What appliance is one which leg in 50A?

bradal

What appliance is ON which leg in 50A?

The reason I am wondering....When I am running my trailer in a 30A connection, your are jumpering the individual connectors to provide a total 30A between the two of them.

I want to protect my 50A incoming with a 2P30A breaker, which should provide more than enough power. I run the A/C etc. all year on the typical 1P30A with no problems.

I am trying to keep my wiring at 3C#8 instead of 3C#6 which is twice the price.

Would like to know what is powered from each leg on the trailer. 1-A/C, Fridge, Receptacles 2-Microwave, Outdoor Microwave. ETC.

Anyone help?

wdk450

What appliance is ON which leg in 50A?

The reason I am wondering....When I am running my trailer in a 30A connection, your are jumpering the individual connectors to provide a total 30A between the two of them.

I want to protect my 50A incoming with a 2P30A breaker, which should provide more than enough power. I run the A/C etc. all year on the typical 1P30A with no problems.

I am trying to keep my wiring at 3C#8 instead of 3C#6 which is twice the price.

Would like to know what is powered from each leg on the trailer. 1-A/C, Fridge, Receptacles 2-Microwave, Outdoor Microwave. ETC.

Anyone help?

There are many different builds and wiring layouts. It might be easiest (with power disconnected) to take the faceplate off of your breaker box, turn all branch breakers off, turn the branch breakers on one-by-one, and measure from the phase feeds for continuity. OR, look at the breakers, measure once, and go by the rule of thumb that breakers alternate phases as you move left to right in the breaker panel.

danemayer

I'm not following what you're trying to do. If you're plugged into a 30 amp receptacle, doesn't it already have a 30 amp circuit breaker? Why do you care which device is on which leg if you're on 30 amps supply? Both legs are getting power from the same 30 amp hot wire.

Mattman

Stick it on a 2 pole 40 and call it good. If your breakers are horizontal then the phasing alternates per row going down. But your number 8 is good for 40 Amps. If your not living out of it, probably not an issue.

bradal

Thanks Mattman.

DaneMAyer, will be running a 2P40A on my 50A service. A typical 30A service jumpers both legs on a 50A service. I want to essentially double the power from a regular 30A service but not run #6 wire as I think it is complete overkill.

Thanks!!

Mattman

Thanks Mattman.

DaneMAyer, will be running a 2P40A on my 50A service. A typical 30A service jumpers both legs on a 50A service. I want to essentially double the power from a regular 30A service but not run #6 wire as I think it is complete overkill.

Thanks!!
How far are your running? Generally #8 - 6 is minimum up charge on wire cost. Are you running it in a NM cable or conduit? There may be another way to cut it and save you some money and get 50amps.