Fender Skirt & Area Behind Tires

Oregon_Camper

I saw a post today and Dan provided me a picture of the support bracket he has, (thanks!) for securing the fender while traveling.

I went out to inspect mine a bit more and found 6...yes 6...of the screws holding the trim in place have had their heads popped off. I can't remove the remaining part of the screw and was wondering if anyone else has had this issue and how to resolve?

The image with #1 and #2 showing is there to show you the broken off screw (#1) and the trim section (#2)

Finally, there was some type of adhesive between the trim and the side of the trailer. Anyone have an idea what I should use to replace it when the trim goes back on?

Capture.jpg
CCapture.JPG
ccCapture.JPG

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Just run a screw in right next to the broken one. The head of the new screw will cover the shank left from the broken screw.

Peace
Dave

Oregon_Camper

Just run a screw in right next to the broken one. The head of the new screw will cover the shank left from the broken screw.

Peace
Dave

Tried that...broke another screw head off. :mad:

Decided to cut off the trim an inch behind the last "good" screw. Then I simply flipped the trim and all 6 holes had fresh locations to screw in 6 new screws (after I painted them black of course)

Now I have a line where the two pieces lineup, but it is hardly noticeable. Once I get some black silicon tomorrow I will finish the job and post a picture.

I also need to do some touch up painting to one area on the trim pieces, as my hacksaw slipped 2 times (the trim is metal) and I scratched the paint on the trim. :(