Air Lift Install Option

BigGuy82

For those of you who don't want to spend a few hundred bucks on a remote system located in your cab to fill your Air Lifts, here's a suggestion.

I have an onboard compressor already for my train horn, but the air chuck was located under the right running board - not terribly convenient. I also wanted the valve stems for the bags in close proximity to each other. Here's what I came up with:

IMG_1364.jpg

The valve stems are just to the left and right of the license plate. The air chuck is now located near the elctrical connection. This allows me to easily inflate both bags using a coiled air hose (which can also be used to inflate the tires on the truck). This also has the advantage of allowing me to easily acces the valve stem on my Flex Air pinbox. To keep gunk out of the air chuck, I just put a couple of finger cots on it (those little rubber finger bandage protectors). Keeps dirt & moisture out.

By the way, I blocked out the license plate to protect my super secret agent cover.

IronJ

Thats how it is set up on my srw that does not have on board air...

But the two scrader valves replaced the top two liscense plate screws and now reside in that location...cant hardly even see em

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

BigGuy82

Thats how it is set up on my srw that does not have on board air...

But the two scrader valves replaced the top two liscense plate screws and now reside in that location...cant hardly even see em

D-mn - I like that idea. Why didn't I think of that?

jam20ster

I too didn't think of that. What a simple way to install. My setup looks very similar to the pic.

I do have the wireless compressor also. Works pretty well, although my first compressor went bad after 3 months. Airlift stood behind their product and overnighted me another one. So far so good on the new one.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Did the same thing. But used the 2 existing lower screw openings on my plate and holder. Working with no problems for 2.5 years.

8wcqox.jpg

IronJ

I had lowers on my first truck...some air chucks were a pita to get on the valve...live n learn...used uppers the next time!! Lol...

And 3rd time i went on board air....needed it for the train horns anyway!! 😈😨

BigGuy82

I had lowers on my first truck...some air chucks were a pita to get on the valve...live n learn...used uppers the next time!! Lol...

And 3rd time i went on board air....needed it for the train horns anyway!! 😈😨

I've got the onboard air with the horns also, but I didn't want the hassle of running gauges inside the cab, so I just use a short coiled air hose hooked up to the air chuck below the plate and keep a dial gauge in the center console for occassional checks. The hose will also reach my soon the be installed Flex Air pin box.

IronJ

My new adventure with the dash ipad upgrade will be to integrate the 3p system. So i can control and monitor pressure with the ipad app..along with my custom tunes and data monitoring...

7a8ca9f32a6ea75ecdb258863ff0e543.jpg

BigGuy82

My new adventure with the dash ipad upgrade will be to integrate the 3p system. So i can control and monitor pressure with the ipad app..along with my custom tunes and data monitoring...

7a8ca9f32a6ea75ecdb258863ff0e543.jpg

What is an iPad dash upgrade? Sounds like something I'd want but I also can't screw with the warranty.

IronJ

Its a kit made by retro customs.

ac10be35c6a8a3d4f1d4a7b225685e61.jpg

It replaces the factory trim piece and is designed to hold an ipad mini.

It only works with the newer my trucks with the sony sync and touch screen nav as it replaces the temp and volume knobs below.

There are some modification, but it can be put back to stock if a warranty issue ever came up.

I am switching my custom tuning to kory willis and an ez lynk system which operates on a wireless/cloud based platform. The pad will monitor and show every engine parameter as well as allow real time data logging. I also have bluetooth apps for my led lighting, and hopefully can get the air ride manifold set up for Bluetooth.

This is of course in addition to the regular functions of an ipad and it will have both wifi and cell connectivity. So when we travel it can be popped out and used just like a reg ipad for web searches/maps/movies etc...

If i dont like it ill just put it back to stock. So well see!!

Ill make a new thread when i get the ipad mount back from paint guy!

IronJ

Oh not to mention i can switch over to the tireminder tpms system and integrate that as well To the ipad. ..