Port a Boat

boatdoc

One would think with a BigHorn O9' 3670 there would be all sorts of room to hang it under the trailer but No it isn't going to happen and I won't even think about hanging it on a side of the trailer, so I guess it's the roof. Anybody else ponder this 12' question. Thanks

Pulltab

I have a set of brackets I made that I used to mount mine under my bighorn and it is only a 2925 model.

boatdoc

Do you put one end or the other of the boat under an axel?? With the drop front on my trailer this would be the only way to hang it under. Thanks

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I don't have the drop frame but don't you think the forward section of the frame would provide a long enough support even if 3 or 4 feet of the boat extended back beyond the frame? Or is there not enough road clearance? How about in the rear of the trailer?

Pulltab

I no longer have it mounted but no it did not go over the axle. The rear of the boat was flush with the front of the underbelly. I made the bracket so that when you pushed the boat into the front bracket the taper of the boat stopped it from going any farther. The rear bracket was hinged and dropped down. I pushed it in, lifted up the boat and installed a pin and she was set to go. My boat was also just a 10'