Gray Tank Equalizing?

Uncle Rog

After seeing it on this forum, and after a friend of mine got a real surprise when he went to dump after a week out, AND his kid had pulled the black tank valve playing in the CG. I installed the Valtera "fail safe" valve on the end of the dump line.
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/twist-on-valve/27868

My question is: invariably one of the gray tanks gets full faster than the other, usually for us it is the shower side. With my fail safe valve in place if we pulled the two gray valves would the two tanks equalize? Seems like they should, any body try this before?

Jimmyt5

This work great, also I sometimes do this after dumping black,let it run into that tank...

jim

Forrest Fetherolf

Rog,

I installed a permanently attached 4th dump valve a year ago after I took a poo-poo bath removing the travel cap. I added a removable 3" extension and Sewer Solution. The gray tanks can be equalized with 4th valve.

Forrest

Attachments

• IMPROVEMENTS006.JPG
    IMPROVEMENTS006.JPG
    162.8 KB · Views: 72

Uncle Rog

Thank you guys, looks like I am headed in the right direction.
Forrest, I have to laugh you have same tire rash on the same flex guard as we do.

HappyKayakers

Thank you guys, looks like I am headed in the right direction.
Forrest, I have to laugh you have same tire rash on the same flex guard as we do.
Good eye UR. I was also going to mention that. I noticed the flex guard when Forrest and Karen came through Amarillo. I finally got rid of mine after a failed velcro fix attempt. My wire looms are now held up with cable ties.:)