Hurricane Matthew getting ready to hit florida

mslater

anyone else have there RV parked in the path of Matthew . just saw a evacuation order for all people in Volusia county in RV and mobile home parks.sitting here wondering what we left in the RV that i wished i didn't .... maybe shopping for a new one next week.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Thoughts and Prayers for all of our Heartland family up and down the east coast as Hurricane Matthew approaches. I personally have family that live from Jupiter Beach up to Ocean Drive section of Myrtle Beach and have been in contact with them as they prepare for the storm. My TN home has been opened up for them.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Having been through the hurricanes that have hit the Texas coast since 1961, I know how dangerous they can be. Prayers for everyone in the path of this storm.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
On DirecTv satellite, they are now airing two channels for severe weather information. They are 361-1 and 361-2. Thanks DirecTv.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
We left MBTP yesterday along with many others as that coastal part of Horry Co was ordered to start evacuating. We experienced heavy WB traffic to Columbia and are settled into a SP for the weekend. Hopefully we can return next week to finish our stay.
Didn't want to experience hurricane or tropical force winds sitting in a 7T camper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hogladyrider

We just arrived home to Silver Springs FL one week ago, got all the patio furniture out and had to put it all away again to prepare for hurricane Matthew.

We were a bit nervous sitting out this massive storm in our new RV but we are fulltimers and if we were going down it would be with our new RV. We own our RV lot and we knew our lot was high and dry and no large trees around us. Truth be told if we were still living in our old stix n'brix I would have been more nervous as we had lots of trees on our property.

Marion County was on the outside edge of the storm so we had tropical storm warnings. Today we started receiving the brunt of the rains and wind and it lasted most of the day. The RV held up great! We are still under a tropical storm warning until 2 am Saturday morning. We took a walk thru our park around 6 pm tonite and everyone made it thru fine, only some dead palm frongs down.

If we had been anywhere near the coastal area we would have hitched up and moved. Flagler Beach area sustained major damage on A1A not sure how Beverly Beach Campground made out but I would suspect they sustained major damaged.

No doubt we were very lucky with this storm!

Susan

mslater

according to a few they stayed in our parks clubhouse there was no major damage. wind gust were recorded at Daytona airport (3 miles away ) at 91mph. the eye moved just 10 miles away or it would have been a different story. now wondering how much water we have in RV.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
My son is a Marine and he and his family live on Ladys Island. While his wife and our grandson were evacuated he had to stay on the base as he is part of the evac team. This translates to helping in the cleanup as well. The following pic was taken yesterday. He is surgical with a chain saw. I know cause I taught him!!

Eric.jpg

kowAlski631

We left MBTP yesterday along with many others as that coastal part of Horry Co was ordered to start evacuating. We experienced heavy WB traffic to Columbia and are settled into a SP for the weekend. Hopefully we can return next week to finish our stay.
Didn't want to experience hurricane or tropical force winds sitting in a 7T camper

Good call! We rode it out in our s&b and it was concerning at times. Springmaid Pier was destroyed as was a pier in Surfside. Beaches suffered a lot of erosion. We haven't been able to get to the storage facility where our BH resides when not traveling. Hope to get there tomorrow.

Safe travels

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Good call! We rode it out in our s&b and it was concerning at times. Springmaid Pier was destroyed as was a pier in Surfside. Beaches suffered a lot of erosion. We haven't been able to get to the storage facility where our BH resides when not traveling. Hope to get there tomorrow.

Safe travels

Hope your BH is ok. MBTP refunded our $$$ so we've spent the past few days driving up the spine of the Appalachians checking out the foliage. We're 100 miles from home. There's always next year!!!

kowAlski631

Hope your BH is ok. MBTP refunded our $$$ so we've spent the past few days driving up the spine of the Appalachians checking out the foliage. We're 100 miles from home. There's always next year!!!

Our BH is fine!! WHEW! Needs a good bath, but fine otherwise. Glad y'all got refunded since some places here, we've heard, refused to refund. Have safe travels

Martha