What is going on with the 300C Specs HEARTLAND. Which is it??? and rant

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
I know Heartland reads this forum. I have gotten a phone call from HL because of my tire issue.

Ok, I have had issues with my trailer. The worst of it is that Lippert welded my axle hangers in the wrong location which causes my trailer to track to the passenger side. And that HL uses Towmax tires, but some believe that is debatable.

Well after I bought this trailer a member pointed out to me that the Specs for this trailer are in correct. They listed it as a 37ft trailer when it is actually a 40ft trailer. GVWR is 14000 when dry is 11950lb. If you travel with 100gal of water and 30gal of fuel that only leaves you with 1000lbs for anything else including what you can load in the garage. But the spec's should be GVWR of 16,000lbs and 39'4" for length.

About 1 or two weeks ago Heartland corrected this on their website. It said the GVWR was 16,000lbs and the lenght was 39'4". Now if you go the website it is back to 14,000 GVWR and the 37,8" length.

I spoke to the the fellow at HL about this during the time that the website reflected the 16k. As I wanted my sticker on the trailer to reflect the correct values. His remarks was the 14k reflects the axle rating. Well that would be fine but the sticker should say GAWR 14,000lb not GVWR. As GVWR reflects pin weight and axle weight. GAWR reflects ONLY the axle weight.

Now the website is back to the incorrect spec's. Even a member bought a 300C due to the list specs and now it has screwed him because he can not pull doubles due to the trailer being longer then they advertise it at.

I screwed up not paying attention to the sticker before I bought this trailer. Regardless even if it is incorrect. But why does the Garage say it is rated for 2500lbs. You can't load 2500lbs in it if you base the load off of the Sticker on the trailer.

Next Rant, My experience with HL so far.

I feel like I am getting lead on and on and on over the repairs for the tire blow out. At the rate it is going it will take Heartland and Camping world at a min of 2 to 3 months to get my trailer out of the shop. Nobody will take responsibility for this issue. I know the Towmax tires are garbage. But Heartland knew before my tire blew out that the axle hangers where welded onto my trailer in the incorrect locations before the tire blew. This was determined the week prior to my trip by CW. I do feel that that is a contributing factor to the tire blowing. I never mentioned that before on here because I felt with Heartland knowing this they would have taken this by the horns to work with camping world to get all of the repairs fixed on the Heartland dime. Knowing the underlining issues.

I purposely gave them the benefit of the doubt to get the repairs made as the axles are not true and are causing the wheels to drag. They had approved the repairs to be made on the trailer to correct the location of hangers. To cut them off and relocate them. Mind you, my trailer spent four or five weeks at the dealer to find the trailer tracking issue and to correct it. Well, two of those weeks were spent with HL and Lippert trying to figure out who is paying for the warranty work. A few days on measuring it, and another week or so with HL determining the outcome of the measurements. Then I came home from offshore. They knew I had a trip planned a week later, hince the dealer having the trailer for four or five weeks. Because so much time was wasted and no repairs were made I picked up my trailer as I suppose HL gave the dealer the go ahead and it would be safe to travel with it. Then the tire blew out the following day after picking it up.

Now it seems like they are playing the waiting game. The game that they will sit and wait till I get feed up and go through my insurance to get the repairs done. But at the moment the tire is in Dynamic in Canada for inspection. As Dynamic is trying to conclude if it is a manufacture defect or road hazard. Though I think we all know this is going to be a "Road Hazard" defect.

I am just so feed up. I have no idea what anybody is doing other then what I am doing. Not only am I tired of this I am extremely erked that I have to do all of the leg work on this.

Not sure how this is going to turn up. I doubt I wont see my trailer until Jan or Feb at this rate.

So to conclude my rant. When is HL going to correct the Sticker with weight ratings and the Specs online. It was correct for a little while but it is changed again? And are yall going to completely ignore my repairs needed after a tire blew? Let me know so I can move on and take other actions.

HL, Please email me at mp (@) mattpopp.com I am offshore at the moment and I can not receive any phone calls. But I can call, So email me or PM a number and I will be more then happy to call and talk.

Even the CY3110 which uses the same (2) 7,000lb Dexter Axles carries a 15,500lb GVWR

Last edited:

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
I just got off of the phone with Heartland. They have approved all of the repairs for the damage created by the blown tire. Hopefully if all goes well they should have all of the parts by the end of next week to repair the trailer.

I kind of feel like a Arse but Brandon at HL is the fellow that I spoke to about week or so ago and they have been working on the issues from his end since then. He just had not kept me in the loop. So all is good or we are at least moving in that direction.

Happy days

truknutt

Committed Member
Thanks for letting us know that something had been done for you. So many times we never hear the final outcome in these types of situations.