PDA

View Full Version : Intertek Fireplace



Maxx
11-03-2016, 07:13 PM
We have been using our electric fireplace occasionally in the last week and it worked great, This morning we put it on "high" for the first time and within minutes dense smoke was pouring out in a perfect gravity defying waterfall filling the rig with smoke. We shut it down immediately of course and everything is ok, but obviously something is wrong with the fireplace. The only thing I can find in a search is a possible dust problem. However having used it multiple times in the week we have owned it, and it being a brand new unit, dust seems unlikely. Any thoughts?

Another concern is the smoke detector never sounded, ours is located just forward of the entry door and tests ok. I am definitely installing one at the rear of the coach.


On a brigter note, tonight we just had a luxurious meal created in this awesome BigHorn kitchen and utilized our dining area with all four chairs, with 3 guys well over six feet (my boys and me) plus my beautiful wife (not over 6 feet tall) we all fit surprisingly well with the leaf added.

cookie
11-03-2016, 07:45 PM
Check the documentation that came with your rig. There should be some info on the fireplace.
Contact the manufacturer and explain the situation.

Glad to hear that all else was good in your new rig.

Peace
Dave

Maxx
11-03-2016, 07:51 PM
Check the documentation that came with your rig. There should be some info on the fireplace.
Contact the manufacturer and explain the situation.

Glad to hear that all else was good in your new rig.

Peace
Dave
The pamphlet has very little info. There is one line that basically states, "if it smokes don't use it..." Contacting the manufacture comes next.

Crumgater
11-04-2016, 12:21 PM
Are you sure it was smoke? Did it smell of burning dust or oils (i.e. manufacturing residues)?

Any chance it was steam? Steam wouldn't set off the smoke detector.

Being the first time on high, you probably got new pieces hot that haven't been 'burned in' yet... but... what you describe sounds pretty extreme.

I'd be testing the smoke detector with a candle or something, too (we test ours regularly with my cooking skills), to make sure it's working properly. That's a biggie!

Maxx
11-09-2016, 11:06 AM
Are you sure it was smoke? Did it smell of burning dust or oils (i.e. manufacturing residues)?

Any chance it was steam? Steam wouldn't set off the smoke detector.

Being the first time on high, you probably got new pieces hot that haven't been 'burned in' yet... but... what you describe sounds pretty extreme.

I'd be testing the smoke detector with a candle or something, too (we test ours regularly with my cooking skills), to make sure it's working properly. That's a biggie!
It was definitely smoke, pretty serious smoke.