Window over bed

sjrellis

Is there any reason a window could not be installed over the bed in a 3670? With only one window on that side of the rv, it makes it really hard to be Mrs. Cravitz! I don't need the window to open, just one that I can look out of. Anyone ever done this?

SmokeyBare

Is anyone Out thereeeeeeee??????

Yes some are, although I'd be no help...

Well in fact there is no reason you couldn't cut into that nice clean blank back wall of the bedroom slide room wall. Of course if there are graphics out side that wall... well that's just a "Pretty" issue.

You will find the outside wall to be like all the other outside walls... it will have insulation foam panels inside.

The only real issue I could see would be the lack of the aluminum wall studs that would support holding the window in place. Some sort of frame would need to be built around the window that you want. The Screws that hold it in place have to screw into something substantial to keep the window from falling out as you drive down the bumpy and bouncy roads.

Maybe a few well placed cameras to keep an eye on the outside world??

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Sandra, Like Marv said, it's doable. I think there may be a single vertical aluminum stud in the center of the bedroom slide out wall. You would need a stud finder that can be used for metal to find it unless it was cool and damp enough outside in the evening. That's when all the studs on our rigs show on the outside wall. They don't show condensation right away and a very easy to spot. Anyway, if you have this stud in the center you would have to decide weather to go along side of it or cut through it and possibly weaken the wall. Windows can be added but shouldn't sacrifice wall strength just for the sake of having one.