Sewer hose storage

rideblue

Finally got off my rear and installed some storage for the sewer hose. I got tired of having to store it in my outside slider box. Would rather use that box for wheel chocks and wood blocks for the rear stabilizers. I used 4 inch sewer pipe with threaded ends glued on. End cap is attached with a chain anchored to the frame. Attached the pipe to the angled steel braces coming off the frame just below the living room slider. The slider still operates normally without coming in contact with the pipe. Five feet of pipe will store 20 feet of hose.

bigredtruck

I'm sure this is a really stupid question - doesn't the hose go in the rear bumper like it has on our last 2 trailers? We haven't picked up our Cyclone yet so don't know if it is different. (DH is planning the trip to Michigan for next week to pick it up!!!)

Jett

No rear bumper on the back of my 08 3210. I keep my hose stored inside the compartment where the kitchen gray water tank release handle is located. Lots of unused space in there. A 20' sewer hose (with all of the fittings attached) fits without any problem.

Jett

fjspinelli

Common Sense Jake
Just picked up our 3950 and am going through the process of a punch list. The subject of the sewer hose is a sore one. There is no way for a 10' section of sewer hose to fit in the silly storage door that is provided. The depth of the tube (foil bathroom vent hose) is no more than 1' deep.

Come on Cyclone brains...don't bother putting in this silly door and set up if it won't hold the hoses. Come up with a better idea.

In the mean time I am on the way to Home Depot to make some modifications to the sewer hose plan:rolleyes:

davelinde

No rear bumper on the back of my 08 3210. I keep my hose stored inside the compartment where the kitchen gray water tank release handle is located. Lots of unused space in there. A 20' sewer hose (with all of the fittings attached) fits without any problem.

I noticed the spare space there too. Will water drain out of there if some it trapped in the hose?

BTW - what is that other compartment (next to the black/grey1 handles) for? That little hosey thing looks like it's meant for something but it doesn't look like water can drain out of it.

Jett

I always try to limit the amount of water (clean) left in the sewer hose after I flush it. I think (hope) there isn't enough water trapped in the hose to cause any serious problems.

The little compartment by the handles is designed (?) for a real short sewer hose.

Jett

Blessed

Just picked up our 3950 and am going through the process of a punch list. The subject of the sewer hose is a sore one. There is no way for a 10' section of sewer hose to fit in the silly storage door that is provided. The depth of the tube (foil bathroom vent hose) is no more than 1' deep.

Come on Cyclone brains...don't bother putting in this silly door and set up if it won't hold the hoses. Come up with a better idea.

In the mean time I am on the way to Home Depot to make some modifications to the sewer hose plan:rolleyes:

If your set-up is like my Landmark, you can remove the screws holding the white collar on the black plastic tank(I am doing this from memory). Then pull it out. You will find a long black tube attached to the white collar. I cut it off close to the collar. Now my 20' hose fits with no problem.

fjspinelli

Common Sense Jake
No black tubes here. I have attached a picture of the wine bottle holder;)

Attachments

• Sewer Hose Holder.jpg
    Sewer Hose Holder.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 108

davelinde

No black tubes here. I have attached a picture of the wine bottle holder;)

YOU BEAT ME TO IT! I took the same picture this afternoon.

What in the world is that thing for? It does not drain, so there's no way I'd put a hose in there. However, just for grins I tried to put a hose in there... it DOESN'T FIT because ALL sewer hoses have connector fittings that are wider than the hose?

I will see if it will fit a wine bottle. Do you put the ice in behind it? I'm stumped...

btw - on my rig I have the space between grey #2 and the gas tank - it is HUGE (36"+) and can easily hold 20' of hose (I could probably put 40' in there if I tried). All my hose is in there now. It will drain forward, I may drill a few weep holes to the rear too. I also try to keep a minimum of water in the hose, but due to it's design there will always be trapped water in there and it needs a place to leak away for sure.

fjspinelli

Common Sense Jake
Actually if I fill the space behind this, right next to the docking station, it will allow the ice to drain...come to think of it....a 40 oz beer might work better here for meNone

davelinde

...come to think of it....a 40 oz beer might work better here for meNone

Depending on my mood... yes, it does not look like Champagne will fit so the options are limited. I've been trying to encourage DW to hand me a beer after I am unhitched and set up but she does not seem to like my idea of a valuable family tradition... DW thinks that hose looks like the dryer vent.

bigredtruck

I don't know why you woold wait until you're unhitched. DH & I have beverages cracked before we start backing the trailer :)

rideblue

Ok, I admit it. Those holes on the bottom were not intended to drain liquids, they are so I could have access to the mounting bolts.

davelinde

Ok, I admit it. Those holes on the bottom were not intended to drain liquids, they are so I could have access to the mounting bolts.

Accidental cleverness is still being clever! :)

It's still a slick mod. I will try using the valve compartment for a while (hey... it's really really big and seem ideal) but I DO like your mod too.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I have used that silly compartment to hold assorted sewer hose end connections. I have at least a dozen of them I have accumulated over the years. Works pretty good cause you play the stick your arm in and go fish for the right connection (cause you cant see in it). LOL...