Amazon order

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If you get an email from Amazon saying you cancelled an order (that you didn't place), complete with a link to an order number, I strongly suggest you don't click the link. The way it was written set off alarm bells for me, so I sent it to Amazon's customer service to let them deal with it. Looked like a phishing trip to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CoveredWagon

If you get an email from Amazon saying you cancelled an order (that you didn't place), complete with a link to an order number, I strongly suggest you don't click the link. The way it was written set off alarm bells for me, so I sent it to Amazon's customer service to let them deal with it. Looked like a phishing trip to me.

I've been getting those for the last several days. Needless to say I didn't bite. I have ordered several things from Amazon lately so I'm guessing that's where there got my email address. My first clue was I already had everything I ordered, and was wasn't even in town.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
It was all plain font, no logos or color. Probably sent by my rich Nigerian benefactor.

donr827

Easy to recognize it as a phishing scheme. Best way to check it out is to go directly to Amazon site and see the status of orders you might have with them. I have received at least 6 of them.
Don

Mattman

I have been getting 1 a day now. I think I have cancelled the same order several times now according to them.

NorthCal Bob

I got one from Apple ID saying my order for my new Mac notebook was being shipped wanted me to log in on the link. Was complete with invoice etc. I didn't bite. Lots of phishing going on these days. Be careful