LED front lights leaked and were full of water. I will talk to the the RV mechanics about what is involved in adding a leveling kit and adjusting the hitch. Still gotta talk the wife into the leveling kit and removing the Snow plow sized front air dam on this truck.

Thanks for the info.