3250TS mains wiring.

boristd

I bought a 2010 BC3250ts a while ago. I am trying to track the 120v cable that goes to a power outlet between the two cupboards in the bedroom upstairs. There are two electrical cables going to a blanked off plate on the roof but neither are live. I want to add a TV on the shelf but I can't find the end of the cable to liven the circuit. The cable appears to run forward I assume to get past the window and then drop down. This I'm not sure of and I cannot find the end of it. I have six sliding cupboards on wall below the top cupboards and lots of cables running under the draws but it appears no main cables.
Can anyone point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance and merry Christmas to those still enjoying the day ����. From sunny Nelson NZ.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I'm thinking it's possibly the awning outlet wire the go to the plug out side. Turn on the awning outlet switch in the cabinet and see if it's hot.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

boristd

Sorry I probably should have mentioned my rig has been rewired for 230v ac. I need to track the cable back on the hope I can draw a new wire through. My outdoor Ac outlet is just to the right of the entrance door (between entrance door and storage door) which is quite a run from the blank outlet on the bedroom roof.

danemayer

Hi boristd,

I'm a little confused by what you're saying.

1. What exactly do you mean you've converted the trailer to 230V.
2. Is there an already an outlet in between the bedroom cabinets where you want the TV, but the outlet doesn't have power?
3. The 2 electrical cables you mention on the roof - is that the ceiling of the bedroom where a fan or air conditioner would go, or something else?
4. Have you looked behind the main circuit breaker panel to see if there are any wires that are not connected?

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

My Landmark has a outside ac plug there between the basement door and the entry door that is hot all of the time the I also have a awning ac outlet farther forward by the front bracket that works off of a switch inside.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
He is in New Zealand guys not sure if y'all noticed that or not. Not sure if they have different electrical setup similar to Europe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

He is in New Zealand guys not sure if y'all noticed that or not. Not sure if they have different electrical setup similar to Europe

Yes, i noticed New Zealand and assumed he's converted outlets to 230V. But I'm wondering what was done and who did the conversion. The answer might explain why some wires are dead.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Yes, i noticed New Zealand and assumed he's converted outlets to 230V. But I'm wondering what was done and who did the conversion. The answer might explain why some wires are dead.

I have no clue I was just making sure y'all saw that as it might answer the why it was done but not the how or the who. Sorry I am not much help.

boristd

I am in New Zealand. We use 230v as mains supply which mine has been converted to. The power point I am trying to convert is original. I would suspect that it was laid by the factory for use by a TV or similar. It is in the roof above the parcel shelf between two cupboards in the bedroom. Just in from the side wall. Beside it is an aerial outlet for sat and UHF connection. Since there are two cables the other may go over to the vent to supply power there but it doesn't look as if it does.
I haven't checked behind the breaker panel as yet. I need to actually replace the cable. Draw it back thru the frame as it doesn't meet our electrical insulation standards and I suspect it goes to another outlet that has also been disconnected.
If there is someone with knowledge of the path the cable takes to get to the roof that would be great. Thanks Alan.

mlpeloquin

Heartland does not supply electrical diagrams or schematics, so we are all on our own for tracing where the wiring routs. All junctions are made in electrical boxes though. There are no hidden junctions. I assume the wiring dose not meet your code do to the difference between 120V and 230V. Since the wire is not live, you could check for an open with an ohm meter. If it is open, apply a high impedance AC voltage and use a touchless voltage tester and trace the wiring. You should have a version of one of these in NZ.

https://www.theautomationstore.com/...tm_source=bc&gclid=CKWgkv2Wk9ECFQ9EfgodTD8Cew

boristd

Lucky I could borrow the sniffer and gen unit. The wire appears to run across the roof of the wardrobe and down the nose cone somewhere. Didn't find the end but decision made as there would be no way to draw a new wire through! Cut a hole in the wardrobe wall and fit a power point on the side of the cupboard / shelf where the TV is going to sit. Not ideal but out of the way and no real visual issues. I did note though the original wiring was sitting in poly panel in the roof and we in nz do not allow that as the polystyrene attacks the insulation and has caused fires. We use a coloured cable which has more stable insulation. Thanks for the help / advise and another job off the list! On to the next job.