Tire pressue Monitoring System

holstin

Before people wonder why I am posting this here instead of in the proper location. The reason is because it states in the other section that it is monitored by a person who works for one of the companies. I would prefer not to here my questions answered by a seller of the product. That would be bias in my opionon. I want to here from users and people with more experience using them.

Here is my question.

There seems to be many different models on the internet. I would like to hear from people on the ones they like and seems to work well. I would like to find one that I can mount on my dash and not look tacky and if possible just wire it to one of my upfitters and not the cigarete lighter.

Any sugestions would be greatly appreciated before I go by one to monitor both my F450 but the Landmark also for a total of 10 tires.

Thanks

Last edited:

jbeletti

Hi Lenny,

I have the Advantage Pressure Pro System - an older one. Works fine but I always felt it was a bit cumbersome to add the senders to the system and I wish the rubber antenna had a 90* swivel connector on it.

That said, if I had to replace this system, I would consider trying the new Doran System. I looked at them in Gillette at Escapade. Another forum member, Jim Gratz (jmgratz) bought the system when he was there. I think he loves it.

For more $$, the system (SmarTire I think) that has the sensors banded to the inside of your rims looks great. They measure actual air temperature inside the tire too and that would be handy to instantly know while moving down the road. For example, if you shucked a tread and didn't know it and was running on the carcass, the pressure may be normal but the temperature has to be higher (I'd think).

Good luck and I hope you get more feedback. From a housekeeping perspective, after this thread has run its course, we will likely move it to a final resting spot in the TPMS forum.

Jim

vangoes

I bought the new Doran RV360 system earlier this spring. It's performance is great and the setup of the sensors is a snap. The really good thing about it is that it shows the air pressures.....just punch a button and it will give the PSI in each tire.

Uncle Rog

After two blowouts we went with the Doran Pressure Pro, we have an eight sensor system. If we were to replace it we probably would only monitor the 5er........

Forrest Fetherolf

My mod for low tire sensor posted 6/07. Simple wireless doorbell, 4 micro switches with feelers..............cost less than $80.

Forrest

Attachments

• Tire Sensor002.JPG
    Tire Sensor002.JPG
    159.7 KB · Views: 54
  • Tire Monitor1001.JPG
    Tire Monitor1001.JPG
    162.9 KB · Views: 57
  • Tire Monitor1003.JPG
    Tire Monitor1003.JPG
    158.1 KB · Views: 53
  • Tire Monitor1004.JPG
    Tire Monitor1004.JPG
    159.4 KB · Views: 45

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I have Doran Pressure Pro for my TV and the Bighorn. I have an extra sensor incase one goes bad or is stolen. I have the normal monitor and a repeater in the front basement of the 5er. I do not have to use a pressure gage numerous times (letting out small amounts of aire each time). I just press a button and can read the pressure of each tire. If I went to purchase my system now I would possibably go to the exterior antenna. I like the monitor but it is expensive.

I would not travel very far without my Pressure Pro. Saved me a couple of time.
FWIW

crazybanshee

I run the Pressure Pro System.Wouldn't leave home without it.Cheap tire insurance. Plus I don"t have unexpected problems on vacation. Priceless!!
Doug

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I went with the new Doran system. Doran used to make the Pressure Pro and recently sold it. They now market their own system. The difference is the Pressure Pro reads the current tire pressure and uses that for the baseline pressure. The new Doran allows you to program the baseline pressure. (that is my understanding). I think Jim B mentioned I got mine at the Escapade. It already saved me and I feel like that one save paid for itself. They both cost about the same. I have not had any problem in the base in the truck reading the monitors on the tires on the 5er. I would recommend the Doran system.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
i have the pressure pro system from pat mcfall. Jim i thought u told me that u preferred this system over the Doran. U flip flopping or what? still havent installed it since you need steel stems on the tires. should i try to return it or whats up? since its still in the box, anything is possible. spent a heck of a lot for second best. Kinda confused. Help!!!

jbeletti

Hi Larry,

Good to hear from you on your long trip. Is your hair on fire - been talking about you in chat with your CA step-brothers :)

I am not saying Pressure Pro is second best. Just saying I would try the new Doran unit if I did not already have Pressure Pro. I would not return what you have. I would get it installed. You are likely past the return period and it would cost you $. Spend that $ on metal valve stems as you will need those with either brand.

Travel safe Lar!

Jim

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I guess the message is read the instructions carefully. Why...well I have had two flat tires on my truck in two days. Both of the flats are the result of not having steel valve stems on the wheels. Both flats were caused by valve stem failures. The sending unit that screws onto the valve stem causes the valve stem to flex when the tire is spinning. The centrifugal force bends the valve stem causing it to break. This would not have happened if I had the steel valve stems. Luckily the warning went off saying low pressure allowing me to stop before any damage occurred. Also luckily I had a free tire replacement warranty on the tires and got them replaced free as the rotation on the low tire ruined it.

Moral - Put steel valve stems on before installing the pressure monitoring system.