PDA

View Full Version : EVENT: Other Rally or Event: TX, Santo - 2/15/2017 to 02/19/2017

jbeletti
11-24-2016, 12:05 AM
13429 US-281, Santo, TX 76472
Venue:
------------------------------

Coffee Creek RV Resort and Cabins
13429 US-281, Santo, TX 76472
940-769-2277 - Mention "Texas Sweetheart Rally"

Details:

Number of sites held: 40
Site fee: $31.50 per night
Who's coming to this rally? Click here for the attendee list (http://rvrally.net/attendees_2017.htm)

Agenda:

Visit the Rally Website to view the Agenda (link (http://rvrally.net/Rally_schedule.htm))

Event Leader: Larry Ulmer (email (txrally@gmail.com))

Registration is a 2-step process:
-----------------------------------------
Below are the steps to join this rally

Visit the Rally Registration page (link (http://rvrally.net/Reservations.htm)) to register, then follow step 2 below.
Contact Coffee Creek RV Resort and Cabins directly (940-769-2277) to reserve a site for the rally in the rally area (mention Texas Sweetheart Rally). Site numbers will be assigned later.

Additional Info:
Note that this is NOT a Heartland rally. It's open to all brands of RVs. Join Heartlanders and many other brand owners for the annual Texas Sweetheart Rally at a new location for this rally - Coffee Creek RV Resort and Cabins.

pegmikef
11-24-2016, 06:52 PM
Jim, I don't know when the last time you were at Coffee Creek, but they have really fixed the place up. It is well maintained and it now has full cable for those that don't have satellite. We stop there several times a year and have watched the progress.

jbeletti
11-24-2016, 10:30 PM
Jim, I don't know when the last time you were at Coffee Creek, but they have really fixed the place up. It is well maintained and it now has full cable for those that don't have satellite. We stop there several times a year and have watched the progress.

I have never been there. I do look forward to going to this rally though. I have registered on the rally website but need to contact the CG on Monday.

Terry H
11-25-2016, 01:12 AM
We have signed up for the Rally, we will arrive on Feb. 13 and depart on Feb. 20.

pegmikef
11-25-2016, 01:52 PM
Signed up, reservations made, arriving 13 Feb, departing 20 Feb 2017.

Lou_and_Bette
11-26-2016, 10:31 AM
Bette and I are registered on both the park and rally site...2/13 - 2/20

kwolbeck
11-30-2016, 02:25 PM
Signed up on the rally registration page and called the RV Resort. We are set to be in on the 13, departing on the 20.

Kevin

DaveTyler
12-10-2016, 03:51 PM
Dave and Kathy signed up to arrive February 13th and depart the 20th. Confirmed with the park.
Also on the rally site.

olcoon
12-19-2016, 05:44 PM
Sally & I just got all signed up & reservations made for the rally. Arriving on the 13th & leaving on the 20th. Looking forward to it, haven't been to the Sweetheart Rally for a few years.

JohnD
12-20-2016, 12:03 AM
Wow . . . the attendee's list looks like a 'who's who' of the cool people!

Wish we could make this one . . . looks like a lot of fun is going to be had!

jimtoo
12-20-2016, 01:18 AM
Wow . . . the attendee's list looks like a 'who's who' of the cool people!

Wish we could make this one . . . looks like a lot of fun is going to be had!

Yep,,, it's lookin good... and if you would come John,,you could meet me and some more good folks... and,, and,,why,...I'd even give you a couple rolls of potty paper... just cause... in case you need it. :) And I'd even throw in ....well .. we'll see what else. :)

Jim M

JohnD
12-20-2016, 01:32 AM
Our Prowler will probably be in the shop then getting the axles fixed, so we won't be on the road until after we get that done.

Perhaps next year?

jimtoo
12-20-2016, 02:17 AM
Jack it up and bend the axle back....:)... Next year may just have used paper.,,, but OK.. your choice.

jlsr
12-20-2016, 09:35 AM
Hi,
Can non-Heartland owners attend this Rally ? Looks to be pretty close to us. We have a Columbus 5th Wheel. Also do you have to sign up for all the dates or could we attend just the weekend? Sorry for all the questions, we have never attended a rally before .
Thanks!

danemayer
12-20-2016, 09:47 AM
Hi,
Can non-Heartland owners attend this Rally ? Looks to be pretty close to us. We have a Columbus 5th Wheel. Also do you have to sign up for all the dates or could we attend just the weekend? Sorry for all the questions, we have never attended a rally before .
Thanks!
Hi jlsr,

This rally is sponsored by RV.Net and is open to everyone. If you visit the linked website, you'll find there are a number of non-Heartland RVs registered already along with the agenda so you can plan your stay.

jimtoo
12-20-2016, 10:53 AM
Hi Dan and jslr,

Dan, the Texas Sweetheart RV (http://rvrally.net/) rally is not sponsored by rv.net. RV.net is given recognition as sponsor for use of the rv.net forum where it was first started about 16 years ago. Our main sponsors are Heartland RVS (https://www.heartlandrvs.com/) and our Heartland Owners Forum (https://heartlandowners.org/content.php) and ExploreUSA (http://www.exploreusa.com/). We also have quite a few other sponsors that donate items and gifts. We list all sponsors on the Texas Sweetheart RV Rally web site with links to their site for a year also.

The Texas Sweetheart RV rally is open to all brands and types of RV's. And jslr, if you only want to come for a couple of days, just let it be known when you register and make your reservations with the park. Come and join us and meet lots of great folks.

Link to rally info on RV.net site (http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/29109698.cfm) forum.

Jim M

Ted_Dee
12-20-2016, 05:46 PM
Alright, we signed up on the Rally site and made our reservations with the campground. Arriving on the 12th and leaving on the 19th. Looking forward to our 1st Sweetheart Rally.

coltsdad
12-22-2016, 12:24 PM
Audra and I will be at the rally since its close to home. We'll be there Thursday and leave Sunday, Wish we could be there all week but we still have to do that dreaded four letter word for several more years. We are excited to see attend our first Sweet hart rally and make some new friends!

TravelTiger
01-10-2017, 11:40 AM
We're signed up!

Too many of our Heartland friends attending to not go. We'll arrive Wed., Tony will drive back and forth to work Thurs. and Fri.

E

pegmikef
01-10-2017, 07:42 PM
We're signed up!

Too many of our Heartland friends attending to not go. We'll arrive Wed., Tony will drive back and forth to work Thurs. and Fri.

E

Yeah, there are a lot of Heartland symbols on the attendee list.

jbeletti
01-10-2017, 11:19 PM
Hey Heartlanders attending the Texas Sweetheart Rally...

Do you have a non-Heartland RVing friend that might want to join you for some rally fun? Invite them to join the Texas Sweetheart rally. There are still plenty of sites left.

StarryNight
01-20-2017, 04:54 PM
Don and I will be attending the 2017 Sweetheart Rally. We will be arriving the 14th (Tue) and departing the 19th (Sun). I have made reservations with Coffee Creek and registered.
Look forward to seeing everyone :)

Monica

jbeletti
01-20-2017, 08:38 PM
Don and I will be attending the 2017 Sweetheart Rally. We will be arriving the 14th (Tue) and departing the 19th (Sun). I have made reservations with Coffee Creek and registered.
Look forward to seeing everyone :)

Monica

Cool - see you there!

jimtoo
01-20-2017, 08:53 PM
Will be good to see every one. Still got some sites open.

Jim M

jstarwal
01-26-2017, 02:49 PM
Hello Jim we just made our reservations for the Heartland really the sweetheart rally put our names on the book we will be there from the 14th to the 19th thank you

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

jbeletti
01-26-2017, 04:25 PM
Hello Jim we just made our reservations for the Heartland really the sweetheart rally put our names on the book we will be there from the 14th to the 19th thank you

Hi Jack and Lynette - happy to hear you registered for this rally. Please note - it is NOT a Heartland rally - through there are a LOT of Heartlanders who go to it. It's an all-brands rally. I/we are not the organizers, so I'm not taking names.

There is a small group of founders of this rally that are the organizers. The ring leader is Larry Ulmer. Great guy.

By the way, if you have only reserved a campsite with the campground, you now need to register for the rally on the rally website. Here's a link to it: http://rvrally.net/Reservations.htm Only takes a few minutes to register.

See you there!

jstarwal
01-26-2017, 04:31 PM
Okay thanks Jim I will go to that website and register preciate your time

wingrider05
01-28-2017, 12:54 PM
Janice and I just registered for the Rally!! Looking forward to meeting
new folks and seeing friends!!

jbeletti
01-28-2017, 05:57 PM
Great Mike and Janice. If you've not already done so, be sure to complete your rally registration here: http://rvrally.net/Reservations.htm

Jim Posz
02-09-2017, 11:40 PM
Cleared the snow out of the driveway around the Sundance today and as soon as it warms up enough to move in the slides tomorrow we're on our way. We hope to pull into Coffee Creek on Monday. Looking forward to seeing all of you. Jim P.

TravelTiger
02-11-2017, 04:04 PM
Cleared the snow out of the driveway around the Sundance today and as soon as it warms up enough to move in the slides tomorrow we're on our way. We hope to pull into Coffee Creek on Monday. Looking forward to seeing all of you. Jim P.

Jim, pack some winter jackets and shorts. Weather has been wacky! Today in the 90s, Tuesday will be in the 40s, then Friday back to 70s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lou_and_Bette
02-12-2017, 08:16 PM
Sitting on Barksdale AFB in Famcamp overnight and then on to Santo tomorrow. Anxious to see everyone

jbeletti
02-12-2017, 09:11 PM
We have about a 4-hour ride tomorrow so should put in by 3 pm.

TravelTiger
02-15-2017, 04:24 PM
Waiting for Tony to get off work so we can hitch and go!

jbeletti
02-15-2017, 06:58 PM
Waiting for Tony to get off work so we can hitch and go!

Just had the meet and greet. Many will circle back to the rally hall after dinner for cards/games. Travel safe and see you soon.

TravelTiger
02-15-2017, 09:56 PM
We go here about 6, but took longer to set up due to E-6 on the EMS -- low power on L-2. It read 1 volt! Park sent a guy right away and he fixed it. Good power both legs. :)

Paradise2
02-15-2017, 11:44 PM

Hey, we lived in The Colony for 12 years and raised our kids there....actually lived on North Colony Blvd...I worked at the Police Dept. Maybe some day we will meet up with you.

Lynette and Don....

TravelTiger
02-17-2017, 11:28 PM
Having a great time at the Sweetheart Rally!

Special thanks to Heartlanders Jason and Roy, with an aluminum scrap from Ed, for replacing (new one from Heartland under warranty) and strengthening our "floppy fender" that had cracked and broken... they did this while Tony was at work today.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170218/20c01b6fdb815e5552a0e496f041358c.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170218/1a713468cac95f89c12efee1944ee470.jpg

jayc
02-18-2017, 08:16 AM
That Jason is a handy guy to have around. Roy? Well Roy has very hairy face.

dlw930
02-18-2017, 02:57 PM
Good job guys! I did exactly the same thing to mine last month. I hate to throw away any scrap pieces of wood or metal. You never know when you might be able to make use of it.

olcoon
02-19-2017, 12:39 AM
[QUOTE=jayc;530068]That Jason is a handy guy to have around. Roy? Well Roy has very hairy face.

Hey Jay, I shaved the other day...in 2009!

TravelTiger
02-19-2017, 03:12 PM
Well, we are home safe and sound, sad to leave before the festivities are done but we had a very good time!

jbeletti
02-19-2017, 04:28 PM
Well, we are home safe and sound, sad to leave before the festivities are done but we had a very good time!

Erika - it was great to see you and Tony again and cool that his work commute was only 45 mins from here on the work days. See you in Alpine in less than a month!

jassson007
02-19-2017, 05:49 PM
[QUOTE=jayc;530068]That Jason is a handy guy to have around. Roy? Well Roy has very hairy face.

Hey Jay, I shaved the other day...in 2009!

Hey you gonna be in goshen Roy. Got something I want you to try.

olcoon
02-19-2017, 06:09 PM

Glad you guys made it safely! It was good to see y'all again, that's the problem with traveling with an RV, you don't get to see friends very often. Thank goodness for social media, at least we can keep track of each other!!!

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=olcoon;530192]

Yep, we'll be there! Are you guys going to be able to make it?

jassson007
02-19-2017, 06:17 PM
Glad you guys made it safely! It was good to see y'all again, that's the problem with traveling with an RV, you don't get to see friends very often. Thank goodness for social media, at least we can keep track of each other!!!

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=jassson007;530276]

Yes sir we will be there.

TravelTiger
02-19-2017, 06:20 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, home for a few hours then had to evacuate due to a tornado warning. Should have stayed in Santo! Waiting it out at the rest area near Ranger that has a tornado shelter.

TXBobcat
02-19-2017, 06:50 PM
If you would like to see or copy the photos I took at the Sweetheart Rally in Santo TX go to the following link and check them out..

We had a great time as always.. There were 33 RV units here. We saw old friends and met some new ones.. Great Rally..

Sweetheart Rally (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/krm20dk4o5xu27g/AAA3Pspcxiupg-X-JMba3Djpa?dl=0)

BC

avvidclif
02-19-2017, 08:39 PM
[QUOTE=olcoon;530192]

Uh oh, be careful sounds like the famous last words of a redneck "watch this, you ain't gonna believe it"

jassson007
02-19-2017, 08:45 PM

Uh oh, be careful sounds like the famous last words of a redneck "watch this, you ain't gonna believe it"

Lol first time I met Roy I hijacked his bottle of fireball I just have something new for him to try.

TravelTiger
02-19-2017, 09:49 PM
Nice pics, Bob!

pegmikef
02-20-2017, 04:31 PM
We are back home after a great rally in spite of a little nasty weather. As always great food and it is always nice seeing all our RV friends and meeting new ones. Peggy and I want to thank all the folks who made this possible with a special thanks to Larry, Jim M., Jim B., Kevin and Nelly and all the others who helped them! The down side is now we have to wait a whole year to do it again.